Pre-Launch Bones 5 Excitement thread

Darsc Zacal

On 8/6/2019 at 7:36 AM, Disciple of Sakura said:

. I have too many Oni as is, but we'll see what else winds up in that expansion.

Hummmm as an Oni fanboy myself, would you share your sources? There is always room for another one in my shelf (even as it groans)...thank you....

Remember remember the fifth of september... Wait, wrong month....

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, OddMoominOut said:

Hummmm as an Oni fanboy myself, would you share your sources? There is always room for another one in my shelf (even as it groans)...thank you....

Remember remember the fifth of september... Wait, wrong month....

I backed CMON's Rising Sun which gave me quite a few, and I got the 2 in Bones 3. Plus, I'd already custom modified a couple of Bones giants to be oni as well, though admittedly they are decidedly less Asian in garb.

• Like 5

The only problem I have with Chronoscope is that it seems completely uncurated. A 50 mini set that's so scattershot only appeals to folks who just want a bunch of minis. I wanted three of the Bones 4 Chromoscope set. That's not worth $50. I'm hoping for smaller Chronoscope expansions that have actual themes in Bones 5.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Fnordlover said:

The only problem I have with Chronoscope is that it seems completely uncurated. A 50 mini set that's so scattershot only appeals to folks who just want a bunch of minis. I wanted three of the Bones 4 Chromoscope set. That's not worth $50. I'm hoping for smaller Chronoscope expansions that have actual themes in Bones 5.

Yeah, the number of people who need a set of Jersey barriers, three super heroes, an alien assault squad, eight old-west civilians, Agents 86 and 99 and the cone of silence, and not-Mothra (or whatever random assortment of not-fantasy bubbles to the top) is kind of limited.

That number often includes me, but that really says more about me than anything else. And I'm pretty sure what it says isn't good. ::P:

• Like 6
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

I am in favor of oni.

I am also immensely in favor of rakshasa :devil:

Both of those would thematically fit into an Asian-type expansion imo :ph34r:

Weretigers are perfectly suitable for Asian lore.

Also, I would like to see a few Indian style critters and people.

By which I do not mean Native American but Indian.

So Kali, Vishnu, Brahma, Some Thuggees, Sikhs, War Elephant, Tigers etc

• Like 8

3 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

<Mod>

Actually guys, I'm going to Mod myself here as we are getting into speculation and that is not allowed. Posts removed.

</Mod>

I admire your self discipline!

We're all a bit curious what will come, right?

We can wait..

I know I can wait...I have patience!

hungry.jpg

• Like 8

I second the idea of a rakshasa. Prepainted ones are usually more then I'd like to spend for a mini + the sculpt is less then inspiring for a big villain like a rak'.

I still say a regular timber wolf pack would be great for Bones. A common creature that shows up quite a bit in rpgs (example, a upcoming AL game I'm gonna run has a encounter of a demon wolf, 5 dire wolves & a normal wolf per PC. I usually have 6 to 7 players per game).

On 8/7/2019 at 12:42 AM, Glitterwolf said:

If they could include a little Asian Bridge I would be very happy.

Got a 3D printer?

280207.jpg

Recent KS that is now fulfilling to the public.

• Like 6

On 8/6/2019 at 8:39 PM, redambrosia said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't care for the marid. It would make a great sahaugin king, if it had legs, but I like my genies to look humany.

I agree.

On 8/7/2019 at 6:15 AM, paintybeard said:

We haven't seen anything teased from modern or SF settings, have we?

I wonder if the luke-warm reception of the Chronoscope set last time has meant there will be nothing similar in Bones 5.

I hope not as I would very much like a BFG tank! 

There has been Chronoscope stuff in each Bones KS so far, I'd be a little surprised to not see it in 5.

On 8/7/2019 at 11:18 AM, Chris Palmer said:

(As it was I still picked it up aftermarket, and cursed myself for not getting it during the KS.   Let that be lesson to you kiddos; pledge for everything in Bones 5 or you may regret it later.  EVERYTHING.) ::P:

And 2 of the REALLY cool stuff.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3