Sign in to follow this  
Darsc Zacal

Pre-Launch Bones 5 Excitement thread

6 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

They're very nice looking dragons, that's for sure. If they top out around "huge" sized (fitting in a 3" base), then I might get a few.

I think they might be bigger.  Like 4" or 5"  There is a couple pics of one of them next to some medium sized minis and they are pretty large.

IMG_20190829_110939.thumb.jpg.4f31ce779e587e81c239545c603f4f5c.jpg.788dff64d6fa7c14fec10488b23577b3.jpg
You can see that big "blue dragon" in the back 

IMG_20190829_110947.thumb.jpg.68b0e93fd49a74d569bff81db0bc97f3.jpg.aa2d1e4a0c54fb600b0d14fb2c4254ac.jpg

Then there is the "red dragon"  and next to that horse rider he is gotta be atleast a 4" base.

Edited by Bane Of Humanity
  • Like 7

6 minutes ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

I think they might be bigger.  Like 4" or 5"  There is a couple pics of one of them next to some medium sized minis and they are pretty large.

If that's the case, I'll probably be able to resist. I rarely need more than 1 gargantuan dragon on the board at once, and I made a point of getting all the chromatics a year or so ago with Reaper's existing stock and one substitution from another company...

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, haldir said:

wzk73774_1.jpg

It's missing the islands but eh, oh well.

I heard you can apply selective heat & shape the wings on Wyrmgear but eh, I haven't tried as I'd rather not mess up the fig. Speaking of case incentives, I asked if my FLGS owner was going to order a case of the new Pathfinder release as I want the goblin village (sucker for anything Pathfinder goblin), he wasn't sure but that is one case-incentive I'm willing to pay whatever it come out as.

yea those sand dune were a waste of plastic.  I didnt realize it came with the boat though.  Thats makes it even better.  
Ah yes the next pathfinder set.  They are doing Huges finally.  They are going to have a Huge Aboleth in the set.  Im waiting for that one..

2 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

If that's the case, I'll probably be able to resist. I rarely need more than 1 gargantuan dragon on the board at once, and I made a point of getting all the chromatics a year or so ago with Reaper's existing stock and one substitution from another company...

I have been a bit unhappy with my dragons from reaper.  Cinder for example will not keep his shape after I boil him and cool him off.  Eventually he warps back and wont stand up.  

The storm lizard.  (I forgot his name)  Same basic problem.   His face bends down to kiss the base.  

Trukzul or whatever is the only one that Ive gotten to stay.  

I have not assembled Maal yet.

Another thing about those new dragons...

ROUND BASES!  Thank you JEBUS!

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, haldir said:

gotta admit I kinda like the Wizkids Clk dragon over Reaper's. If Reaper didn't have the stiff wings......

The wings seem to be the first thing everyone mods... 

• Like 4

Like allot of people on here, I have lots of dragons. I'll probably look at the ones in this kickstarter & choose which ones I like the most. Out of the sizes I hope they have 2 inch (large) as that is the 5e size I'm missing the most of. I think my favorite is the not-black dragon. Just something about those curving horns.

Thou, after my player's reactions when I placed the Wizkids gargantuan green err Blue dragon down on the table night, Size does matter!!!::D:

• Like 4

Just now, WhiteWulfe said:

The wings seem to be the first thing everyone mods... 

It's a strong model, just those wings being stiff & straight kinda ruin the model + being the biggest visual on that model. ReaperBryan modded one by cutting out the plastic & putting actual canvas. I'm not sure how his turned out but that is idea I'd like to explore as I was gonna paint mine a canvas color.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, haldir said:

It's a strong model, just those wings being stiff & straight kinda ruin the model + being the biggest visual on that model. ReaperBryan modded one by cutting out the plastic & putting actual canvas. I'm not sure how his turned out but that is idea I'd like to explore as I was gonna paint mine a canvas color.

Wyrmgear was the first really big dragon I ever painted. It was not long after I was getting back into miniature painting. I'm pretty satisfied with it. All I did was angle them a little bit so they weren't straight upright, and it looks fine as far as I'm concerned. YMMV.

• Like 3

<<<MOD>>>

A reminder that this thread is for discussions of the upcoming minis for Bones 5.

Posts about Wizkids unpainted line of minis have been moved to that existing thread.

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/67720-unpainted-minis-from-wizkids/&page=106

Please keep this thread on topic.

• Like 7

I'm surprised everyone's missing out on the most important bit of that photo with the undead Viking archer.

Cavalry! Cavalry in interesting poses! Undead cavalry! Ringwraith cavalry! Bones have hit the ability to make horses that look dynamic and interesting. I wants them.

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

I'm surprised everyone's missing out on the most important bit of that photo with the undead Viking archer.

Cavalry! Cavalry in interesting poses! Undead cavalry! Ringwraith cavalry! Bones have hit the ability to make horses that look dynamic and interesting. I wants them.

What was that...I was distracted by something else...

IMG_20190829_110922.thumb.jpg.683ea3b33a21c8afa0c150542e9e716a.jpg.249a116f67febbb205a942a100aa1d1f.jpg

• Haha 13

With the Catwalk, Otterfolk, and Undead, all decked out like Pirates, I'm wondering if there is going to be some sort of Anthropomorphic Pirates of the Seven Seas Expansion...  With a big pirate ship as the final installment. ::):

And sadly, no signs of any Chronoscope stuff... 

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

Yes!! Definitely can't have enough Undead, Skellies and ZOMBIES! 

It would be really nice if there were two or three of the Oni - I need to add them to my Samurai Army - and maybe a Japanese-themed campaign for my game, too.

• Like 3

While I always appreciate more undead.  They should expand the undead collection of other races like Elves, Dwarves, Dragonborn and Tiefling.  

Hell...Undead catfolk even.

Zombie AND Skeleton respectfully.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

Calvary minis never have interested me that much. They are nice minis but eh, great for people that want/like them thou.

12 minutes ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

While I always appreciate more undead.  They should expand the undead collection of other races like Elves, Dwarves, Dragonborn and Tiefling.  

Hell...Undead catfolk even.

Zombie AND Skeleton respectfully.

UNDEAD SMALL PC RACES!!!

Enough said!

• Like 6