Pre-Launch Bones 5 Excitement thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

THREAD SET TO LOCK WHEN PROJECT LAUNCHES: Oct 1 Noon CST     Updated August 8th, 2019 ***It’s been officially announced.  The Bones V Kickstarter will be delayed and is now ex

Tough crowd. Hmm. Maybe you guys need something fun and cute!   Here's Yuka and her baby polar bear companion, Tuktu! This is from one of our Kid Heroes Stretch Goals.   Sculpted b

Who wants a preview?   Hercules, by Bobby Jackson based on art by Talin. *Somebody* is going to kill that hydra. May as well be Hercules.  

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Bane Of Humanity said:
15 minutes ago, Inarah said:

That display case was only about 18 or 24" across.  I think he's on a 40mm base. 

Thats awful news.... 40mm  I HATE 40mm!

:wacko: 

Why? It falls nicely into the "not too big, not too small" category that I like my "BIG" minis for games.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

IMG_20190830_092715.jpg

44 minutes ago, Crowley said:

:wacko: 

Why? It falls nicely into the "not too big, not too small" category that I like my "BIG" minis for games.

The red looks larger

That pic of the red appears to have the bronze golem beside it. The bronze golem was said to be around 3 inches tall, so the red is 6-7 I guess to the top of head.

Sanjay

Edited by StarFyre
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, StarFyre said:

I hope the dragons, storm giant, etc are bones black but they said the larger stuff will most likely be regular bones :(

I'm actually glad to hear the big stuff is going back to being regular Bones. After the Baba Yaga hut issues and fragility problems on the larger pieces in the last Kickstarter, I was hoping it would go that way, and large items in Bones seem to keep their detail well.

On the other hand, I hope the character minis are all Bones Black. I've given up on using regular Bones character minis as anything other than speed paints for table top, and I like having the option to do something fancier if I like

• Like 5
44 minutes ago, Fire_Eyes said:

I'm actually glad to hear the big stuff is going back to being regular Bones. After the Baba Yaga hut issues and fragility problems on the larger pieces in the last Kickstarter, I was hoping it would go that way, and large items in Bones seem to keep their detail well.

On the other hand, I hope the character minis are all Bones Black. I've given up on using regular Bones character minis as anything other than speed paints for table top, and I like having the option to do something fancier if I like

The big creatures thus far dont have much fine detail. These dragons seem to have sharper and smaller scales, etc. Bones black would be better.

I must say I'm shocked at how ppl have issues with fragile minis. In the games I dm, several characters and most monsters are resin and we haven't had issues. Even with larger forgeworld monsters ...

Do people play during earthquakes?

Maybe people's bases aren't good enough for what they are using? We've had our table get a hard bump and the larger models don't tip

Sanjay

Edited by StarFyre
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
34 minutes ago, StarFyre said:

The big creatures thus far dont have much fine detail. These dragons seem to have sharper and smaller scales, etc. Bones black would be better.

I must say I'm shocked at how ppl have issues with fragile minis. In the games I dm, several characters and most monsters are resin and we haven't had issues. Even with larger forgeworld monsters ...

Do people play during earthquakes?

Maybe people's bases aren't good enough for what they are using? We've had our table get a hard bump and the larger models don't tip

Sanjay

I would say the first likely thing is chlldren.  They are not gentle.

• Like 6

when I first started playing RPGs using minis, I used my WH40k Eldar primarily. Most of the guardians and other multipart figures were in ruins within a year, with limbs broken, sometimes lost. In general, my players are much better now than they were in college, but it's one of the reasons I wound up with so much DDM back in the day...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

image.png.2b9b8385d6d26b760b4cb501279e6a46.png

I love that smug look!

And 40MM would be fine with me.

I don't need any huge ones anymore, I prefer reasonable sized ones.

When, exactly, did green dragons get the reputation of being the chatterboxes and smug bastards of evil dragonkind in D&D, anyway?

There was ONE in Draconomicon, but he was supposed to be an exception.

BUT there were already examples in established official D&D settings, and mention that green dragons (Lawful Evil) get along okay with wood elves (Chaotic Good). Or is that just them being more Smug than Evil?  The reds get Smaug, the greens get Smug?

44 minutes ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

I would say the first likely thing is chlldren.  They are not gentle.

Shout it out.

Even GOOD kids can do a lot of damage with grabby jam covered fingers. And yelling at the kid to GO WASH HER HANDS makes me feel like I am trying to be her mum.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4