Sign in to follow this  
Darsc Zacal

Pre-Launch Bones 5 Excitement thread

I did have some drooping/leaning issues with the giant Minotaur lord, and am having similar issues with the Vrocks from Bones 2. Honestly, large, bipedal creatures with goat legs seem to be the main issues I have with droopy figures...

• Like 6

Droopsy isn't eliminated with Bones Black either, although I think it is mitigated some. Baba Yaga's Hut shows that BB is still hit by Droopsy, even after treatment. It is a very top-heavy one balancing on two legs though. Pretty sure the bend on mine is at the leg joints much more than on the feet (those are pretty flat and steady).

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Cyradis said:

Droopsy isn't eliminated with Bones Black either, although I think it is mitigated some. Baba Yaga's Hut shows that BB is still hit by Droopsy, even after treatment. It is a very top-heavy one balancing on two legs though. Pretty sure the bend on mine is at the leg joints much more than on the feet (those are pretty flat and steady).

And this is one of the reasons I'm not that concerned about large minis not being cast in Bones Black... it substantially increases weight, but I'm not convinced it does much more overall in benefits. But, to each their own.

• Like 7

Droopsy** is mainly a weak (that is thin) ankles problem. 

I like being able to convert Bones figures easily. I also like leather dragon wings that flex like leather. I hope anything with a potential noodle-flop weapon will be done in the Black material. 

**™️ Doug S.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, TGP said:

Droopsy** is mainly a weak (that is thin) ankles problem. 

I like being able to convert Bones figures easily. I also like leather dragon wings that flex like leather. I hope anything with a potential noodle-flop weapon will be done in the Black material. 

**™️ Doug S.

Absolutely this. I really love Bones for the simple conversion ability. I like weapon swaps, arm swaps, repositioning. Bones Black is harder, and therefore makes conversions harder to do. That's a bummer. I do like weapons that are prone to warping being made of stiffer material, especially pole-arms, but I'd honestly just like a wider variety of hard plastic weapons sprues a la Bones 3, and then swapping them out on miniatures where their weapon decided to become super noodley.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

Well, I said “USA, (comma) and Canada and the rest of the America’s”, separating USA from Canada. Because that’s what they did last time. They palletized the Canadian orders and sent them all at once. 

My bad, must have missed the comma in there ^_^;;;;

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

I just think it would be a good move to separate out, by wave, anything that’s going to be palletized and sent out by freight.

Oh, no. My hubby loves kobolds. So if he’s sending a horde of them at us you can be sure we did something to piss him off, and the kobolds are gonna murderize us. 

I’ll probably just paint them as some other critter.

Oooh, death by kobold hord. I like this. A lot. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

I did have some drooping/leaning issues with the giant Minotaur lord, and am having similar issues with the Vrocks from Bones 2. Honestly, large, bipedal creatures with goat legs seem to be the main issues I have with droopy figures...

Yes!  I got a couple of Bones Vrocks and am having the same issue.  I tried to reshape the so the poses look slightly different, but they went back after a while, including the one that was bent so far he falls over.  I have a Minotaur Lord too, but haven’t built him yet.  Are you running Out of the Abyss?  I started DMing - in Chapter 2 so far.

I’ve had similar issues with a couple of other that I can’t remember right now.

Edited by rubegon
because I didn’t finish a sentence before i posted
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

:devil: *wiggles eyebrows*

Sorry, they are not what you are hoping for.  I'm not saying they aren't being done, just that I didn't and don't know of anyone else either (that's not saying much). I'd like to though.

• Like 8
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Baba Yagas hut was made with unnecessarily thick walls though, which added to the weight issues.

True, it is chonkier than it needs to be. Still, the material was not forgiving for that weight. It was a lot of weight to put on two points. A set of monstrously sized Bones Black wings might also be vulnerable.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Sorry, they are not what you are hoping for.  I'm not saying they aren't being done, just that I didn't and don't know of anyone else either (that's not saying much). I'd like to though.

*eyebrow wiggling intensifies*

• Haha 8
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Baphomet69 said:

Edit: I wonder what “a different tack and having fun” with the Chronoscope expansion means... ?

I hope it doesn't mean weird off the wall stuff I have no use for in game.

6 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I don’t know, but since the Chronoscope line is a sort of catch all for most none fantasy genres, I was thinking a different take would be something other than the usual sci-fi themed minis.

I don't know why they can't make "the usual sci-fi minis"  we've been asking for during the last 4 campaigns. There's a market for Star XXXX compatible models.

Personally I was hoping for pulp or maybe steampunk.

I could go for that, too.  

• Like 8

4 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Oh, no. My hubby loves kobolds. So if he’s sending a horde of them at us you can be sure we did something to piss him off, and the kobolds are gonna murderize us. 

Yeah, I've run Kobolds as 15th-level encounters. 

Problem is, my players are aware of my love for the little guys, so they don't fight them anymore. They ADOPT them. They MAKE ALLIANCES with them. And they send the bard in to make the speeches and roll the diplomacy checks to do it!

GrumblerumblerasnfrasnBedazzledTortoisegrumblerumble

The only droopsy issues I've really noticed are with Narthrax dipping a bit. His torso and head are closer to the base than they used to be, but his wings are fine. I've never had a piece bad enough that I felt the need to attempt boiling, so I dunno what that does or doesn't do...

• Haha 12