Sign in to follow this  
Darsc Zacal

Pre-Launch Bones 5 Excitement thread

On 9/26/2019 at 6:58 PM, Guindyloo said:

Dire Cabbage stretch goal or we riot.

I'm pretty sure that was a joke.  If not, I'm going to need concept art because this is my idea of dire cabbage:

Image result for sauerkraut

I think I'll open my bid at $300.  I am going to try to not just give Reaper their money back this go around.

• Like 9
  • Haha 12

finally watching Reaper Live from last night.. Looking through the art book, I'm guessing Persephone on page 30 is the one in the KS...

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Piata said:

I just hope Canada doesn't get destroyed on shipping charges this go around. The $80 USD free shipping limit from the Reaper store hurts.

We shouldn't, Reaper palletizes all of the Canada Kickstarter orders and ships it across the border to distribution centers before it's opened up and sent to its rightful owners. I've backed Bones 3 and 4, and have never gotten any import fees or such like because of the way that Reaper has things worked out.

• Like 6

Could perhaps the upcoming figures not be shipped in individual not-reusable baggies? Reusable little zip bags I can get behind. The no-zip bags that a lot of stuff was in.... that kinda sucks.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, strawhat said:

Pulp is good (when not in OJ)!

Preach it ..!!

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

Could perhaps the upcoming figures not be shipped in individual not-reusable baggies? Reusable little zip bags I can get behind. The no-zip bags that a lot of stuff was in.... that kinda sucks.

That is very, very, very, very unlikely. I don’t know for a fact but I am pretty sure... Putting little figures in those heat sealed bags is fast and semi-automated at the factory.

But resealable? Somebody would have to pick up a bag, to slide it open, drop the figure in, push the slider shut. Rinse, repeat. Thousands of times. 

Do we really wanna wait for as long as that would take? ...multiplied by the total number of figures. :blink:

Edited by TGP
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

I just don’t think there’s robots good enough for that, yet. (Sorta fear the day when there are such robots, tbh.)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Cyradis said:

I think the divide was what factory produced the items.  The majority of the zip bags seemed to be the Bones Black expansions and I've heard the Bones Black are made in a second factory.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I specifically (well, I just said 'bones') asked about this on Reaper live last night, and the response was 'there's a chance'.

I'd take that with a whole lot of salt, though.

Here's your salt now gimme those busts!

image.png.6af8ac702d7d8665c22d94124af3097a.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, TGP said:

Preach it ..!!

That is very, very, very, very unlikely. I don’t know for a fact but I am pretty sure... Putting little figures in those heat sealed bags is fast and semi-automated at the factory.

But resealable? Somebody would have to pick up a bag, to slide it open, drop the figure in, push the slider shut. Rinse, repeat. Thousands of times. 

Do we really wanna wait for as long as that would take? ...multiplied by the total number of figures. :blink:

Sealed Air and other companies make semi-automated resealable bag machines.  If the factory or Reaper owns one is another story.  Everything has a cost but technology is not the issue.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, turbocooler said:

Sealed Air and other companies make semi-automated resealable bag machines.  If the factory or Reaper owns one is another story.  Everything has a cost but technology is not the issue.

There are lots of foods that come in resealable bags.

One has to cut them open above a line and below that you can reseal them again due to a strip.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

I'm pretty sure that was a joke.

It better not have been. I participated in an official poll, that makes it official. ::P:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

There are lots of foods that come in resealable bags.

One has to cut them open above a line and below that you can reseal them again due to a strip.

I forgot about those. I sometimes get food that comes in those. 

As an aside: If I was Lord High Emperor of Earth and World Arbiter of Justice (y’all are so lucky I’m not and never will be) I would send my loyal inquisition to round up all those machines, the people making them, the executives in charge, the wretched marketing majors that named the bags ‘resealable’ ...and I would End Them

The charge False Advertising

Why? Because those allegedly resealable bags that foodstuffs are sold in don’t reseal. They hardly ever work. They fail at least 4 out of 5 tries at sealing. They pop loose later. The Emperor Is Not Amused.  :ph34r:

But those sorta bags might work better with goods like figures as opposed to food. But if using the cheaper kind saves Reaper a few pennies... ...Ed needs pennies, @TaleSpinner needs a pay rise, Pizza for the ReaperPeeps! ...so sez I. 

But I just reuse the heat sealed ones. I did that with things that needed re-bagging in the last box O goodwill. Just carefully cut open one edge, the bag will still hold things. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Guindyloo said:
10 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

I'm pretty sure that was a joke.

It better not have been. I participated in an official poll, that makes it official. ::P:

I have something really important to finish that I struggling with but when that’s done  I will jump right on the concept art.

Maybe I can work it into Inktober.

https://m.economictimes.com/magazines/panache/australian-couple-grows-giant-cabbage-as-big-as-a-man-after-more-than-nine-months-of-care/articleshow/68021514.cms

Pix or it didn’t happen... ^ ...hoax ???

• Like 3