Sign in to follow this  
Darsc Zacal

Pre-Launch Bones 5 Excitement thread

luckily dice guys dont interest me, so i don't have to go buying dice sets. The only thing i want is the pizza dragon, and i'm not buying a dozen dice sets to try and get it

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

I need to find some time to watch last night's sometime today.  Did they happen to say how big this guy was going to be?

says its about 5 inches tall.  so its about same as the Privateer dracodile.   they indicate its smaller than the dragons.

3 hours ago, Mckenna35 said:

Good luck with that!  :winkthumbs:

i dont have a choice. ive got the opportunity to get a very rare kit from a fairly high profile artist relatively speaking.  but need to generate a bunch of cash in a few weeks.  will have to use funds from bones 5.  sadly my wife has this idea that hobby stuff should be paid with hobby cash (ie. sell unwanted stuff to buy more stuff). BUT the money i had sold stuff to cover bones 5, she insists that 1.5 gallons of resin my bones dragon turtle base used, should be covered in that hobby fund  ($140 CDN), so there goes that. hehe (normally supplies she doesnt mind).

Sanjay

Edited by StarFyre
  • Like 4
  • Sad 4

16 hours ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

Looks like they re-did the fire dragon.  

One thing that has always bothered me about some of the mage minis that reaper makes is many of them duel wield a staff and sword.  Like Gandolf…..Please stop that...

I'm pretty sure that's the Amber Dragon ( SKU: 02457 )  in Bonesium.

https://www.reapermini.com/search/amber dragon/latest/02457

02457_G.jpg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

I really like the non-combatant pirates.  I especially like the bosun and the chef.  @Rainbow Sculptor, you really did a great job on these.

Is the bosun the guy in the bottom right corner?

4 hours ago, Rainbow Sculptor said:

Thank you!! It helps to start from great concept art lol

I had fun working on these and I'm so excited for Bones V!! 

In the show Ron called one of them “the pilot” (?) ...was he nautically confused?

20 hours ago, TGP said:

I like the guy with the Marlinspike.

Good guess ^ but wrong. I was nautically confused. The pirate in the bottom right corner is holding a boarding pike.

Pirates Vertical Display.jpg

Some words from Jules Verne:

[...the Frigate...] “had better still. It had Ned Land, the King of Harpooners.

Gifted with uncommon manual ability, Ned Land was a Canadian who had no equal in his dangerous trade. Dexterity, coolness, bravery, and cunning were virtues he possessed to a high degree, and it took a truly crafty baleen whale or an exceptionally astute sperm whale to elude the thrusts of his harpoon.

Ned Land was about forty years old. A man of great height—over six English feet—he was powerfully built, serious in manner, not very sociable, sometimes headstrong, and quite ill–tempered when crossed. His looks caught the attention, and above all the strength of his gaze, which gave a unique emphasis to his facial appearance.”

@Rainbow Sculptor were you channeling 20,000 leagues when you sculpted that bottom right guy?

Leveraging these sculpts/Alternate crew

If there was an alternate weapon option for the bosun: trading away the boarding pike for a harpoon — that would instantly create a Harpooner

The guy in the upper right could be turned into a Carpenter’s Mate very easily. Swap the mop for either a deck plank or a large wooden maul (or sledgehammer, but the head is wood) held at exactly the same shouldered pose. And, swap the bucket for an old-fashioned wooden tool box and done. 

• Like 11

oh not sure if mentioned; during the stream they did say there is something that floats on water.  While they joked, they have shown lots of stuff that floats on water, IMHO the sea creatures swim through the water. not float on it :P :P

Sanjay

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Sanael said:

Edit to add: with the exception of Sophie's gender (which is a pretty standard fantasy genre inversion of historicity, and I'm totally on board with it), this does look like actual historical armor until you get to the cuirass. So there was some homework done, here, which I do appreciate.

Well with Talin doing the artwork & being a history-buff, I'm sure that part was well thought out.

I for one like Sophie & I like this iteration of her character but I kinda miss the Sophie of old a little bit. Thou, right now I'd like to see Sage Sophie make it into the metal line up! She is about the only one that has "reversed" from Bones to metal.

GIVE ME METAL SOPHIES!!!!::D:

11 minutes ago, TGP said:

Pirates Vertical Display.jpg

The one with the pike reminds me of this guy from PirateotC:

pirates-of-the-caribbean-the-curse-of-th 49766.jpg

Issac C Singleton aka Bo'Sun from CotBP (1st one). Nice rendition!

• Like 13

are we sure it's Sophie though? with teh tail and the horns, things she's never been shown with, seems weird they'd change her so much

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, StarFyre said:

oh not sure if mentioned; during the stream they did say there is something that floats on water.  While they joked, they have shown lots of stuff that floats on water, IMHO the sea creatures swim through the water. not float on it :P :P

Sanjay

Floating Island (terrain piece)

I wish they would do a sea serpent. In segments. A tail piece. Two or three arching body segments. A head standing tall out of the water. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Sirithiliel said:

are we sure it's Sophie though? with teh tail and the horns, things she's never been shown with, seems weird they'd change her so much

Well she did have feathered wings for Western Sophie. I recall either  Izzy, Bryan or Ron say

"She's a succubus, she can appear anyway she wants."

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

They did say it could be a Tiefling. 

• Like 5

They also showed the first map last night...  

And Ron clarified that where the road forks means nothing.  The path follows the red locks... and the the types of symbols on the map at each lock point don't necessarily mean anything , but they might...

fullsizeoutput_53b7.jpeg

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, TGP said:

Floating Island (terrain piece)

I wish they would do a sea serpent. In segments. A tail piece. Two or three arching body segments. A head standing tall out of the water. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

oh yeah i so want a massive sea serpent.  also a kraken like that.

Sanjay

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

2 minutes ago, TGP said:

They did say it could be a Tiefling. 

I don't see horns on this sculpt. The samurai Kabuto helmet has a bunch of horn-like decoration, but I don't see horns attached to her head. The tail is still decidedly odd for a Sophie.

Ron did say it could be a tiefling. But he also said it could be Sophie. And at one point I heard him say it is Sophie, I thought. Parsing information from utter garbage on Reaper Live is hard. Nothing is real until it's delivered!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

They also showed the first map last night...  

And Ron clarified that where the road forks means nothing.  The path follows the red locks... and the the types of symbols on the map at each lock point don't necessarily mean anything , but they might...

fullsizeoutput_53b7.jpeg

Fanboi response

"We are getting windmills, caves & a church in this KS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :lol::upside:

actual Reaper fan

"Love the map. I like they decided to do a overland route this time around." :winkthumbs:

• Like 10