Sign in to follow this  
Darsc Zacal

Pre-Launch Bones 5 Excitement thread

1 hour ago, Sanael said:

Parsing information from utter garbage on Reaper Live is hard.

And sadly, this is exactly why I quit wasting time watching it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Corsair said:

I finally found a good time to watch it - I just put it on my TV at work on YouTube the next day, and let it run when I'm not on a call. I don't really watch it, I just listen.

It's like having Ron and Ed as co-workers hanging out at the water cooler outside my office door. 

Edited by kristof65
  • Like 14

15 minutes ago, Corsair said:

I mean, given the general absence of official presence on these forums (though hopefully that's changing), the cesspit that is Facebook, and the informational desert that is the Reaper website, I'm glad there's a consistently updated source of information available, but Reaper Live is not nearly what it could* be. 

* I'd like to say "should," but Reaper has always been very good at one thing above all others, which is knowing what they actually MUST do to move their business forward. It's possible that Reaper Live is exactly what they want it to be, even though it's not what I (many of us?) would like it to be.

2 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

I finally found a good time to watch it - I just put it on my TV at work on YouTube the next day, and let it run when I'm not on a call. I don't really watch it, I just listen.

It's like having Ron and Ed as co-workers hanging out at the water cooler outside my office door. 

Ok, this might be an option. I listen to several other Twitch streams as podcasts after the initial broadcast, why not this one?

Because I do love Ron and Ed. They'd be great coworkers!

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

I watch on YouTube the next day as well. It’s great to have on while I’m doing some other task, and I can look up to see stuff ( like Bones 5 previews) as needed. 

• Like 6

I usually watch it while making dinner and doing the dishes... so... less watching it, and more listening to it... But when they're doing previews? I'll definitely turn to look. 

I'm really excited to see the stag in the core set. I was honestly thinking about not going in on that... though the price increase doesn't bother me... I think it's gonna come down to what's in it. I might get more value from 2 expansions. But that stag... I'll definitely be getting several of them when they're available after. 

• Like 9

The stag makes me a little sad, because I just bought Wizkids' stag miniature a couple of weeks ago. I mean, I guess it doesn't hurt to have two, but it's hardly something that's come up a lot in the past...

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

The stag makes me a little sad, because I just bought Wizkids' stag miniature a couple of weeks ago. I mean, I guess it doesn't hurt to have two, but it's hardly something that's come up a lot in the past...

But if you had two you could make the smaller one a doe....

• Like 5

6 hours ago, TGP said:

They did say it could be a Tiefling. 

Not on my watch it could....no wings for tieflings...DOES NOT COUNT...

Edited by Bane Of Humanity
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

Not on my watch it could....no wings for tieflings...DOES NOT COUNT...

i always use the advanced tables for planar/half planar beings from 2e planescape books. so a tiefling or aasimar could have specific benefits based on their exact heritage. drawbacks, other benefits, etc.

a lot more interesting and can allow players to really make what they want.

Sanjay

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, StarFyre said:

i always use the advanced tables for planar/half planar beings from 2e planescape books. so a tiefling or aasimar could have specific benefits based on their exact heritage. drawbacks, other benefits, etc.

a lot more interesting and can allow players to really make what they want.

Sanjay

There has to be a line between succubus and tiefling and wings is where I draw it...
Otherwise we agree.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

There has to be a line between succubus and tiefling and wings is where I draw it...
Otherwise we agree.  

ahh, i currently DM a 3.XE/pathfinder epic game (3.XE with pathfinder mythic power, and with custom divine rules for dieties and demigods added in, so we have no idea what lines are :)

Sanjay

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If your using 5e rules, she could always be a Cambion (which btw are a tough out for a encounter, team her up with a minotaur brute wielding 2 battle-axes & it really becomes a great encounter :devil:).

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, StarFyre said:

ahh, i currently DM a 3.XE/pathfinder epic game (3.XE with pathfinder mythic power, and with custom divine rules for dieties and demigods added in, so we have no idea what lines are :)

Sanjay

Well Tieflings can technically be born with wings but they are small and useless.   For the purpose of miniatures counting as a succubus or a tiefling though.  Purely from a miniature standpoint no wings allowed.  

Though what would be great is if they created plugs for the back so you could have wings or no wings on all winged medium creatures.  Best of both worlds.

From a rules (5E) standpoint flight as a racial ability is a bit powerful at level 1-3.  Im aware of how limited it actually is especially in close quarters.  It can still be troublesome to balance early encounter around.  

• Like 2