Sign in to follow this  
Darsc Zacal

Pre-Launch Bones 5 Excitement thread

49 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Reaper has stated in the past that they do not want to compete in the pre-textured base business, because of the wide variety of options already out there.   

I know they have, but my experiences looking at the pre-textured base business is that it's not particularly competitive or suitable for my needs. Reaper's in the plastic bases business, and there's already plenty of options for those, so I don't see how there being competition really is a valid reason not to produce a superior product.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

I missed the poll regarding Dire Cabbage, but I am 100% in favor of Dire Cabbages. If they exist though, they also need to be Flying Dire Cabbages.

There was a poll during the Live Stream thing on Thursday evening amongst whoever could log in to Twigger or Twitcher(?) or whatever the streaming service is called. 

Lettuce-like Wings would be a brand new thing. Feather wings—done; Leather Wings—done; Mechanical Wings—done...

...but vegetable??

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Guindyloo said:

So first of all, we Dire Cabbage fans don't appreciate this slur, if Dire Cabbage are anything, they're clearly Irish. Secondly, the poll was very obviously rigged and until there is a recount to include all of the #cabbage votes prior to the change to #dire, we will never accept these results. 

::P:

They're probably from Brussels, Ireland. And they should go right back there and stay there.

Forever.

<redacted>

Edited by Doug Sundseth
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

This looks like a fine thing for Beekeepers discussion. And absolutely not a thing for here.

Agreed. Moved to beekeepers.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, TGP said:

There was a poll during the Live Stream thing on Thursday evening amongst whoever could log in to Twigger or Twitcher(?) or whatever the streaming service is called. 

Lettuce-like Wings would be a brand new thing. Feather wings—done; Leather Wings—done; Mechanical Wings—done...

...but vegetable??

I don't follow the live streams. I don't just want lettuce-like wings on anything. They need to be on sentient cabbages.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

I don't follow the live streams. I don't just want lettuce-like wings on anything. They need to be on sentient cabbages.

Sentient man eating cabbages...millions of jars of sauerkraut cry out for vengeance!

• Haha 9

2 minutes ago, Argentee said:

Sentient man eating cabbages...millions of jars of sauerkraut cry out for vengeance!

If the man is eating cabbages, I'll have at least some question about his sentience. And that sauerkraut can try, but my Reuben is a sauerkraut-destroying juggernaut.

• Like 5

I'm not even a huge fan of eating cabbage stuff. I just think it is thoroughly humorous.

• Like 4

Well... Megan has claimed the undead giant already.

She has 'plans'.

Annoying, since I also had 'plans', but didn't think to stake claim, so early in the proceedings.

She has also claimed the orc shaman, but I am getting the dragon.

How many other couples are already divvying up their as yet unseen minis?

The Auld Grump - I also had plans for the shaman....

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

I was merely pointing out that you have put forward an idea that is something “...new under the sun...”  That’s rare. 

1 hour ago, Argentee said:

::D: :lol: ::D: :lol:

1 hour ago, Doug Sundseth said:

If the man is eating cabbages, I'll have at least some question about his sentience. And that sauerkraut can try, but my Reuben is a sauerkraut-destroying juggernaut.

I’m not a fan of Coleslaw, or its principal ingredient white cabbage, but I won’t turn down a Reuben sandwich. 

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

I'm not even a huge fan of eating cabbage stuff. I just think it is thoroughly humorous.

Godwin’s Law (Reaper Forums Version): the longer a thread continues, the probability of discussing of food approaches 1. <_<

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Argentee said:

How's that line go again? Oh right... 

"Carrot juice constitutes murder..."

Ah,thr Arrogant Worms, so many good songs. 

1 hour ago, TheAuldGrump said:

I "cheated" - I haven't shown hubby the stuff yet, and I'll "cheat" again and just order two of the ones we would be likely to fight over... ::D:

• Like 6

2 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

She has 'plans'.

Annoying, since I also had 'plans', but didn't think to stake claim, so early in the proceedings.

There is a really simple solution for this. Get two.

They do usually have the Core Set split out in the PM, after all.  And if they don't ... well ...  oh dear. So many minis. <.<   >.> 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

trying to accomodate what i assume costs will be, im thinking im already at $100 due to minimum 2 sets... we are assuming some form of underwater set (i want the Eye of the Deep, its a must have), and im hoping the belief in a greek set (and the rumors/jokes of a Titan are implying a greek titan that i can use for D&D  - ie. a massive 10-12 inch giant) vs a bones version of a warhammer styled titan).  that leaves $100 left over since plan to pledge 200. 

thinking to drop cyclops, basilisk, and the godzilla depending on which sets or costs they have.

i must have the bronze golem, catoblepas, storm and cloud giant.  

Thinking catoblepas will be added to the core set and become a separate set of 3 monsters near the end of the kickstarter so need to put aside 10 for that most likely.

sigh. 3 days left...

sanjay

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Not a couple but I am divvying up into the will probably paint and the will probably not paint categories. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

She has 'plans'.

Not 'divying' per say but I am taking orders along the line of "get that one" and "get that one too".

• Like 5
  • Haha 3