Pre-Launch Bones 5 Excitement thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

20190901_132454.jpg

All the discussion about this guy, I have to make the observation, his stockier build and slightly smaller wings that some of the previous dragons really puts me in mind off the dragons from the Rain Wilds trilogy.  

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

From Wibitiki Kaiju Company's Facebook page, more Bones V previews:

Image may contain: shoes

I love this Oni!

I have absolutely no use for the Goblins though.

If all the Asian themed stuff is going to be in an expansion ( which seems reasonable) I might not pledge for it after all.

There are only one or two things I like from that so far.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
22 hours ago, StarFyre said:

The big creatures thus far dont have much fine detail. These dragons seem to have sharper and smaller scales, etc. Bones black would be better.

I must say I'm shocked at how ppl have issues with fragile minis. In the games I dm, several characters and most monsters are resin and we haven't had issues. Even with larger forgeworld monsters ...

Do people play during earthquakes?

Maybe people's bases aren't good enough for what they are using? We've had our table get a hard bump and the larger models don't tip

Sanjay

Other than children, I've seen two other major issues:
- Transport.  Even with good transport cases, things can happen if you have to transport your minis a lot. 
- it seems that even the most careful groups I've been a part of almost always have that ONE guy.  Sometimes he's a rotten careless idiot, and sometimes he's just a big lovable but quite clumsy oaf. 

• Like 8
6 hours ago, Crowley said:

Real dragon

4" base

IMG_20190923_072553__01.jpg

to be fair. this is subjective. i consider that a baby :) 

3 hours ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

Yeah... That's an interesting looking monster, but it's no aboleth...

maybe tentacle wasnt right word.  that reaper counts as aboleth..that was in metal and on the site for years. it has like a long horn/nose thing.  that would need to be removed.

i want something like this: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18017&d=1357707089

but that said, it should be fairly easily to sculpt that. i may just end up doing that  trying to get that one from eastern front has proven to be impossible.

Regards,

Sanjay

Edited by StarFyre
  • Like 4
1 minute ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

My problem with the Goroloth is that the Aboleth should be able to more or less fit onto a 3" base, since it's a "huge" creature, but the goroloth is waaaayyyy too big to do so.

Goroloth Drone then?

The smaller one.

image.png.39cd89375af7cc1b44d595aab1c0f981.png

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Goroloth Drone then?

The smaller one.

image.png.39cd89375af7cc1b44d595aab1c0f981.png

I'll admit, I didn't realize there was a smaller one. Is that only available in pewter?

Edit: yes, it is. if that was in Bonesium, I could maybe see using that one.

Edited by Disciple of Sakura
  • Like 3