Darsc Zacal

Pre-Launch Bones 5 Excitement thread

I'm heading off to the dentist. Save me a spot in Wave 1, will ya?  :) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

I'm in a meeting that ostensibly runs until 1pm EST, so I'll be getting out right when the thing is supposed to go live. I wonder if I'll be able to back it from my phone...

• Like 4

Just now, Rignes said:

I've never partaken in a Reaper Kickstarter before.  If I pledge $120 and nothing else has that historically gotten you the entire core set if it gets fully funded? 

Kickstarter does not charge your credit card until the campaign ends (and only then if the funding goal is reached).  You can then use your pledge amount kinda like a credit in the pledge manager to 'buy' whatever you want with that amount, you can also increase the amount spent by continuing to 'buy' more things during the life of the pledge manager.  Keep in mind that if you do not indicate what you want in the pledge manager while it is open you could end up getting nothing.

• Like 6

Oh no.  A throat infection, and on Bones Day which also happens to be my birthday?!  I suppose I should call in sick...

• Like 2
  • Haha 14

8 minutes ago, Inarah said:

It lets you smack talk in the comments area of the KS.

A great place to visit. As long as you don't mind your brain leaking out of your ears. NTTAWWT. <_<

4 minutes ago, Rignes said:

I've never partaken in a Reaper Kickstarter before.  If I pledge $120 and nothing else has that historically gotten you the entire core set if it gets fully funded?

Core set, yes. Add-ons, no. But at least last time you could spend your pledge on whatever once the pledge manager opened. If you pledged for the core set but wanted other stuff more, you could redirect the $120 to that instead.

2 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

And “fully funded” usually takes very little time. 

I think it was under one minute last time, but I might be wrong about that.

3 minutes ago, Inarah said:

I'm heading off to the dentist. Save me a spot in Wave 1, will ya?  :) 

Of course. What was your credit card number again? :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

What does your plan have to do with how much you will spend?  In my experience these two things rarely have any correlation to each other.

well it depends. you try to keep to your plan. if you only want to spend $200, try to only spend 200.

Sanjay

• Like 1

If I am remembering correctly, the 120 "Core Set" doesn´t necessarily forces you to get the core, you will have $120 in "credit" to choose in the pledge manager later. 

Edit: Ninjaed by a Wizard of Wavicles...:ph34r:

Edited by Picheth
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Crowley said:

It will be funded, don't you worry. And yes, $120 will get you the entire core set, whether you pledge at the $1 level, then add in 119 more, or if you pledge at the $120 level. And the core set will absolutely grow!!

That sounds like a great deal.  Isn't a full core set around $300ish retail?

• Like 1

Just now, Rignes said:

That sounds like a great deal.  Isn't a full core set around $300ish retail?

Almost certainly more. Probably significantly more.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Crowley said:

I think my initial pledge is gonna be... let's see... 1 core set is 120... I guess $300? Gives me some room to grow, depending on what comes out and how it get bundled together. 

Me too!

8 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

And “fully funded” usually takes very little time. 

I'm pretty sure it's taken under 5 minutes the last 3 KS's

I wondering whether we'll crack the first million today.

• Like 3

I asked my wife last night what my budget should be. She said to just get what I want and not to stress out about it. On the one hand, that's quite liberating. On the other hand, I'm a pretty frugal person and going into a kickstarter this big without an upper limit is kind of stressful. Doesn't matter though, I won't be thinking of that 18 months down the road when I get a giant box of stuff. 

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

The logical part of me says this. 

The emotional satisfaction part of me says that if I do part of it now, then I can help push over stretch goals later, during the mid campaign lulls. 

Logic is likely to win. 

I usually increase my pledge as the campaign goes.  Last time I pledged my budget up front.  I found I really paid very little attention to the campaign when my pledge was already maxed, vs the previous 3 times when I watched for every new update and bumped my pledge up throughout.  

I'm going back to minimum pledge with updates throughout.  It was more fun.

• Like 4

I like to grab a wave, then increase my pledge when something I really like comes up. It's a tiny little signal of interest in a vast hurricane of data. But it's my signal.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1