Sign in to follow this  
Rigel

SPACEFUTURE: Nolzur's Xorns as Core Beasts

Just a simple pair of horrible spacebeasts frolicking in their native hellworld! 

I'll have to gloss up the molten bits of the base at some point. Any tips on lava bases I should be aware of?
DSCN6669.thumb.JPG.f7323def3ad3aad3e5a885c2ff811627.JPGDSCN6670.thumb.JPG.b37810847fe1b119754a934c882f240c.JPGDSCN6671.thumb.JPG.b070e8b99a29dabf8e6d4b1d4a02cccc.JPG

In retrospect, I think the glowing mouths were inspired by the "gorilla-wolf motherbroccolers" from Attack the Block.

I do not know if the designers intended this, but the pair of them are in a perfect pose for Magma Wrasslin.'

DSCN6672.thumb.JPG.9efae0d271f5267aad80fd382f22ffe6.JPG

• Like 22

Thanks, all! I think, with the three eyes and rugged hides, they might be related to the Slishans in some distant way.
https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/84847-spacefuture-hydra-slishans-and-modified-roper

On 6/20/2019 at 8:26 AM, Iridil said:

Nice! The mouths(?) seem to glow!

I've been getting a lot of mileage out of AP Toxic Mist and DecoArt phosphorescent yellow paint lately. Glad you like the effect--I'll have to use it again on something. 

On 6/20/2019 at 3:14 AM, Glitterwolf said:

They Rock!

I see what you did there...^_^

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By PurpleLlama
      I haven’t posted in a while.  Been mostly painting terrain for the past 8 months or so.  Finally getting back to some minis.

So I picked up the Wizkids frost giant last fall to paint up as Harashnag for my Storm Kings Thunder campaign.  He had been sitting around for a while and I finally got a chance to get him painted.  

The right arm actually wasn’t glued in very well so I was able to paint with it out of the way for the most part.  As usual with these Wizkids pre-primes, I didn’t clean up any mold lines though I probably should have this time around.  C&C welcome!

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

Painted for a friend...

Kev!
    • By Rigel
      From the depths of SPACE, they came!

A menace unlike any the Solar System had yet seen! Their weapons--inexorable! Their strange mental powers--UNCANNY! 

Bombshell's Counterblast line has a faction called the Edofleini. Can't prove anything, but I feel strongly that the designer had read David Wiesner's "June 29, 1999" at a formative age. The Edo are giant-brained cephalopods with zap guns and psionic powers, and if that doesn't tickle your fancy, perhaps a Space Squid has used an Emotive Transductor to suck all the JOY and WONDER from your heart? (They can do that, you know!)

I couldn't resist, anyway. Tried to give them a color scheme inspired by this coconut octopus. 

Here's the four-eyed leader of the bunch, in its magnificent robe of office.

The gold-armored subordinate with Neural Halberd:

A vicious enforcer, tentacles flailing:

A four-eyed underling:

And a runtish Spawnling:

And here's a group shot!

Keep watching the skies! Guard your brains! ARE YOUR THOUGHTS YOUR OWN, CITIZEN?

Ever so many more pictures below if you click:

• By Rigel
      At last, a return to the retro-future that never will have been! 01434 is a three-pack of mouslings with four head options included. A plucky, adventurous crew of spacefaring rodents. It is unclear if they are an uplifted species, or naturally evolved descendants of the lab mice shot into space back in the heady fossil-fuel days before the Last World War. After all, who KNOWS what kinds of effects Deep Space has on the murine body and mind? (See PKD's  "The Infinites" and James White's "The Conspirators"; no doubt there are others). But they're here, and they have blasters and space suits, and what more could you want? Are you made of stone?! 

Introducing the quick-witted Buck Roquefort!

The intrepid Flash Gorgonzola!!

The dauntless Honor Chevington!!!

And the *overwhelmingly* well-armed James Camembertius Kirk!!!!
      80085 is a BIG Bones mecha-mousling with missiles to spare. He is ready to rain down hellfire and bring on FROMAGEDDON. (or perhaps, LEERDAMMERUNG? Golly I love cheese puns.)

Here's the three from 01434:

And the whole crew (note, 01434 comes with mix-and-match heads--three bodies, two helmets and two unhelmeted heads): 

A bit of surgery later and I put the leftover smaller helmet on 80085, the Space Mousling Heavy. I believe @Corsair was asking on another thread about small mousling heads for a Starfinder Ysoki; this is one possibility, being noticeably smaller than its counterparts and also space-ready!

I recently impulse-bought some pale neon yellow paint, and used it for the bases and minor OSL. The asteroid is a stress ball I touched up with some Reaper Alien Goo and that same phosphorescent paint. 

A bunch more pictures if you want them; C&C welcome either way. Onward and starward, cadets! 

• By Rigel
      It seems that scale creep is a very real thing! This is Nolzur's delightfully brutish and verdant Shambling Mound. For a Large creature it is very large indeed, easily the size of a tabletop-scale elephant or bigger, and extending way off a 2x2 base with its outstretched limb.

I put some straight-pin mushrooms on it, as I do. 

Here's a group shot with Reaper's beautiful Swamp Shambler and a WotC grab-bag Dryad and Needle Blight, for scale comparison. 
  • Who's Online   36 Members, 2 Anonymous, 125 Guests (See full list)