Sign in to follow this  
Vacaroja

Sleeping Minotaur

2 minutes ago, BEAULONEA said:

That looks fantastic! The contrast on the skin/fur is crazy. What kind of paint did you use?

Reaper and Vallejo paints.  For the skin, specifically - Burgundy Wine, Burnt Red (Vallejo), Rust Brown, Palamino Gold

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The way you did his skin/fur is awesome!

Love his white/grey muzzle, he has aged with dignity!

Gerelateerde afbeelding

love the skin/fur.  

but the color choice on the cloth doesn't really work It distracts my eye, although well painted. 

6 hours ago, Evilhalfling said:

love the skin/fur.  

but the color choice on the cloth doesn't really work It distracts my eye, although well painted. 

I wavered a little about the cloth.  But it's mostly on his back and not his front, so it doesn't really detract from the importance of his face and adds a little pop, so I let it be. And depending on the light, the tone of it actually changes, probably because of my color choices for layers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Vacaroja
      I LOVE MINOTAURS!

Beastmen, in general. Things like Dark Sword's Anthropomorphic Animals helps feed this love as well. But, especially after 10+ years of playing practically nothing but Tauren in World of Warcraft, I've grown very attached to minotaurs. When I saw a bunch of these beautiful bovine people created by Zealot Miniatures (and one in particular that reminded me of one of my WoW characters), I snatched up a bunch of them and I needed to paint at least one right now.

Originally, I wasn't going to do a WIP thread. But as much as my husband loves the end products of my hobby, he is far less enthusiastic than I am about the details of every step. And I'm having so much fun with the process, I feel the need to share.

First, I primed in gray. Then, this morning, I blocked all the areas with base coats.

Then in the afternoon, I started on the skin.  Since it's a smooth skinned mini, but I wanted a fur texture, I decided to try something I haven't done on a mini before, pointillism. These are the colors I'm using -

Started with bringing up the skin color with a layer of Burgundy Wine mixed with a touch of Burnt Red over about 90% of the skin. You can just see the difference of the back vs. the arm and leg.

After that, I started the pointillism, going up slowly in tone with successive blends of the other colors. Not quite just dots of color, but tiny little lines with the tip of a #1 brush. The lines generally start out in a certain direction, but then go a little more wild the lighter the color.

Went back and forth with all the colors to get the texture and shading I liked and this is the result.

So that's what I'll be doing for a little while.
    • By Maglok
      Quickly knocked this one out for my dungeons.

• By Maglok
      I wanted to paint a bigger terrain piece, so ... tada. I added skull piles at the torches, because they are simply too easy to break (which is what happened to the left) to not support properly.

• Who's Online   20 Members, 1 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)