Paradoxical Mouse

Reapercon 2019 Vignette

I'm not 100% set on the title, but I think it will be 

"Welcome to the Family"

15610838750163395195106645714271.thumb.jpg.97292deab4d4f2e8b3ea604549622d84.jpg1561083969623993787899632557697.thumb.jpg.1baf7ae1e30aa870a7fba11929f3c699.jpg15610839870285613152117728398770.thumb.jpg.9ea222cfbb8935a675c76602bab911b5.jpg

It is still in prep and prototyping phase, but I have an idea of the end. 

I'm not sure about the base size, spacing, or name. Thinking a bigger base might be appropriate to give a little better spacing...

Honestly, I was just looking for a good mini for my skill level, saw her, then saw a schnauzer as I was prepping...then realized I needed a third element for my brain picture...

Comments and opinions wanted!

• Like 21

Ooooh, D'Vandra is my favorite faction mini, but what about using Juliana the herbalist with the dogs? Sitting in a meadow, perhaps near a tree for verticality, with the dogs around her. Since she already has a hedgehog it would make a nice scene of an animal loving herbalist and her companions. D'Vandra has such a necromantic aura that it isn't immediately clear that the dogs aren't attacking her. I might be visualizing it wrong though. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, CorallineAlgae said:

Ooooh, D'Vandra is my favorite faction mini, but what about using Juliana the herbalist with the dogs? Sitting in a meadow, perhaps near a tree for verticality, with the dogs around her. Since she already has a hedgehog it would make a nice scene of an animal loving herbalist and her companions. D'Vandra has such a necromantic aura that it isn't immediately clear that the dogs aren't attacking her. I might be visualizing it wrong though. 

Most of her necromantic bits can be painted slightly different. I wanted to use a mini that would highlight my strengths.

• Like 5

Cool idea!

Beware of making the base too big, in a vignette/diorama you don't want to much empty space.

This is just your first setup of course, I would not position the dogs exactly opposite to each other.

If you look at the last pic you can see they're almost in a line.

To give a better dynamic position one of them a little more in an angle towards the  girl.

I love to see how it turns out.

As it happens I'm working on an Undead version with a crypt, a female lich and two death hounds, different, yet a similar set up.

Good luck with the injurie!

Hope it won't be too bad.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Cyradis said:

You got the eyes soooo good!

Thanks. They took a few tries. But it was a lot easier when I stopped trying to do them in order...I'm much more of a throw something down and then fix it when your pupil covers your iris type of person. Not a shoot, now I gotta start over. I think I almost always end up relining the eyes after finishing them.

But believe it or not, her eyebrows, particularly the left, were the hardest part.

• Like 4