Sign in to follow this  
Rigel

SPACEFUTURE: Nolzur's Xorns as Core Beasts

Thanks, all! I think, with the three eyes and rugged hides, they might be related to the Slishans in some distant way.
https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/84847-spacefuture-hydra-slishans-and-modified-roper

On 6/20/2019 at 8:26 AM, Iridil said:

Nice! The mouths(?) seem to glow!

I've been getting a lot of mileage out of AP Toxic Mist and DecoArt phosphorescent yellow paint lately. Glad you like the effect--I'll have to use it again on something. 

On 6/20/2019 at 3:14 AM, Glitterwolf said:

They Rock!

I see what you did there...^_^

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kangaroorex
      my second dragon for the month.  I didn't put a huge amount of work into this one.  one of my goals was to see how well the contrast paints would work to bring out the basic shading and normal tone for the dragon hide rather than having to hand paint all the scaling.  It didn't work too badly.  I did wind up having to do some significant highlighting and I had to do some additional shading work on the underbelly but overall the effect was pretty good for the time spent.  I probably should have done more with the wings but I just didn't have any inspiration for them.  the sections were pretty small and very flat.  I might go back and do something but for now just blue is where this young guy is.

I did find the base to be pretty cool.  Hope you like him

• By Kangaroorex
      For some reason this month i decided to concentrate on one eyed floating monsters.  Next in line was the Wizkids beholder.  Somewhat hard to find at one time.  I got one and then lost the urge to paint it.  Finally got around to it and discovered that mine apparently never got past mardi-gras and crowned himself in blues and yellows.  fun paint job but it got a little weird having all those eyes staring at me while painting...

• By Rigel
      I don't know precisely how the deal went down, but Bombshell's Neirans from their Counterblast line are pretty much Reaper Andromedans with a bit more height and bulk. (They also have some cycloptic Illyrians much like Sparg and one of the Alien Exotic Dancers.) This is one such, along with various colleagues we have seen before: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/91106-spacefuture-empress-messalina-iv-of-the-andromedans-and-vizier-as-zeta-reticulans/

Her Athame-Glaive demonstrates her ritual authority as General and Commander of the Empress's Fleet. (Before all this pandemic unpleasantness hit my home state, I visited New Mexico for a family vacation, and you BET I picked up some tabletop-scale flying saucers in Roswell.)

With a member of the Technician Caste: 

Making demands of the Chief Scientician: 
      "We need more SPEED, laboratory beetle! 3.2 c is simply not enough to take those witless Earthlings down before they can activate a counteroffensive!"
      "Feh! Cartilage-brained savage, there is only so far you can bend space before it starts bending back! Our wotta-metal hulls can withstand only so much hypergeometric translocation before giving way!"
      "THEN MAKE THEM STRONGER!"

Giving the Grand Vizier a piece of her mind (she's not the best at subtle intrigue, preferring to cut right to the point, or the throat, either way)

"So, scheming remipede, my underlings tell me that the platinum requisitioned for their catalytic cannon has been rerouted to the Citadel of Nobles."
      "A most unfortunate happenstance, War-Leader. Bureaucracy will err; I shall have the Commissariat ritually castigated."

"It was specifically rerouted to a guild of pleasure-barge manufacturers."
      "The less civic-minded among the nobility are known for their excess. Would that there were some way to curb their indulgences; I, your humble servant and that of Empire, have tried time and again to..."
      "The guild is under contract to build YOU a Sybaric Yacht!!"

"One must have some way to relax after the rigors of serving both Her Incomparable Majesty and the people, War-Leader; a very reasonable perquisite. It would be invidious to suggest otherwise. Now, to the point of this interlocution, if there is one?"
      "You always choose your words so carefully, Vizier. I'm so glad you chose 'point' right now."

• By Rigel
      Just what it says on the tin. A princess from Cold War Miniatures...a SPACE princess! She looks like she'd fit in with my legions of Zarek, blue-skinned retro conquerors featured elsewhere in the Spacefuture tag. (Mostly Hydra Imperials, but some Reaper Numenera priests as well.)

Here she is on a walk in the Imperial Gardens with her mother (played by Hydra's Empress Xenovia). Not sure the Empress approves of her daughter's choice of stepping-out wear--unlike the populace at large. Alas that looking at a member of the Imperial Houses without permission is punishable by a minimum sentence of execution, going up to some truly unpleasant punishments. It is estimated that Princess Khoshta is the third leading cause of death in the Citadel of Marduk.

• By Rigel
      Frog-folk are always irresistible, and tiny poison-arrow frog-folk even more so. These are from a Nolzur's 3-pack. One had some kind of horns on its head I didn't fancy, so I trimmed those off. Look at these big-headed little savages!  

More angles: 

But I know you're all here for the Grenadier! Afraid I had to get this Marsh Dragon from Mirliton, but I couldn't resist. It's so salamander-like, with goggling newt eyes and axolotl gills, and that lovely rounded snout. We're really jaded by fancy dragons after years of fantasy art. Even a low-level drake like this would be pant-fillingly TERRIFYING in real life. Look at that dynamic curve of its body, the lashing tail! The armored prehistoric arrogance of a crocodilian, but faster and more agile; something with the metabolism of a tiger and the yawning bite of a leopard seal, with a bone-breaking tail-swipe. This is a great 'cryptid' dragon, suitable for Call of Cthulhu or a low-fantasy gritty medieval / renaissance game. 

You know any treasure hoard is buried deep in soft, acidic mud, too. They don't stockpile precious metals in particular, but anything else gets corroded away in that caustic sump.

Like the Grungs, I gave it vivid aposematic coloration, partly like the salamanders it resembles, and partly because many of the dragons chronicled in Continental European legend were feared less for their size than for their virulent poison. 

I don't know what the excrescence on its back is meant to be; certainly not wings. Maybe a bony outgrowth, maybe a Suriname Toad style brood pouch of puckered and toughened hide, maybe an organic saddle. Since there are so many styles and colorations of poison dart frogs, I might get another pack of Grung and modify one of them to ride on this thing. Their bandy legs and its peaked carapace look like a good fit.

EDIT: More froggies! 

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)