Pre-Launch Bones 5 Excitement thread

Darsc Zacal

16 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

Could Reaper wait to launch this until October 2nd? I'm off on Wednesdays and Thursdays, so it'd be great if they could launch on one of my days off. That'd be great.

please do not listen to such nonsense.  waiting...BAH!

:)

*grin*

Sanjay

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, paintybeard said:

And my set will join the Confrontation Japanese Goblins I have. Fingers crossed the sizes are near enough not to look silly.

I don't know how big confrontation goblins are, but I'm hoping these are around the size of the Bobby Jackson goblins and not the Warlord Reven goblins Wiebe has done before. It will work for me either way, but I like the look of the smaller goblins for my goblin warband.

Kind of the reason I haven't used the other Bushido bakemono for Frostgrave is the rest don't quite look enough like the other goblins, although these guys might help them blend a bit more...

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

I work in a call center. I can do some posting during work, depending on call volume. No telling what it'll be like on the first, but I'll make do, one way or another...

i give props to you. im a consultant for a bank.  we make apps that our call centers use.  and they got it rough. not easy job. a lot more patience than i have, for sure.  and i've spent a 100 hours on a model.  

i cant even imagine what air traffic controllers and 911 operators have to deal with.

sanjay

Edited by StarFyre
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, StarFyre said:

i give props to you. im a consultant for a bank.  we make apps that our call centers use.  and they got it rough. not easy job. a lot more patience than i have, for sure.  and i've spent a 100 hours on a mode.  

i cant even imagine what air traffic controllers and 911 operators have to deal with.

sanjay

Thanks. It was easier at my old call center job, because I could paint miniatures at my desk during the work day. It's a lot easier to get through an angry customer's call when you're painting a miniature, that I can tell you. It's how I got through all of Bones 2 and most of Bones 3 back in the day. Going to take a loooooot longer to finish up Bones 4 and 5...

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

And note that "grok" is accepted by spelling checkers as well.

Grok is from the book.

Grock is from the tees that read I Grock Spock in the early seventies.

As a result, Grock is an accepted alternate spelling, but is not the preferred spelling.

Not sure if the Grock was to avoid any trademark or copyright for Grok, or just a very common misspelling. (Pretty sure that if it was to avoid trademark, then it was unnecessary - Heinlein didn't trademark it.)

The Auld Grump

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Grok is from the book.

Grock is from the tees that read I Grock Spock in the early seventies.

As a result, Grock is an accepted alternate spelling, but is not the preferred spelling.

Not sure if the Grock was to avoid any trademark or copyright for Grok, or just a very common misspelling. (Pretty sure that if it was to avoid trademark, then it was unnecessary - Heinlein didn't trademark it.)

The Auld Grump

I Grok this.

GEM

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Ah, no way... It's launching on a Tuesday.  That's going to be interesting for me too, as that's my scramble and do all the deliveries while spending three hours at one customer because they have sooooooooo many kitchens... 

I.... am going to be in the dentist's chair when it launches.  Bugger, I didn't even realize it.  No matter, I should be able to get into an early enough shipping wave as soon as I get home. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Wolff360 said:

Newbie here to the whole kickstarter thing. Is there a thread or any tips for a first time backer.

Maybe it would help if you could tell us what questions you have? Once you have an account with Kickstarter, the process of backing is pretty straightforward. You just head to the project page and decide how much you want to pledge.

Edit: And welcome!

Edited by Pineapple
  • Like 5