Darsc Zacal

Pre-Launch Bones 5 Excitement thread

Oh, and I am gonna have to get some of the otters, they will make great Brenneri for Starfinder

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Okay, I cannot find it, is the B5KS page up yet and if so, what is the link?

to quote an old master yoda... Patience, you must have.    3 hours to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

PSA: When y'all spend way too much on Bones 5, you have to declare bankruptcy, not just say it.

bankruptcy.jpg.94504cfcd7edc715440d662cbd05a3a4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

4 minutes ago, Guindyloo said:

PSA: When y'all spend way too much on Bones 5, you have to declare bankruptcy, not just say it.

bankruptcy.jpg.94504cfcd7edc715440d662cbd05a3a4.jpg

I'm not planning on spending *quite* that much... Even with the new job. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

So, with the core set going from $100 to $120, has there been any word on whether or not the expansions will go up as well, perhaps from $50 to $60 (assuming they eventually get unlocked by pledge rewards)?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Monkeywizard said:

So, with the core set going from $100 to $120, has there been any word on whether or not the expansions will go up as well, perhaps from $50 to $60 (assuming they eventually get unlocked by pledge rewards)?

Ed said on Reaper Live that the expansion prices were based on a formula using the bid/quote, and that he didn't know for sure, but it was probable. 

My guess is $60 as well. 

• Like 2

I can't decide if I want to throw my whole budget in at launch, or up my pledge throughout the campaign.  I've no doubt that I'll spend the whole budget anyway. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

I can't decide if I want to throw my whole budget in at launch, or up my pledge throughout the campaign.  I've no doubt that I'll spend the whole budget anyway. 

The more that flows in earlier opens more stretch goals... Why wait? 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

better to do it up front at launch so we unlock more stuff ASAP and then hopefully attract more people, etc.  if you know you will pledge it anyways.

I pledge what im fairly certain i will spend.  If really needed, later you can lower it.

Sanjay

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Crowley said:

The more that flows in earlier opens more stretch goals... Why wait? 

1 minute ago, StarFyre said:

better to do it up front at launch so we unlock more stuff ASAP and then hopefully attract more people, etc.  if you know you will pledge it anyways.

I pledge what im fairly certain i will spend.  If really needed, later you can lower it.

Sanjay

The logical part of me says this. 

The emotional satisfaction part of me says that if I do part of it now, then I can help push over stretch goals later, during the mid campaign lulls. 

Logic is likely to win. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

The emotional satisfaction part of me says that if I do part of it now, then I can help push over stretch goals later, during the mid campaign lulls. 

Never actually thought of it from this point of view. I've always been a part of the 'as much as you can early' group but this is very true.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Problem arises if you don’t have an upper limit in that budget.

So I will grab a Wave 1 Core pledge and sort things out in the coming weeks, upping the pledge as needed. Honestly, I’m expecting this to be my lowest pledge of the five. My running out of basement space has a lot to do with that. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, kristof65 said:

Talespinner has a good post about it in the thread in Beekeepers. 

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I had a feeling that that thread would be quickly whisked there, given its nature.  I'm still debating about whether or not I'd want to be in the buzzy area though. 

Darsc created that thread in the Apiary by removing posts from this one and “whisking” them to an empty hive. So best drop it...hmmm?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1