Pre-Launch Bones 5 Excitement thread

49 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

“On 9/22/2019 at 5:59 PM,  NebulousMissy said: 

So... getting back on topic, I do hope the dragons are ordinary Bones. And the character minis tend toward Bones Black. Each material has its strengths and I feel that would take advantage of those strengths most efficiently.”

I agree.

I disagree. I’d rather see the original material go away altogether. If the new big items are in the OG Bones, it may be easier for me to pass on them.

• Like 2
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Reaper Ron said:

Who wants a preview?

Hercules, by Bobby Jackson based on art by Talin.

*Somebody* is going to kill that hydra. May as well be Hercules.

That's a funny coincidence.  I was just re-arranging some minis today and had both my Hercules miniatures in hand (the older Reaper version and Wargames Foundry)

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Baphomet69 said:

I disagree. I’d rather see the original material go away altogether. If the new big items are in the OG Bones, it may be easier for me to pass on them.

This this. Anything with finer, sharp detail needs to be bones black. Period.

Sanjay

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Marc said:

Wait ... what??

Basically my own theory is that if Reaper brings production stateside and doesnt use China anymore.  As they are getting a new factory building.  That we might see the end of the Bones Kickstarters.  As it will be too much for them to produce.  So I speculate that either they will have small releases like they do with their metals or the Kickstaters will be drastically smaller in scale.  However, it is all speculation as no one here really knows what their production capacity will be like once their new factory will be up.  Its also looking at the current trade disputes and other political crap going on.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, StarFyre said:

This this. Anything with finer, sharp detail needs to be bones black. Period.

Sanjay

Agreed, no more obscured detail and less drooping wings.

Hercules, another fine mini, but I have no need for it.

It's getting easier to make my will save.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

rambling on about bones vs bones black.

The amount of droopy the dragons I have says they need to strengthen the legs and wings considerably.

My Gauth's wings are currently parallell to the ground while they should be standing straight up, and that is after I pinned his tail to the base in an effort to make him not cowtow completely. 

I would have looked at trying bones black material for the load-bearing parts if not all of the dragons.

But I do understand the logistical problems of  doing this. The thing is that as of now, many of the dragons and other large minis are quite simply substandard  because they droop over time.

Of course if they can manage to take the droopage into consideration when designing they can eliminate the problem that way. However, the amount of Bones 4 droopage says they have not been able to do that yet though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

The Hercules mini looks great...I just dont know if I would have a use for it.  

Nifty Statue. For the big square in the center of town. Or maybe in a temple. 

• Like 6