Sign in to follow this  
Darsc Zacal

Pre-Launch Bones 5 Excitement thread

I'm generally in for just the fantasy D&D type stuff. So it all depends on what the core set contains, the only bones I missed was 2 because the core had a lot of sci-fi, scenery and modern stuff, which doesn't interest me.

But generally it's the core and a couple of add-ons. Which I determine as they build if I like 75% of the big add-on set I generally go for them if not then i'll skip them and buy the individuals later on eBay.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Never underestimate the power of Things That Are Shiny.

We'll all go into this with a budget and plans and ideas of temperance and civility. Then we'll see something Shiny.

Then all that restraint goes out the window. 

No idea what you're talking about.  I was going to be civil, and gentle, and oh gawds the total will be like $700 USD for BattleTech....

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

If Reaper somehow acquires the rights to make Starfinder minis for B5, I'll definitely get those but for the most part I'm just in for Fantasy stuff.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, haldir said:

If Reaper somehow acquires the rights to make Starfinder minis for B5, I'll definitely get those but for the most part I'm just in for Fantasy stuff.

From what I understood, Reaper turned down the license.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

I’ll definitely be paying attention to what’s being done in Bones Black and what is done in original Bones.

And that’s a bit of a fear I have, that at the last minute because of production and/or cost issues Reaper will have to change the material any particular mini was planned to be made in.

Assuming I’ll still be under budget constraints I’ll be looking at getting the bigger minis and core set and/or expansions cause that’s where the biggest cost savings will be.

• Like 10

13 hours ago, paintybeard said:

Well, if what most people here are saying is typical, Bones 5 is only going to reach about half the total of Bones 4. :unsure:

I was less excited about Bones 4 than the earlier ones and yet somehow bought more. :rock: 

12 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

And,..and this may sound strange, but I think it comes to soon.

I'm still opening Bones IV stuff and sorting it, let alone painting it!

Yeah, I'm feeling this way too. Plus I grabbed a few things from other genres that I've wanted for a long time. I need winter to get here so I can buckle down on completing some things before I'm excited about buying more. The long drawn out pledge manager will probably bleed me like last time though. 

• Like 10

I use Reaper for various games.  Right now that means D&D, Reality's Edge: Cyberpunk Skirmish, Frostgrave and Ragnarok: Heavy Metal Combat in the Viking Age.  I am going to try to keep to those themes and not purchase any "cool" extras because over the last few bones KS, the extras have piled up very high.  My wife who never complains about my hobby has started to get annoyed herself.  Just too much to paint and unless I have a purpose such as a game, it gets on the TO DO list but never gets done.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Zink said:

I was less excited about Bones 4 than the earlier ones and yet somehow bought more. :rock: 

Yeah, I'm feeling this way too. Plus I grabbed a few things from other genres that I've wanted for a long time. I need winter to get here so I can buckle down on completing some things before I'm excited about buying more. The long drawn out pledge manager will probably bleed me like last time though. 

That's the strength of the Bones KS!

If that one stays open for long enough I might add more funds than I had planned.

We'll see how this plays out.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 5

I am.open to what's there.  At this point I paint for the fun of it and I use them to give away to others so I never know what I'm going to want.  Inexpensive terrain is always nice OTOH little markers and doodads for hold any real interest to me

• Like 4

4 hours ago, dice4hire said:

I am only in for fantasy, or something that can be used for fantasy. 

I'm in the opposite situation. I have piles of fantasy minis that I don't use. 

• Like 3

On 8/17/2019 at 3:23 AM, paintybeard said:

Well, if what most people here are saying is typical, Bones 5 is only going to reach about half the total of Bones 4. :unsure:

I recall reaperbryan saying once that the majority of backers just got the core set and that that had been true for the first three projects. I wouldn’t worry. We're a very small sampling, and not at all typical. And there’s always dire predictions of lower pledge dollars, and yet, all 4 of them have done fantastically well.

• Like 9