Jump to content

Pre-Launch Bones 5 Excitement thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Sirithiliel said:

 

yea, my older dragons have that problem. Stormwing, Cinder, etc. My Blightfang is good though, and Ebonwrath is okay. Out of the new dragons, my Dance of Death wants to fall over, and my T'Rauk's wings are bowed down almost to the ground

 

This dampens my enthusiasm for future dragons.  Stiffening with wire is not something I consider a fun job.

 

1 hour ago, Sirithiliel said:

but the new dragons look to be a much, much stiffer material and i have hopes for them

 

Are you basing that on the prototypes you saw at ReaperCon?  Weren't they 3D prints from resin or filament?  It was my understanding that they don't make new models out of Bones plastic until the molds are funded for it.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

THREAD SET TO LOCK WHEN PROJECT LAUNCHES: Oct 1 Noon CST     Updated August 8th, 2019 ***It’s been officially announced.  The Bones V Kickstarter will be delayed and is now ex

Tough crowd. Hmm. Maybe you guys need something fun and cute!   Here's Yuka and her baby polar bear companion, Tuktu! This is from one of our Kid Heroes Stretch Goals.   Sculpted b

Who wants a preview?   Hercules, by Bobby Jackson based on art by Talin. *Somebody* is going to kill that hydra. May as well be Hercules.  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Sirithiliel said:

I want to paint that dragon in muddy browns and olive greens, with a pale belly and dark green stripes and spots 

I can't wait to see that. Every one of your show off posts inspires and causes a whinge of doubt in my abilities.

 

I had players get angry at me once when they asked what color a dragon was and I described it very much in your color scheme. They didn't understand that all the stats they had memorized was out the window in a non-D&D world.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Argentee said:

I know it's early, but I made a supporter image for signature files for those who have/will be supporting all five kickstarters... 

Bones V.jpg

 

 

Thank you!  Will you be adding some sort of images to this? ( not sure what that grey rectangle represents...)

 

Also, once Bones 5 goes live, will you be doing Bones 5 specific signature images too? (Please!)  

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chris Palmer said:

 

 

Thank you!  Will you be adding some sort of images to this? ( not sure what that grey rectangle represents...)

 

Also, once Bones 5 goes live, will you be doing Bones 5 specific signature images too? (Please!)  

It's a credit card. The grey bit is a chip.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Serenity said:

 

This dampens my enthusiasm for future dragons.  Stiffening with wire is not something I consider a fun job.

 

 

Are you basing that on the prototypes you saw at ReaperCon?  Weren't they 3D prints from resin or filament?  It was my understanding that they don't make new models out of Bones plastic until the molds are funded for it.

Yeah the models at reaper appear to be sla/dlp printed models. No way to know if wings will sag until they do really.  Some people have issues with the roc and argent but not everyone

 

Sanjay

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Serenity said:

 

This dampens my enthusiasm for future dragons.  Stiffening with wire is not something I consider a fun job.

 

 

Are you basing that on the prototypes you saw at ReaperCon?  Weren't they 3D prints from resin or filament?  It was my understanding that they don't make new models out of Bones plastic until the molds are funded for it.

 

i'm basing it off of how far the wings hang out from the body, how thin or thick the connection joints are for limbs, and on the new Bones black plastic that has been holding up well so far

 

the dragons at REaper are made of resin, but they are very compact. They don't have huge wings that spread way out on each side like T'rauk, their bases help support them so they shouldn't have problems like Cinder or Stormwing

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

 

This Dragon appeals to me.

I don't need it, but this is the most awesome Dragon I have seen in years.

 

Also..those succubi girls, I really like them, I'm thinking of getting those and make them a devillish Harem for my Tomb Kings.

 

image.png.e04c94f616352b117e71eb9a29588391.png

 

Kinda want to do a diorama with this dragon on a large base...

 

... and a halfling in mid-flight, obviously having gotten a solid Thwack from that tail. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Serenity said:

 

This dampens my enthusiasm for future dragons.  Stiffening with wire is not something I consider a fun job.

 

 

Keep in mind this is highly, extremely variable - by way of comparison, this is my Dragon Shelf o Shame (missing a couple that haven't been assembled yet, like Gauth and Verocithrax - who, admittedly, are a couple of the more iffy designs) - 

IMG_0391.thumb.jpeg.9ab18e26adb7c2024c1089ac2691ef51.jpeg

(removed - three non-Reaper dragons, to give a better look at the Reaper designs). 

There's a couple - the green-winged one - that are a little off, but that's because the dragons on that shelf are, with a handful of exceptions (mostly the smaller ones), not completely glued together - most of that is friction-fitted, not even using poster sticky. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, izzylobo said:

 

Keep in mind this is highly, extremely variable - by way of comparison, this is my Dragon Shelf o Shame (missing a couple that haven't been assembled yet, like Gauth and Verocithrax - who, admittedly, are a couple of the more iffy designs) - 

IMG_0391.thumb.jpeg.9ab18e26adb7c2024c1089ac2691ef51.jpeg

(removed - three non-Reaper dragons, to give a better look at the Reaper designs). 

There's a couple - the green-winged one - that are a little off, but that's because the dragons on that shelf are, with a handful of exceptions (mostly the smaller ones), not completely glued together - most of that is friction-fitted, not even using poster sticky. 

 

that is similar to my T'rauk's wings, where the one that is supposed to be upraised is bowing down. It doesn't really affect his look, it still works, but it isn't like how he was supposed to look 

s-l640.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

 

 

Thank you!  Will you be adding some sort of images to this? ( not sure what that grey rectangle represents...)

 

Also, once Bones 5 goes live, will you be doing Bones 5 specific signature images too? (Please!)  

The grey rectangle is the chip on a US chipped credit card.

 

I and others will no doubt be doing  signatures once Bones 5 is live and we have images to play with. I've already updated my icon on kickstarter! :lol:

1594297503_Bones1-5icon.jpg.e65bc17622834b619e8c04d83db58c8c.jpg

 

And another sig file image that I'll add stuff to when I have art to play with:

Bones5.jpg.317d3c413d73842ee62d8d72025972e6.jpg:

 

 

 

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Argentee said:

I know it's early, but I made a supporter image for signature files for those who have/will be supporting all five kickstarters... 

Bones V.jpg

It's a shame I missed out on Bones I. ::(:

8 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

 

yea, my older dragons have that problem. Stormwing, Cinder, etc. My Blightfang is good though, and Ebonwrath is okay. Out of the new dragons, my Dance of Death wants to fall over, and my T'Rauk's wings are bowed down almost to the ground

 

but the new dragons look to be a much, much stiffer material and i have hopes for them

Blightfang, Ebonwrath, Kyra and Lavarath, Narthrax... I haven't had problems with any of them. I was going to say my T'Raukzul's wings were fine too, but...

 

2 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

 

that is similar to my T'rauk's wings, where the one that is supposed to be upraised is bowing down. It doesn't really affect his look, it still works, but it isn't like how he was supposed to look 

s-l640.jpg

I didn't know they were intended to stand straight up, as mine seemed more or less bent when I got him. The right wing is only bowed as far down as his face, though, and looks perfectly fine.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Argentee said:

The grey rectangle is the chip on a US chipped credit card.

 

I and others will no doubt be doing  signatures once Bones 5 is live and we have images to play with. I've already updated my icon on kickstarter! :lol:

1594297503_Bones1-5icon.jpg.e65bc17622834b619e8c04d83db58c8c.jpg

 

It hurts my eyes, it does!! It hurts my eyes!! ::P:

Edited by Maredudd
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...