Sign in to follow this  
Darsc Zacal

Pre-Launch Bones 5 Excitement thread

10 minutes ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

Ive been thinking about "old school" monsters that they have never done.  What defines "old school"  Is that strictly 1e or does it include all editions except 5.  
I keep coming back to the Astral Dreadnaught as being something that people want and being somewhat of an "old school" monster.  (Im not sure if it was in 1e but I know its in 2e)
I never played 1e so Im not familiar with it.

If it wasn't in Monsters & Treasure, it isn't really old-school D&D. :grr:

:poke:

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

49 minutes ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

Ive been thinking about "old school" monsters that they have never done.  What defines "old school"  Is that strictly 1e or does it include all editions except 5.  
I keep coming back to the Astral Dreadnaught as being something that people want and being somewhat of an "old school" monster.  (Im not sure if it was in 1e but I know its in 2e)

in the bones we want to see, i've put astral dreadnought on my list.

you have no idea how much i want that.  hopefully they can do it and make it look accurate and make it fairly large like the size listed in the game materials.

the trailing tail it has, we can always extend ourselves based on our need. easier than sculpting from scratch at least :)

Sanjay

Edited by StarFyre
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, StarFyre said:

in the bones we want to see, i've put astral dreadnought on my list.

you have no idea how much i want that.  hopefully they can do it and make it look accurate and make it fairly large like the size listed in the game materials.

the trailing tail it has, we can always extend ourselves based on our need. easier than sculpting from scratch at least :)

Sanjay

I would be down for one.  I wonder if its on my list too.  Its been awhile since I reviewed it.

• Like 2

I want a not Darkmantle.......only place I've seen one is on shapeways or the terrible D&D soft plastic ones.

• Like 3

I'm gonna have to get one of those amazon archers to paint up as a Heroclix Wonder Woman.

• Like 7

On 8/14/2019 at 10:54 AM, Bane Of Humanity said:

It was on the cover of the 1st ed manual of the planes. 

• Like 4

It was also mentioned that those two minis would be part of one of the expansions.

The theme of which is still unconfirmed.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

It was also mentioned that those two minis would be part of one of the expansions.

The theme of which is still unconfirmed.

Hmmm... What theme would possibly involve Amazons and owl sculptures? Perhaps if we try hard enough, wisdom will come...

Some sacrificial bulls probably wouldn’t hurt either. 

• Like 6

Are any of y'all already planning a larger starting pledge? 

This will be my 5th Bones KS and I've literally never come in under $600. As such, I've decided to just go ahead and pledge that amount from the get go and just kick back and watch the expansions roll out; that way I don't have to keep increasing my pledge incrementally. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

49 minutes ago, Adrift said:

Are any of y'all already planning a larger starting pledge? 

This will be my 5th Bones KS and I've literally never come in under $600. As such, I've decided to just go ahead and pledge that amount from the get go and just kick back and watch the expansions roll out; that way I don't have to keep increasing my pledge incrementally. 

I used to do that, but in the last couple of years my hobby budget has become much tighter, so now I have to start with a small amount and add to it as I can.

• Like 10

i'll probably start with a hundred or so and then add on after that. I do not want to get too much this time, mostly big pieces. 

• Like 7

I figure I'll drop $100 for the core set. Were there to be an underwater expansion and/or an Ancient Greek expansion I would also drop the money for those up front.

I think I'll wait on random add-ons until the pledge manager opens.

• Like 7

Today, my Bones IV pledge was finally fulfilled, so now I can start to feel tentatively excited, though I will dial my expectations of a smooth fulfilment down, from a fairly low base.

• Like 13