Sign in to follow this  
Darsc Zacal

Pre-Launch Bones 5 Excitement thread

5 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

It was also mentioned that those two minis would be part of one of the expansions.

The theme of which is still unconfirmed.

Seems like Greek to me with these and the earlier shown fighter.

Anyway, I went in heavy for the Desert Sands KS ( Tomb Kings, Desert Halflings and Desert Elves) so I will not spend as much on Bones V as I first intended.

I will probably go in for a minimum, wait for the PM and see what's really interesting.

After the initial ooohh shiney, from what I've seen so far I would like that Asian Style oni ogre and the crocosaurus with hammerhead shark.

And although I love the renders/artwork, I'm still hesitant because of how things went with Argent/Frost Giants/Baba Yaga's Hut. I already sold the hut and the others are for sale as well.

I'm a bit disappointed in some of the stuff.

On the other hand I absolutely loved the Lost Valley and the Fan Favorite pack.

Some excellent stuff in there.

I'll be backing Bones V, but I will just enter and then sit it out.

I will not throw money at it until the PM opens this time.

• Like 6

I would love if some patient soul would open a thread that just show the pics of the previews released till now, as it's pretty boring to read 32 pages of entusiasm just to find them :blush:
You may say "do it yourself" and... yeeeah I'm running out of patience drawing, tattoing and painting minis in the spare time :down:

• Like 2

I like to drop as much money as possible in the KS. I like extra monies inthe PM but in my opinion some people overdo it, to the extent that product is not released. 

I am excited about Bones V, but not excited about the fulfillment being routed through Australia. When Bones V starts, I'll see if Reaper can send mine direct. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sanwah said:

Today, my Bones IV pledge was finally fulfilled, so now I can start to feel tentatively excited, though I will dial my expectations of a smooth fulfilment down, from a fairly low base.

I’m seriously happy to hear you finally received your minis.  Fingers crossed everything is good.

1 hour ago, Cicciopiu said:

I would love if some patient soul would open a thread that just show the pics of the previews released till now, as it's pretty boring to read 32 pages of entusiasm just to find them :blush:
You may say "do it yourself" and... yeeeah I'm running out of patience drawing, tattoing and painting minis in the spare time :down:

I just went through the thread and added all the pics I found to the first post in this thread.

Given the late hour and the number of pages to go through, it’s certainly possible I missed something and if somebody notices I did, just let me know what it was.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 16

3 hours ago, Sanwah said:

Today, my Bones IV pledge was finally fulfilled, so now I can start to feel tentatively excited, though I will dial my expectations of a smooth fulfilment down, from a fairly low base.

So pleased you finally got your figures. You must be just about the last. Are you happy with what you got?

-------

Unlike quite a few others here I shall try to put all that I can in for Bones V before the campaign closes. Firstly I find multiple pledging confusing and secondly I know there will be some other projects in 2020 that I also want to put money towards.

Edited by paintybeard
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Adrift said:

Are any of y'all already planning a larger starting pledge? 

This will be my 5th Bones KS and I've literally never come in under $600. As such, I've decided to just go ahead and pledge that amount from the get go and just kick back and watch the expansions roll out; that way I don't have to keep increasing my pledge incrementally. 

Odds are for me it'll be a core pledge or soemewhat less, then wait, simply because my hobbying funds will be tied up with the BattleTech Clan Invasion Kickstarter, which will be the first one I'm going big in, even if a lot of the mechs atm are just silhouettes. 

I do know though that if it's just concept art, I'll be holding off on putting money towards it because of how things went last time - a number of things changed a good amount from concept to actual sculpt.  Will I outright avoid?  Hard to say, but I know they'll be lower priority than those the sculpts have already been posted for.  I suspect core and dragons are going to be some of the ones we go in for... ^_^

• Like 5

I'm most likely just going to pledge at the most basic level and add funds via the pledge manager. I know there are downsides to that, but it's the most fiscally responsible. We've had some unexpected expenses recently. 

On the plus side, I'm making steady progress painting Bones 4, so I don't feel bad about backing Bones 5.

• Like 4

I agree with concerns about renders vs final products. I'm still unsatisfied with the full 25% size reduction of Argent, and especially with the lack of communication around it. I'll be more cautious regarding future products that are only projections, even when they put in writing how big something might be.

• Like 6

On Bones 5 I'm only going in for $1. Until a physical copy and a guarantee that that's what I'm paying for are on offer I won't put more money down, I learned that lesson. The problem will be avoiding getting excited about things until that point.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Adrift said:

Are any of y'all already planning a larger starting pledge? 

This will be my 5th Bones KS and I've literally never come in under $600. As such, I've decided to just go ahead and pledge that amount from the get go and just kick back and watch the expansions roll out; that way I don't have to keep increasing my pledge incrementally. 

I always start with the standard $100.  I will up it once I see a bit more.  Typically give it a week before I dump the rest of my pledge in.  How much that will be really depends.  I spent a lot on bones 3.  Bones 4 didnt impress me enough.  If I like  what I see or I like the rumors I hear.  I also think they should just show everything so I can pledge right away....just sayin

• Like 4

14 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Larger versions of the previews for those wanting to see the details a bit more clearly :)

357847348_BonesVWizardBack.thumb.jpg.f722cdfbffbc8be476fe305819a3ac11.jpg513838887_BonesVWizardFront.thumb.jpg.89a44ac755b075461bc6bb1ff5c0bdb0.jpg200989293_BonesVArcherFront.jpg.a0078025f510584b4f0f523dae9ee787.jpg1388520062_BonesVArcherBack.jpg.e5ad8b0ea748759bf1bfdd3f50b3c814.jpg

that owl has very strong toes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

12 hours ago, Tasso said:

Hmmm... What theme would possibly involve Amazons and owl sculptures? Perhaps if we try hard enough, wisdom will come...

Jaguars, natives with blowguns, piranhas, macaws, ....

Ooh, and DIRE CAPYBARAS!!!! Woo HOO!! :bday:

Or I suppose it could be Greeks. Again. Because nobody has ever done them before.

:down:

:rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Ooh, and DIRE CAPYBARAS!!!! Woo HOO!! :bday:

Nobody expects the Spanish... Err... Diiiiire Guinea pigs!  Especially the pirate Guinea pigs. 

No, I haven't been rewatching South Park recently, why do you ask? 

• Haha 5