Darsc Zacal

Pre-Launch Bones 5 Excitement thread

25 minutes ago, Marc said:

Oh great ... now that song is gonna be in my head ALL DAY! :)

Had to share, it’s been in my head since this morning. 

• Like 3

Had a field day scheduled for work today. So I figured I'd miss the kickoff and just get the earliest wave available tonight when I got home. Got a call this morning from my coworker saying she was sick and we would have to cancel our field day. So now I'm in the office, with a good internet connection, and I'm going to try for a wave 1 spot. Never been so happy to hear someone is sick. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

I feel like in previous KS's there was a pre-launch screen you could wait on...  Is that missing or did I dream that?

• Like 1

I am pretty excited and don't want to mess up.  How do you lock in the earlier wave?  Do you need to pledge at kickstarter.com and then also allocate the money to items in the pledge manager? 

Can we get the first wave still this evening or should I do this at my lunch break? 

Also, say I pledge $200, but then something cool unlocks, can I pledge more at Kickstarter (not via the Pledge Manager) to increase the money going towards the unlocks? 

• Like 3

Just pledge early, first 15 minutes probably with this one.  As long as you have made your pledge (yes, at lunch, EST), you can modify it whenever you want and maintain your Wave.

Edited by BLZeebub
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Waka said:

I am pretty excited and don't want to mess up.  How do you lock in the earlier wave?  Do you need to pledge at kickstarter.com and then also allocate the money to items in the pledge manager? 

Can we get the first wave still this evening or should I do this at my lunch break? 

Also, say I pledge $200, but then something cool unlocks, can I pledge more at Kickstarter (not via the Pledge Manager) to increase the money going towards the unlocks? 

Lunch break if you can.   First Wave will be gone in a couple hours (if not a single hour)

(You have no idea how fast things will move once it begins!)

There will be a list of the first couple Waves (usually on the right hand side of the screen) and you click on the one you want to pledge for. 

You can add, or even subtract, from your pledge at any time during the Kickstarter.  

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 3

its exciting to see it take off today, even if im not going to actually make decisions about which bones im buying yet.  

im planning 60$ as a place holder, and see if additions to core convince me to pony up for the whole thing. 

as always my funds are not unlimited. 

but even in the worst case I cant see not wanting a few dragons and some break-out sets from the core 

bring on the bones! 

• Like 4

There's still a lot of grumbling about KS's anti-union stance.  Still not sure how I feel about it but I'm placing a holding pledge for sure.  Someone, possibly in this thread even, explained that KS's stance really isn't quite what it would be if say, a store or Reaper, were anti-...  ::sigh::  Got some investigating to do I suppose.

• Confused 3

I think I'm just going to pledge $300 out of the gate. There's very good odds I'll want to spend more than that overall anyway.

Maybe I should pledge a million to get some stretch goals unlocked and then ratchet it back?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Ill go for a hundred. I am sure i will spend at least that much. I do not like to pull back money from KSes. 

• Like 5

So how many stretch goals do you think we can do today?  

Anyone know how many we reached on the first day of Bones 4?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

So how many stretch goals do you think we can do today?  

Anyone know how many we reached on the first day of Bones 4?

Using Space Ork math, I believe the count was "lots."

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

I'll probably go in for the minimum initially, and then see how finances are over the course of the month.  It all depends on how much is left over in the hobby fund at the end of the month (although I suppose the equivalent of a core set is probably doable) 

• Like 3