Pre-Launch Bones 5 Excitement thread

Darsc Zacal

1 minute ago, Pineapple said:

Maybe it would help if you could tell us what questions you have? Once you have an account with Kickstarter, the process of backing is pretty straightforward. You just head to the project page and decide how much you want to pledge.

Edit: And welcome!

How much is a "good" amount to start with? How long will I have to pick any "extra" or stretch goals?How long does the campaign go on for? Dont qant to miss out on anything because I fouled up on the campain. Things like that.

P.s. what's the ghoully bag I keep hearing about?

3 minutes ago, Corsair said:

@Wolff360 welcome to the place! You have found the right thread for both.

Ty @Corsair

• Like 6

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Wolff360 said:

How much is a "good" amount to start with? How long will I have to pick any "extra" or stretch goals?How long does the campaign go on for? Dont qant to miss out on anything because I fouled up on the campain. Things like that.

P.s. what's the ghoully bag I keep hearing about?

Welcome!

1) I’d say start with the initial $120 Core Set to lock in and reserve your spot

2) While you can add more to your initial pledge anytime during the Kickstarter, you will have around a year after the Kickstarter ends to add stuff. 

3) The Kickstarter itself runs until Nov 2nd. Reaper then keeps the pledge manager (where you add stuff) open for about another year. 

The Ghoulie bag is a special Halloween promotion that runs for the month of October (or until supplies run out) A bag with a couple figures,  and usually a paint bottle and some candy that is free with all regular orders over a certain amount. (I think they said $40) This years will have special translucent female wraith in it I believe. 

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Keep in mind we're pretty chipper about Kickstarter for Reaper stuff. They do encounter delays and have some hiccups, but they always deliver and the price/figure is always worth it. Not every group on Kickstarter is that good. Each one is a gamble - you give money up front, sometimes just a month, sometimes years, and hope that things work out such that you get a product in the end. Reaper has a solid track record, so we keep supporting them.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Chris Palmer said:

Welcome!

1) I’d say start with the initial $120 Core Set to lock in and reserve your spot

2) you will have around a year after the Kickstarter ends to add stuff. 

3) The Kickstarter itself runs until Nov 2nd. Reaper then keeps the pledge manager (where you addd stuff) open for about another year. 

The Ghoulie bag is a special Halloween promotion. A bag of figures and usually a paint bottle and some candy that is free with all regular orders over a certain amount. (I think they said $40) 

So on Nov. 2nd they charge the 120 and then pay for tha add ons as you select them. 

Again apologies if this is not the correct place for these questions.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Wolff360 said:

So on Nov. 2nd they charge the 120 and then pay for tha add ons as you select them. 

When the Kickstarter closes, you are charged for whatever you pledged. After that, while the pledge manager is open, you can add more and charge as you go, until it closes. Not all kickstarter projects use a pledge manager, but it is extremely useful for large ones like this.

I did almost all of my spending up front instead of in the pledge manager for Bones IV. I'll probably do more in the PM this time.... but we'll see how that goes.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Wolff360 said:

This is the exact correct place for these questions. ::):

Yes they charge at the end of the Kickstarter campaign.  But you don’t have to limit yourself to the $120. You can add more at anytime the Kickstarter is running. The more the Kickstarter makes, the more figures are unlocked and added to it!  So add as much money as you can during the actual Kickstarter. The $120 I mentioned was just a good starting place. 

You can then, after the official Kickstarter campaign is over, add more on a pay as you go basis in the pledge manager after the Kickstarter is over, but that doesn’t go towards unlocking new figures. 

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 7

Thank you all for the help. My main concern was the upfront costs. But as I can "pay as I go" helps calm the uncertainty of even joining the campaign. This just fortifies the views I had on this company and its clientele from going to my first ReaperCon this year. Very pleasant and helpful group of fine people. Thank you again. 

One more question. Can I order more then one core set as in my girlfriend is hooked on painting miniatures now as she is a longtime canvas artist and has found a new passion. And we dont share well when it comes to choosing who paints which miniature. Lol need doubles of everything.  

Edited by Wolff360
  • Like 9

6 minutes ago, Wolff360 said:

Thank you all for the help. My main concern was the upfront costs. But as I can "pay as I go" helps calm the uncertainty of even joining the campaign. This just fortifies the views I had on this company and its clientele from going to my first ReaperCon this year. Very pleasant and helpful group of fine people. Thank you again. 

In the past they’ve had a $1 pledge that allowed you to get your foot in the door and reserve your spot and the Kickstarter prices. Allowing you to add everything later in the Pledge Manager. No guarantee they’ll do that again, but if they do it allows a person to get in without a big financial commitment if money is tight at the moment. 

And yes, you can look far and wide on the internet before you find as friendly a bunch of helpful folks! 

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 6

11 minutes ago, Wolff360 said:

One more question. Can I order more then one core set as in my girlfriend is hooked on painting miniatures now as she is a longtime canvas artist and has found a new passion. And we dont share well when it comes to choosing who paints which miniature. Lol need doubles of everything.  

Yes you can. You get to allocate how your pledge money gets distributed into items once the PM opens up. If you want two core sets, pledge for $240 instead of $120. In Bones IV, towards the end, there was the option of getting certain subsets of the core alone though, in case you only want part of it for doubling up on.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Wolff360 said:

My main concern was the upfront costs. But as I can "pay as I go" helps calm the uncertainty of even joining the campaign.

In addition, it's possible to cancel your pledge at any point before the campaign ends, so you could join and then, if you were to find you didn't want to participate anymore, you could cancel it prior to the ending. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wolff360 said:

Newbie here to the whole kickstarter thing. Is there a thread or any tips for a first time backer.

1 hour ago, Wolff360 said:

How much is a "good" amount to start with?

$120 'base level' pledge is good to start with.

If you are in the US, the Kickstarter will eventually ship in waves. The earlier you get in the base level $120 pledge, the lower your wave number.  They try to ship all of wave 1, then all of wave 2, etc. How long a wave takes to ship varies depending on how complicated the orders in it are. 

One possible complication: If something goes wrong and they are short on a particular figure any orders with that figure will NOT be shipped once they run out until they get more in.  So if the Cargo container that is mostly Whosiwhatits gets hung up in customs, and they have everything else... they start shipping. And if they run out of Whosiwhatits in Wave 2, and you're in Wave 3 with a Whosiwhatits in your order... well, people in wave 6 WITHOUT a Whosiwhatits may get their orders first.

Which is why you see some of us fanatics panicking about not being able to pledge the hour it opens! Not because of anything SERIOUS just the feeling of OMG if I order something and shipping is shorted, I might have to wait an extra two weeks! OMGWTFBBQ Noooooooooooooo!

A bit silly to some, but to others of us this is serious drama in our lives (and we are grateful we're not dealing with worse drama!)

If you are ROW (rest of the World) then... shipping is handled differently, they refine it a little better each Kickstarter, and we'll have to wait and see what they say about it this time.

• Like 5