Sign in to follow this  
Darsc Zacal

Pre-Launch Bones 5 Excitement thread

1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

Yes, 2.  One is done, and one I am working on.  Can't divulge either, since they haven't been officially revealed.  That's Ron's job.

Whimpers.......

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Admins:  I’m sorry if this question belongs elsewhere.  Please move it if so.

I haven’t supported a kickstarter before and I want to make sure I understand how this works.  

Once it goes live, the first backers will get in Wave 1, and later backers go into later waves.  Lower wave backers get their stuff sooner because they get fulfilled earlier in the production schedule.  Is that true regardless of the amount pledged, or only at the $120+ level required to get a core set?

If I increase my pledge later in the campaign, I don’t lose my place in my wave.  That helps unlock more stuff and gives me more money to spend in Pledge Manager to buy stuff before PM closes.

If I pledge a certain amount during the campaign, can I spend more than I pledged in PM at original KS prices?  Is that why some people pledge $1 and wait for PM to decide what they want?

I remember looking at PM for B4, and I think as a non-backer I had the option to buy stuff at slightly higher than KS prices (but still below retail I think).  Is that right?

For backers, do they only get KS pricing for the $ amount they pledged, and the higher prices for anything more, or do all backers get to buy all they want at KS prices?

TIA for anyone who can confirm I got the above right and/or answer my questions.  I’d like to be clear on this stuff so I know how to pledge tomorrow and maybe later in the campaign.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, rubegon said:

stuff

If you change your pledge, you don't lose your wave (unless you click to change your wave-dictacting pledge level). Basically, they add a few hundred pledges available at once, and, when they're taken, add more so later people get later waves. It usually only works out to a day (or less!) (per wave). When you change your dollar amount, just make sure you don't change the dollar amount.

When pledging, you really only choose wave dollar amount. WHAT you get get is all chosen in the pledge manager later. Late backers who only get in on the pledge manager get, as you noted, cheaper than retail pricing, but more than KS prices. They estimated about 20% upcharge in the video. More importantly, though: the dollar amounts from late pledging do NOT get added to unlock new things; only during-campaign, on-Kickstarter pledges work toward unlocking new stuff.

If you're IN the Kickstarter and later add MORE in the pledge manager, you get the Kickstarter backer rates.

Edited by mqstout
  • Like 5

29 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

It was a joke Ron made on the last Reaper Live broadcast, where he put up a Dire Cabbage as an option in a poll.

And I still say, this is Reaper we're talking about. With all the complaints I've seen about Broccoli this and broccoli that and Broccoli bases, it's high time we had a broccoli minaiture ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Seriously, every time someone mentions dire cabbages I keep hearing this....  :;):

my-cabbages-smon-32558666.png.7e540028fc754dcfa65970d9224a55c5.png

EDIT: maybe Reaper is secretly planning a cabbage cart mini?  Like the pumpkin cart?  Ron should know better than to put up a poll option like dire cabbage.  :rolleyes:

Edited by LittleBluberry
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 9

I’m watching the latest Reaper Live on YouTube (first time seeing the show).

I’m so bummed about the Bones Classic on larger models. Sooo bummed.

Edit: I wonder what “a different tack and having fun” with the Chronoscope expansion means... ?

Edited by Baphomet69
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Baphomet69 said:

I’m so bummed about the Bones Classic on larger models. Sooo bummed.

yup

maybe there will be some exceptions... the dragons have finer scales so bones black makes more sense for that.

Sanjay

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Baphomet69 said:

: I wonder what “a different tack and having fun” with the Chronoscope expansion means... ?

I don’t know, but since the Chronoscope line is a sort of catch all for most none fantasy genres, I was thinking a different take would be something other than the usual sci-fi themed minis.

Personally I was hoping for pulp or maybe steampunk.

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

"Bones Classic" is significantly lighter, so that's a plus for shipping costs, for starters.

it really comes down to preference.  Sadly, only one 'side' will 'win'.

Me for example, and @Baphomet69 , i take, from his reaction want the detail. I can deal with higher cost, etc if im getting better models.  Also, i mainly work with resin models recently, so im used to working on potentially more fragile models. 

But it seems like, the dragons most likely will be regular bones white. the issue i see with that. those 3d prints have some really fine detail on it. the larger creatures that regular bones is great for, dont really have fine detail like that and i do think it will be noticeable.  If you make a larger creature but put sharper finer detail on it, use black for it.  if you have something with softer details , like the dragon turtle, or Cthulhu, use regular bones.

thats what i would do at least .

Sanjay

Edited by StarFyre
  • Like 3