Sign in to follow this  
Rigel

Weird West: A Prickly Pair (original sculpts)

Love the cacti folk! If you ever run something in New Crobuzon, do share. If I thought I could do it, I'd run something in Armada myself!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Cool creations!

Original and well executed!

Thanks! Glad you like them--it was a learning experience. 

8 hours ago, Dr Boom said:

Cactacae! You've gotta love a Mieville reference.

Nailed it! Ya know, there are enough Wyrd Victorian sculpts and body-horror monster minis out there to run a pretty solid intrigue-and-monsters campaign. Ooo, you'd need both a Sanity tracker AND a Bodily Integrity tracker (mutations are just insanities for your flesh after all).

6 hours ago, Iridil said:

Love the cacti folk! If you ever run something in New Crobuzon, do share. If I thought I could do it, I'd run something in Armada myself!

I'd love to see that, and I believe you can! Lord knows Reaper has Weird Pirates aplenty...and it's not like any monster, race, class, occupation, or building is too crazy to fit the setting. Just keep it grim, unjust, creepy, and factionalized; introduce something that a bunch of factions feel VERY strongly about in different ways, and let the PCs at it! 

It JUST now struck me that, with its themes of self-destructive obsession and nautical monster-hunting, you could describe "The Scar" as "Mieville meets Melville."

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      A return to the Weird West setting! These ladies are wonderful townsfolk, or suitable for magic-users or fancy rogues. The young lady in orange is from Eureka (one of their Hyde Park Hypostyle figures if memory serves), while the ones in yellow and pink are from Reaper's Victorians (80068. The Victorian gentleman is still in progress, on the back burner). 

More angles, but the sun was not quite right

And a guest! 80065, the Physician. 

• By knarthex
      So at Reapercon 2018, I scored the Duskwarden poster of Thregan Helmsplitter for my work at the auction, and of course, being the Duskwarden*, I have a couple of the minis as well.

So I was thinking of using him as my next PC, but as I have hair, I wanted my mini to also...
      While working on another project with GS, as usual, I made to much, and decided to bite the bullet and do his hair...
      What do you think?

Comments appreciated!

George

Doesn't Jacob Knochengard look like me???
    • By Rigel
      My Weird West campaign included the town of Lovelace, a steampunk bastion of order run by a Babbage engine of limited omniscience. Several of the citizens were clockwork-and-punchtape automata. 

Meet Citizen Rustbuckets, one of the oldest inhabitants! I love Stonehaven sculpts almost as much as I hate paying for them. Look at that benign goggle-eyed face and its genial steam-shovel underbite! He's here next to HLPr-bot, featured previously.  

And here's Marshall Crusher, the very long steam-powered arm of the law. I tried to make it look like he's got a boiler in there.

Here's a sampling of the human and automaton population (in two shots because focus is hard).

• By Rigel
      It was getting along for sundown when the turtle moseyed into town.

(click for turnaround)

Now, round these parts, we don't ask questions about a man's past. But every man's got a past, and sometimes the past got a long shadow. 

(Special guest appearances by Bombshell's Raferu-san and some modified Troglodytes.) 

I will glue a grommet top hat to anything, anything. 
      Something about the poncho made me think of old Spaghetti westerns, and things snowballed from there. 
      Hope you enjoy!
    • By BLZeebub
      Couple reaper samurai I used for a commissioned diorama.  Rock is pine bark, tree is a wire armiture covered with plumber's epoxy putty and paper towel and super glue (for the skinnier parts), foliage is bleached, dyed, and preserved reindeer moss.

• Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)