Pre-Launch Bones 5 Excitement thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

Is that an Orc?  (seems to small for an Oni)

Oni do come in many shapes and sizes, and I believe the sculpt was previewed with other Oni at ReaperCon...but who knows.  I did ask if the smaller guys were meant to be Eastern Goblins or something else (the feet are throwing me off) but haven't gotten a response yet.

Also, digital sculpts may not represent proper scaling.

Edited by Lidless Eye
  • Like 6
1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

Define "weird added tentacles".

For that matter, when is a tentacle ever anything but weird ?? :rock:  

Octopi = tentacles = weird.

Squid = tentacles = weird. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5
11 minutes ago, Lidless Eye said:

From Wibitiki Kaiju Company's Facebook page, more Bones V previews:

Image may contain: shoes

Why does the one on the far left make me think of Popeye the Sailor as a goblin?

And thanks for posting this!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
7 minutes ago, Lidless Eye said:

Oni do come in many shapes and sizes, and I believe the sculpt was previewed with other Oni at ReaperCon...but who knows.  I did ask if the smaller guys were meant to be Eastern Goblins or something else (the feet are throwing me off) but haven't gotten a response yet.

Also, digital sculpts may not represent proper scaling.

Well assuming those are goblins.  He seems orc size.  It made me think they were doing Oriental themed everything...

• Like 3
Just now, Disciple of Sakura said:

There's a lot of different Oni getting made here. It's a shame I already got more than enough Oni from Rising Sun...

Same.  The Oni in Rising Sun are surprisingly Huge, though.  Most of these have looked more toward the Large end.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Why does the one on the far left make me think of Popeye the Sailor as a goblin?

And thanks for posting this!

Probably the silhouette of the hat and the gesture with the left arm.....but otherwise not so much. 

But that would make the one in the middle Bluto. You’d need to sculpt a raggedy beard on him to really sell it. 

Do Oni typically have beards?

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Crowley said:

OoooOOoooohhhhh.... Orc, or maybe smallish ogre? It'd probably scale well with the Black Orcs. 

Actually, now that you say it, it kind of reminds me of Delicious in Dungeon's first version of Orcs (they had a redesign for their second appearance)

Image result for delicious in dungeon orcs

• Like 2

Actually, the more I see, the happier I am. Quite a few of the things in the case at ReaperCon excited me (mounted wraiths - though I want 9 individual sculpts, the succubi, the various dragons and many others).

However, the more I see since then, the more that I don’t care for. I can pass on the Asian-themed stuff, most of the underwater stuff (and if I have to buy an entire expansion for 1-2 pieces, I’ll pass). The cat folk and even the otters. The otters are cool, but I’ve got no use for them.

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

same picture, but from Jason Wiebe's facebook page. I'm assumign he is the sculptor of them 

Yes, Wibitiki Kaiju Company is Jason Wiebe's company/project.  He's previewed a lot of renders for Bones projects through them (Stone Giants, etc)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4