Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Been working on this guy for a while now and I'm going to call him done now since I have to ship him out. Old Halcyon vinyl kit of Judge Dredd. First one of these I've finished. Primered with Badger Stynylrez paints and all the flesh is Stynylrez. Green is all Reaper colors. Gold is Scale 75 shades and I'm not really a fan. Took about 4-5 coats to get smooth coverage. I really miss the old Polly S metallics! Nothing since has come close for coverage and grain. Base is Stynylrez grey, over sprayed with Polly S Concrete, cracks are all colored pencils. Gold for the base was Vallejo Metal Color Gold which airbrushed great (I'll have to try brushing it on at some point). Gold was washed with Liquitex Burnt Umber artists paints, which was also flicked on the base to create stains. Grunge and color variations on the base were created with various Secret Weapon pigments. I needed to push the highlights on the green up a bit, but my lighting here isn't doing me any favors either. WIP thread can be found here: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/85931-halcyon-18-scale-judge-dredd/
I've had this kit for quite a while now, to build for a friend who's a big Judge Dredd fan. Due to circumstances I can't go into, he asked me if I could this one, along with Judge Anderson and possibly Judge Death put together and painted for him. Second vinyl figure I've worked on, and I thought some of you might find it interesting. First picture shows the components cut out and cleaned up. The second is the major subassemblies.
One of the tricks with this kind of kit is to fill the lower portions with plaster to add rigidity, weight and strength to the piece. Without it, you run the risk of the vinyl buckling if it gets too hot after you've got the figure assembled. Yeah, DON'T leave these kits out in direct sunlight!
and here he is with all the primary assembly complete and ready for paint:
I started assembling Vermithrax with super glue and green stuff last night.. I'm still horrible with using green stuff for gap filling so I'm thinking of taking a page from one of the guys at therpf.com and using paintable silicone caulk for the bigger gaps.. After assembly I've got Cover 2x gray primer and espresso satin for the basecoat to try and go for the dark red/brown look of the original
Pics to follow later
Who's Online 52 Members, 0 Anonymous, 285 Guests (See full list)
- Doug Sundseth
- Knight of the Dinner Table
- Sophie was taken
- Generic Fighter
- Green Eyed Monster
- Cranky Dog
- Blue Prophet
- Olaf the Stout
- Lidless Eye