Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Darsc Zacal

Pre-Launch Bones 5 Excitement thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

 

But I do agree that we're still going through post-Bones IV excitement. The energy just isn't there.

 

I've had multiple projects deliver in the last month or two, I don't know which box to open first.  Something happening in Sept that doesn't deliver for years isn't even on my radar.  And yeah, feeling a little burned out on KS.  I might be able to muster some energy for some new sci-fi figures, but so far just seeing the same old fantasy stuff. 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

Any details or just the date?

So far just the planned start and end dates. Sept.5th - Oct.5th.

They did mention they expected the pledge manager to be opened for a similar amount of time as it was in Bones 4.

2 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Any word on what kind of models there will be for it all?

Only that it would be a mix with some in Bones and some in Bones Black.

 

They didn’t show any new previews nor did they post better pics of what they had shown us previously, like the war Mammoth and Cloud Giant etc.

1 minute ago, Inarah said:

 

I've had multiple projects deliver in the last month or two, I don't know which box to open first.  Something happening in Sept that doesn't deliver for years isn't even on my radar.  And yeah, feeling a little burned out on KS.  I might be able to muster some energy for some new sci-fi figures, but so far just seeing the same old fantasy stuff. 

 

Actually they did mention that while the bulk of the Kickstarter would be fantasy based, they were planning to add some new wrinkles. They didn’t elaborate as to what that may be. 

And of course since everything is still in the planning and discussion stages nothing is written in stone.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2019 at 5:45 PM, Chaoswolf said:

I knew it!

They're finally going to announce that if you combine all the boxes just right they create Voltron!

Either that, or you can use 'em to summon Mr. Bones. Either way is a win, IMO!

>runs off to gather boxes<

 

But you need 5 parts to make Voltron.

 

And 5 points to make a pentagram.

 

That leaves us one box shy. For now.

 

Also, the Vampire box is definitely the head.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we only need one such thread.

And mine was first. 

So "Nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah::P:

 

Threads merged.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

Where do I go to find out what's IN there?

 

1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

So far the only thing that's in existence is the logo. It can be seen here: https://youtu.be/tybFACSggMw

 

This would be a good place to post any of the teasers, however, if they show anything before the actual Kickstarter.

 

1 hour ago, mikem91 said:

Probably more as we get closer to kick off date.  I'd wager that cloud giantess and many of the bones black would be in there.  that's speculation though.

 

50 minutes ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

They mentioned that there are photos of some of the minis that were for a "secret project" had been floating around.  I know the Cloud Giantess is one such mini but where are the rest.  If people got pics or know where they would be that would be great.

See the first post of this thread for photos, mostly screen caps from video.

 

Reaper Ron and Ed mentioned that the previews they have been showing off for the secret project are for Bones V.

All are subject to change of course.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was hoping for this to start next spring.  Finances might be a little tight this fall between dental work, house repairs, and the CGL BattleTech Clan Invasion box set KS coming next month.

 

Ah well.   Time to start planning.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just after ReaperCon means they can hype it there, but doesn't it make it tougher on financials for a bunch of the attendees potentially?

  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

I was hoping for this to start next spring.  Finances might be a little tight this fall between dental work, house repairs, and the CGL BattleTech Clan Invasion box set KS coming next month.

 

Ah well.   Time to start planning.

 

... I may have to throw things at you. I /didn't need to know that/!

You're gonna be at Reapercon, right? *preps special fireballs*

 

I'm a little concerned about the timing myself; I was seriously expecting this to be announced as next year, not 'oh, hey, next Kickstarter!' ... I begin to think they enjoy running around like one-armed paper-hangers... ^^;

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

... I may have to throw things at you. I /didn't need to know that/!

You're gonna be at Reapercon, right? *preps special fireballs*

I'm not going to be at ReaperCon.  The money I had set aside for that got reallocated to dental bills and house repairs.

 

The only reason we went on vacation a couple weeks ago was because we had already bought the plane tickets.

 

33 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Just after ReaperCon means they can hype it there, but doesn't it make it tougher on financials for a bunch of the attendees potentially?

Maybe.  The pledge manager is going to be open for months after the KS ends.

 

What we might see is a lesser dollar amount during the KS campaign itself, meaning fewer stretch goals achieved.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darsc Zacal said:

See the first post of this thread for photos, mostly screen caps from video.

 

Reaper Ron and Ed mentioned that the previews they have been showing off for the secret project are for Bones V.

All are subject to change of course.

Oh Yea I missed almost all of those thanks

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

I was hoping for this to start next spring.  Finances might be a little tight this fall between dental work, house repairs, and the CGL BattleTech Clan Invasion box set KS coming next month.

 

Ah well.   Time to start planning.

Yeah, I'm glad that provided SOMETHING is put in during the Kickstarter, you're able to buy more while the pledge manager is open.  It's how I was able to get into the CAV:SO III Kickstarter, for example, thanks to some rather annoying bills that came up.

 

I'm hoping to be able to go for at least a core set initially in this one, but it all depends on how spare cash is looking at that time.  It also naturally depends on what's in said sets.  I know the smaller dragons are definitely interesting, but I'm also curious as to what kind of scifi stuff will come up...  I'm starting to like more and more from their scifi range.

 

And wait...  Bones and Bones Black?  Surprised to hear it won't all be Bones Black, given just how much nicer it is to work with (in some ways)...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

I was hoping for this to start next spring.  Finances might be a little tight this fall between dental work, house repairs, and the CGL BattleTech Clan Invasion box set KS coming next month.

 

Ah well.   Time to start planning.

 

The pledge manager would likely be open till then, just do a small pledge and add more

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, cycnet said:

 

The pledge manager would likely be open till then, just do a small pledge and add more

I think what some people are worried about is with that kind of timing (right after Reapercon, and at the start of the "last quarter of the year holiday crunch/rush" timeframe, and it being so close to Bones IV having fulfilled) is that there won't be as much money in the original Kickstarter campaign pot to unlock stretch goals. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I think what some people are worried about is with that kind of timing (right after Reapercon, and at the start of the "last quarter of the year holiday crunch/rush" timeframe, and it being so close to Bones IV having fulfilled) is that there won't be as much money in the original Kickstarter campaign pot to unlock stretch goals. 

Yeah, I'm not a fan of kickstarters happening in the last quarter. I'll end up making a minimal pledge and adding stuff to it slowly. It worked out great for reaper last time, they ended up with $600 of my money, up from $12 at the end of the ks. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 hours ago, Unruly said:

 

But you need 5 parts to make Voltron.

 

And 5 points to make a pentagram.

 

That leaves us one box shy. For now.

 

Also, the Vampire box is definitely the head.

Exactly.:devil:

 

I love Reaper, and I quite like Bones, but I'm thinking this one might be the one where I seriously cherry pick stuff. I've still got the majority of the other 4 bones KS projects still waiting for paint.

That said, everything that has been previewed so far would make the cut.:rolleyes:

  • Like 6
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...