Sign in to follow this  
Darsc Zacal

Pre-Launch Bones 5 Excitement thread

4 was my first Bones Kickstarter, and I thought its Chronoscope set was sadly lacking. Chronoscope is what I feel could get enthusiastic about. Any chance of a tease in that direction?

Just now, NebulousMissy said:

You did not imagine. From page 95

Is that a drop of blood on his sword?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brother Jim said:

Which is why I has a sad, Bugbears have 3 fingers per hand....but #121 has 4 fingers per hand.

I must have misunderstood your comment, then. It sounded to me like you were bemoaning #121's 4 total digits per hand as opposed to a mistaken idea that existing bugbears had 5 digits instead. I can't see the images very clearly on my computer at the moment due to work restrictions, so I couldn't double check the fingers on 121.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Brother Jim said:

When I first saw the picture I thought #121 was an armored Bugbear.

But I think it has 4 fingers per hand.

:down::down:

5 hours ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

Reaper's Bugbear minis only have 4 digits per hand anyway, IIRC.

Yep. Confirmed...

77231_w_1.jpg.5a1aec2fa9fef65777b2778060af5de5.jpg

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Could be a mutant?

It could also be a Siens Bugbear rather than from the Tre tribe. They have four fingers rather than 3.  The smaller Wiebe tribe also has four. (Assuming it is a bugbear of course)

Edited by EvilJames
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sanael said:

The thing I wish people would remember about the core set--before they start whinging on about a pile of Kobolds or whatever--is that it's designed as an entry point. It's not (to my eye, but as always I am not a Reaperpeep) designed for people who have been collecting minis for a while (it's got a bunch of stuff such old hands are likely to like--baby Mashaaf, anyone?). New hobbyists don't have an army of first level encounters, so the core set has that.

And this is good for people who don't need a pile of Kobolds, because NEW hobbyists support making stuff for ALL hobbyists. And what's awesome about the Kobolds in Bones V (unlike the horde minis in previous Kickstarters) is that Reaper doesn't have to make the molds (because they're already made*): they're giving NEW hobbyists awesome hordes while pumping the money they gained by including that value into NEW molds, which is good for EVERYONE.

This is such a good point, and a great way for veterans to think about the core set content.  The hobby seems to be growing quickly - ReaperCon attendance was up 50% (!!!) this year, and look at all of the noobs stumbling around here in the forum (like me).

A core set that appeals to thousands of new hobbyists means Reaper will get a lot more cash to make more molds for other minis.  Those fistfuls of kobolds (made from existing molds) cost Reaper ~$0 in plastic to include and no more for us to buy.  But they will help motivate a lot of people to pledge that $120 that gets everyone more pirates, samurais, dragons, mermen, etc.

It's very smart to design a core set that appeals to noobs - there are lots of noobs and they want the same kinds of things.  If it targeted veterans with large collections, it wouldn't really please any of them because they all want pretty specific, esoteric stuff, so it would have a much smaller audience.

I've seen a lot of people here saying (understandably) that they plan to pledge  $120 or the minimum to get access to PM so they can pick and choose what they want .  Reaper needs to get 1000s of people that all are willing to pay $120 for something before anyone has anything to pick and choose from.

I'm planning to pledge a lot more than $120 hopefully in wave 1, and I hope that massive hordes of my fellow noobs do the same, because I want all the cool stuff too!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I have been dealing with some major personal issues over the past 5 months and as such have not touched a paint brush or payed any attention to the upcoming KS.  

Getting the email that it is coming was a nice surprise.  Not sure I will take part in it but I might jump in for $1 just to be part of the action and maybe help get my mind off stuff.

Maybe tonight I will watch some of the Reaper Lives to get caught up on any previews.

Have they said anything about the chance of Bones Black busts?

• Like 8

7 hours ago, TGP said:

I passed on them because they are so small. And my eyes keep wanting cheater glasses in the 2.0, 2.5, 3.0 ranges. But they look kool. So, if they are just tossing them in? Woot! <= Clearly labeled small woot, because kobolds are small...

Get one of those magnifying light units you can attach to your workspace, that's how I survived doing a whole group of mouslings for my son's 4th grade class last year (that was 32 mini's BTW haha). The kids loved them, and they were mostly a speed paint! The light also helps me work on the REALLY small stuff called electronics (I mod PS1's and repair DS lite's):rolleyes:

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Usually during the KS more and more is added to the Core Set making it good value.

I will not get it though, I'm going to be cherrypicking since I already have a lot of unpainted stuff.

For me it will be the cool monsters/specials etc.

That's where I am at, I already have cores 3 and 4, so I am good.

49 minutes ago, Fnordlover said:

4 was my first Bones Kickstarter, and I thought its Chronoscope set was sadly lacking. Chronoscope is what I feel could get enthusiastic about. Any chance of a tease in that direction?

Is that a drop of blood on his sword?

Sadly, according to last nights reaper live, NOT a lot of sci-fi, except for chronoscope expansion (hopefully it is better then last KS)

• Like 5

Just now, NebulousMissy said:

I can pretty much guarantee I won't be Wave 1. I'll be Wave Whenever I Wake Up ::P:

I am wondering if we will still be wave 1 at $1 level as we were in bones 4? They did verify that even the $1 level gets pledge manager access.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

I have been dealing with some major personal issues over the past 5 months and as such have not touched a paint brush or payed any attention to the upcoming KS.  

Getting the email that it is coming was a nice surprise.  Not sure I will take part in it but I might jump in for $1 just to be part of the action and maybe help get my mind off stuff.

Maybe tonight I will watch some of the Reaper Lives to get caught up on any previews.

Have they said anything about the chance of Bones Black busts?

Hope you're alright!

Nothing about busts

1 minute ago, NebulousMissy said:

I can pretty much guarantee I won't be Wave 1. I'll be Wave Whenever I Wake Up ::P:

I'll be Wave whenIgetbackfromvacationpledgingforonedollar

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I just hope that wormhole Reaper used for shipping Bones 4 to Canada is still open when they ship out Bones 5.

Wormhole beats Wave. ^_^

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

14 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I just hope that wormhole Reaper used for shipping Bones 4 to Canada is still open when they ship out Bones 5.

Wormhole beats Wave. ^_^

I just hope Canada doesn't get destroyed on shipping charges this go around. The $80 USD free shipping limit from the Reaper store hurts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

49 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Sadly, according to last nights reaper live, NOT a lot of sci-fi, except for chronoscope expansion (hopefully it is better then last KS)

I've no problem with sci-fi living in a Chronoscope expansion, I just need it to have more than three minis I want. I value a $50 expansion with three minis of interest at $16.67/mini. Right now Bones 5 core is sitting at $7.50/mini, though I might adjust that if having more kobolds grows on me.

• Like 7