Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Half-ogre fighter from Bones 4! Initially thought this model was going to be a gunmetal from top to bottom but it hides a surprising amount of variety with little patches of skin, leather, wood and...in my case at least, scales hidden throughout. SKU provided is for the metal version, doesn't look like this fellow is getting a release outside the Kickstarter?
Here's a fun and simple one for you this week!
Owlbears are one of my favorite D&D creatures. They're just such a silly concept and I love them. Any scenario were I could use a bear, I swap out for one of these guys instead. However, despite owning several different owlbear models, I have avoided painting them for a long time out of fear of ruining them. Finally decided to give one a shot.
Reaper Bones 4: Lowland Owlbear (77674)
More Photos Below
What kind of Owls should I use as inspiration next?
What mini did you put off painting for too long?
I received this little 3D print with some minis I bought near the beginning of me getting back into painting. I looked at it and thought it was soooo cool. Now that months have gone by and I've got more of an eye for things I like and don't like, it became immediately apparent that this thing had a number of flaws.
1. 3D print left that weird topographic build quality to it.
2. The paint has a weird time adhering to it because of the lines in the model
3. The size of it is WAY out of proportion for 28mm, unless those are actual full size trees and this is a campfire for giants.
Overall it's just not a very good model. Yet, it was something that was sitting there calling me out and needed to get painted. I'll find some use for it, but I honestly think it came out pretty decent. I used a Stormy Grey from MSP on the rocks w/ GW Agrax Earthshade. On the wood I used a chocolate brown and brown sand mix (leftover on the palette...just went for it) with a GW Sepia Wash. Then I used flat red inside the burning log, highlighted up with a lemon yellow and flat red mix, then highlighted again with lemon yellow. Then dotted with white. The log was a little on the light side after the first wash, so I took Nuln Oil to it and dulled it down, which worked and gave it that more dark colored effect. The whole thing looks like it's actually warm when I'm looking at it, so the effect worked! I'm pretty happy with it. Now I just gotta find an ogre or giant to put it with....
Who's Online 13 Members, 0 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)