Pre-Launch Bones 5 Excitement thread

4 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

yea, my older dragons have that problem. Stormwing, Cinder, etc. My Blightfang is good though, and Ebonwrath is okay. Out of the new dragons, my Dance of Death wants to fall over, and my T'Rauk's wings are bowed down almost to the ground

but the new dragons look to be a much, much stiffer material and i have hopes for them

Yep  My stormwing kisses his base.  My Cinder legs wont stay on the base (even after gluing)  I dont remember if I got Blightfang or not.  Narthax is the only one that fits perfectly.  
I did get T'raukzul or whatever.  That sucks for yours.  Mine didnt have that issue but...I might have trouble attaching it to a base his left foot doesnt want to stay flat.  
Maal Drakar is still in the box.  

• Like 2
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I’d been asking for Gauth since the first Bones kickstarter.

ReaperBryan used to say, wouldn’t you like something better.

I was lucky enough to finally break down and buy the metal version shortly before Reaper unexpectedly ceased production of their metal dragons.

Now I have the metal Gauth still in his case, and the Bones one still in its baggy until I decide which version I want to do first.

Practice on Bones then paint the Metal one.

Regarding the Samurai Sophie/Tiefling discussion : ONI come in many forms, to me she is an ONI.

I have been wanting and asking for an Asian Theme, oddly enough I like only a few of the ones shown so far.

One ONI is fantastic ( the one with the horns which was shown first) the other one is not my cup of tea.

The Dragon is nice but I have a few Asian Dragons already and now it seems this one won't be a big one, so to me it's a miss.

Samurai Giant? Why?

I like the Otter Pirates, wonderfuls sculpts, I just don't think I can use them.

The Stegosaurus warrior is wonderful, hope there are more dino types.

My biggest hope is for a pirate ship or galleon.

That may be the Holy Grail this time, providing masts and sails are done in Bones Black and not in the bendy white stuff.

I do hope that there will also be ship's cannons.

The Greek Theme looks great but it's not somehting I can use unfortunately.

Maybe if that Hydra comes separately.

The bridge looked nice at first until it was clear that it has different bricks on each side making it useless to me.

The Merfolk look pretty good and that fishman concept looks promising.

Catoblepass is unique, not sure if I can use it, but it's an original mini and well sculpted.

The Gatorsaurus thing is still a favorite and the hammerhead shark as well.

I would love more animals, and sharks dolphins etc would be great.

The Devil Ray is also a good one.

It will depend how these will be grouped.

I think there will be something for everyone again.

One can't like it all maybe, but there is sure enough to choose from.

Now all I need is a few undead conquistadores and some Inca warriors and we're all set.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
On 9/20/2019 at 2:42 PM, Chris Palmer said:

They also showed the first map last night...  

And Ron clarified that where the road forks means nothing.  The path follows the red locks... and the the types of symbols on the map at each lock point don't necessarily mean anything , but they might...

fullsizeoutput_53b7.jpeg

If it's following the locks, shouldn't it be a canal?

• Like 3
  • Haha 17
4 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

Reposting my own post for emphasis.

Well, if all this talk and hints about a Pirate Ship is just a joke then I will be really really annoyed to say the least.

If they don't want to make one, that's fine, just don't tease me then.

There are a lot of Pirates though, Human, Undead, Otter, Cats..

• Like 5

This Dragon appeals to me.

I don't need it, but this is the most awesome Dragon I have seen in years.

Also..those succubi girls, I really like them, I'm thinking of getting those and make them a devillish Harem for my Tomb Kings.

image.png.e04c94f616352b117e71eb9a29588391.png

• Like 14

I dont know about a ship.  After seeing the boat from the last kickstarter.  I dont know if I can trust them to make it generic OR as practical for the table as I want.  (I really think Dwarven Forge should give it a go)
The issue I see with a lot of Reaper's Terrain...its not entirely mini friendly.

Edited by Bane Of Humanity
  • Like 4
11 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I’d been asking for Gauth since the first Bones kickstarter.

ReaperBryan used to say, wouldn’t you like something better.

I was lucky enough to finally break down and buy the metal version shortly before Reaper unexpectedly ceased production of their metal dragons.

Now I have the metal Gauth still in his case, and the Bones one still in its baggy until I decide which version I want to do first.

If you are painting for display then the metal is better.

Painting for play or modifying, Bones baby, Bones!

• Like 5
13 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Well 2020 RCOn theme is pirate (again), so they may just be building off that. I recall the last time RCon was pirate (Long live the factory glory days!!!) there was a wave of piratey goodness.

• Like 5
21 hours ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

The stag makes me a little sad, because I just bought Wizkids' stag miniature a couple of weeks ago. I mean, I guess it doesn't hurt to have two, but it's hardly something that's come up a lot in the past...

Paint one white.

White harts are a whole lot different from regular stags. Something I did not know until an adventure in a faerie woods. One of the few times I have seen Jon be the cautious one in the party. He KNEW.

23 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Also..those succubi girls, I really like them, I'm thinking of getting those and make them a devillish Harem for my Tomb Kings.

He looks like a talker to me, maybe a green dragon? Of the evil dragons, they seem the ones to take the time to talk.

Intimidating, threatening, but TALKING.

SO, what are you doing in MY forest? No, don't bother trying to run, here, in MY woods, I will have no problem running you to ground.  Instead, yesss, let us BARGAIN.

Per the humanoid dragons, the ones with hands needed them to hold pens, it's why the Imperial Dragon had five fingers.

• Like 6
38 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Well, if all this talk and hints about a Pirate Ship is just a joke then I will be really really annoyed to say the least.

If they don't want to make one, that's fine, just don't tease me then.

I've stopped believing anything Ron and Ed say until I can see the final product. It's a big part of why I stopped watching Reaper Live. Reaper desperately needs a new public face.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8
48 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I want to paint that dragon in muddy browns and olive greens, with a pale belly and dark green stripes and spots 

• Like 7
1 minute ago, Fnordlover said:

I've stopped believing anything Ron and Ed say until I can see the final product. It's a big part of why I stopped watching Reaper Live. Reaper desperately needs a new public face.

image.png.f5e692599341a454ee85d58a97ade97a.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
29 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

Per the humanoid dragons, the ones with hands needed them to hold pens, it's why the Imperial Dragon had five fingers.

It isn't so much hands as it is giant hands with long fingers. The hands drawn on Asian dragons are fine to me,because they are not also attached to a human/primate style limb and shoulder girdle with a hand as big as their own head like Gauth has. I think it is quite doable to have functional hands on a dragon without making them human. Parrots have incredible manipulation with their talons for example

His arm and hand could easily be transplanted onto a troll or giant and look like it belongs

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 3