GURPS adventures ? worldbuilding

Colonel Kane

Hello,

This post is mainly for me to get my ideas out on an adventures/ building my world, that I want to write. Things maybe out out sorts, but sometimes that helps me get more organized. Any and all commits are welcome, but do not be offended if I do not use said suggestions. I am using the GURPS system, so I may drop an NPC or three with stats in here as well. 

Adventure Idea:

In the town where the adventures start out in is a adventures guild hall. Adventuring parties are formed there and then said parties assemble and will work a job that the group picks. If the party can not agree on an adventure then their 'sponsor' chooses for them. (change sponsor to supervisor or something) 

WT: A tale of lovers.

two of the contracts at the guild are to help find missing children. one is the son (17) of a wealthy merchant and the other is the daughter (15, just a few days? from 16, the legal age of marriage) of a poor farming family.  the idea is no matter which contract the party takes, they end up working both as the two kids are in love and have run off together as the merchants son has a arranged marriage that is close to being done. The party will track the missing child to the next village, maybe further? Maybe by the time they are found, the two are married?? 

• Like 2

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about: they track the young man to the next village where he has run off and married a girl there, leaving the party with the question of what happened to the poor village girl? (She was kidnapped by evil cultists, of course, and will be sacrificed tonight if they can't save her.)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Inarah said:

How about: they track the young man to the next village where he has run off and married a girl there, leaving the party with the question of what happened to the poor village girl? (She was kidnapped by evil cultists, of course, and will be sacrificed tonight if they can't save her.)

Well I can not be sure they would pick the merchants son contract over the poor farmers contract, I mean odds are in that favor, but not sure. I had thought about making it two merchant families that hate each other, (Romeo and Juliet style), but it might be a tip off as to what is going on. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Colonel Kane said:
37 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Well I can not be sure they would pick the merchants son contract over the poor farmers contract, I mean odds are in that favor, but not sure. I had thought about making it two merchant families that hate each other, (Romeo and Juliet style), but it might be a tip off as to what is going on. 

Decide who runs off and who gets kidnapped depending on which contract they take. (Magician's Force.)

• Like 2

So my GURPS plate just got more of a load on it. In discussing GURPS with my two youngest, I mentioned that I was trying to work up a Sci FI game. Then the youngest reinstalls Fallout 4 on the PS 4 and I mention I have a Fan Document for that, long story short, now I am prepping a Fantasy, Traveller, and a Fallout game...... Me and my big mouth.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3