• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Picheth said:
On 8/2/2019 at 12:12 PM, Chris Palmer said:

Actually an Ed Beholder and Ron Beholder pair  would be cool.  :lol:

So... Is this going to happen? 

20190809_101544.jpg.5186bb16086bd7cd04bd55c81b7c8104.jpg

I love those!!!  You really did a great job of capturing their looks. Well done!   

Remove the tentacles an those would be great cyclops heads as well! ::):

• Like 6

For those who are interested in the Pirate Ship debate, here is the video queued up to the point where they start talking about it.  (note they stop talking about it for a  few seconds, then start talking about it again.)   I don't know Ron well enough to tell whether he really is teasing us about something that's true, or just teasing us.

https://youtu.be/3rVtOdzKjBw?t=1578

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 8

well in that stream last night, they discussed jokingly if there's a pirate ship (a flying one they also said), also that they heard that the biggest model they have ever done may be in this kickstarter - even larger than maaldrakar - im hoping for maybe a new better tarrasque.  And they discussed rumours of titans and larger golems, colossi, etc.

but its all jokes/rumors which they make clear.

i hope we get that stuff :)

Sanjay

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

Honestly. I want big stuff but Maal drakar should be the maximum size they shoot for.  Its just not practical otherwise.  I wouldnt mind Cthulhu being that size.  Or a Tarrassque...even though I have yet to put my other one to use.

i dont fully agree with that.  Wargamers use Forgeworld titans, etc.  Not all gamers obviously but more than you would think.

yes, some ppl may have issues with storage, but thats not a general rule. it depends how much space you are willing to keep for storage at your house :) 

Also, mode of travel. if you travel to play, but have a car, moving 1 or 2 larger models shoudlnt be that much of an issue.  And there are mini cases available for stuff like that too.

I think the largest issue is how much money are people willing to sink in for the hobby.

Maybe years of warhammer, travelling to painting contests (where people make custom cases to hold their entries), etc has me jaded with stuff like what is practical :) :) :)

Sanjay

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, StarFyre said:

i dont fully agree with that.  Wargamers use Forgeworld titans, etc.  Not all gamers obviously but more than you would think.

yes, some ppl may have issues with storage, but thats not a general rule. it depends how much space you are willing to keep for storage at your house :) 

Also, mode of travel. if you travel to play, but have a car, moving 1 or 2 larger models shoudlnt be that much of an issue.  And there are mini cases available for stuff like that too.

I think the largest issue is how much money are people willing to sink in for the hobby.

Maybe years of warhammer, travelling to painting contests (where people make custom cases to hold their entries), etc has me jaded with stuff like what is practical :) :) :)

Sanjay

Wargaming is different from D&D.  Specifically warhammer40k  Those are played on a huge tables even when you dont have a titan.  D&D is played on a dinning table in the kitchen in most places.  (at least thats how I started)  

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

Wargaming is different from D&D.  Specifically warhammer40k  Those are played on a huge tables even when you dont have a titan.  D&D is played on a dinning table in the kitchen in most places.  (at least thats how I started)  

the standard table size is 4 x 6 ft  and can be as small as 4 x 4 and ive seen much larger of course.

while a dinner table may be smaller, if you are doing a boss battle (most big creatures would be special encounters), it would be a party vs the 1 creature.   How small are the dinner tables people use? :)

Sanjay

• Like 4