CivilDungeoneer

Warm-up exercises before sculpting

ask for a corner space/seat! I'm sure that's doable.  I'm glad at least you have some answers.  Hang in there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 8:13 AM, TaleSpinner said:

The MRI sucked.  I really don't think I am that claustrophobic, but MRIs make me into a quivering lump.  It really isn't the tube and confined space so much, as the complete lack of control of my own destiny.  My shoulders barely fit in the tube for one thing (I'm pretty broad and have been putting on a lot of muscle this summer), but the thing that really gets me is having my head restrained in a cage and knowing that I cannot get my hands up there to free myself should I need to.  That makes me 100% dependent on the tech and I HATE it. Oh well, it's all over except the after nightmares.  I should get results from the doctor today or tomorrow.

I don't know what you have around you but you might, in the future, look for an open MRI.  They are much roomier and have openings so they are easier on people with claustrophobia.  I had to use one because with my spine issues, I don't fit very well in the normal style tube.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 8:18 AM, TaleSpinner said:

MRi results are back: arthritis in my neck.  Options are to try physical therapy and see if that can work and if not, surgery. :unsure:

You might also look into therapeutic massage.  My wife does geriatric and arthritis massages specifically to open up that spacing and she helps a lot with her arthritis clients.  Maybe you can find someone similar near you.  PT and massage sort of work with opposing concepts and one or both can be super effective.

Best of luck to you.  spinal surgery has always terrified me. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

You might also look into therapeutic massage.  My wife does geriatric and arthritis massages specifically to open up that spacing and she helps a lot with her arthritis clients.  Maybe you can find someone similar near you.  PT and massage sort of work with opposing concepts and one or both can be super effective.

My Physical Therapist agrees with you apparently.  She incorporates a 20 min therapeutic massage into each of my sessions.

• Like 5