Sign in to follow this  
Rigel

Xiang Lung (50170) and Pulp Figures Dragon Lady

Xiang Lung, 50170, is listed as a "Chinese Villain," but can anyone with a cuddly monkey be THAT villainous?

A master of terrible sorceries, most assuredly. 

DSCN6619.thumb.JPG.a1a70ebc2c8745c098b52327cec2e70b.JPGDSCN6616.thumb.JPG.88757ab3b4ebfa20f3392f0d582d8872.JPGDSCN6617.thumb.JPG.39444adec21425180d1b92ecc986227d.JPGDSCN6618.thumb.JPG.2fc891e6c6b245aaeffde4999eabe225.JPG

Bob Murch's Pulp Figures includes a set of Dangerous Dames, and this one is a Dragon Lady. Don't take my word for it; look at the embroidery on the jacket!
DSCN6620.thumb.JPG.d14a443da5aeeb73dc3375d76391cc92.JPGDSCN6621.thumb.JPG.d5f97d36d991c6572c06a3d6f14d19c3.JPGDSCN6622.thumb.JPG.e507af652fe140d85b3c3bdcaf8234f8.JPGDSCN6623.thumb.JPG.dab0a7070e66f8a036b8571c86a60068.JPG

They make a good Power Couple.
DSCN6625.thumb.JPG.d125e62fe4c0e6e8eb50e4ddadae192f.JPG

DSCN6626.thumb.JPG.9b30ee27cabc9102c9c2a12358f34476.JPG

• Like 20

Very good!

I have that character he will appear in my Nippon Project soon as a Chinese Ghosthunter.

I like what you did there, and the Dragon Lady looks dangerous!

• Thanks 1

On 6/23/2019 at 3:02 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Very good!

I have that character he will appear in my Nippon Project soon as a Chinese Ghosthunter.

I like what you did there, and the Dragon Lady looks dangerous!

Oh, I'm looking forward to that Ghosthunter! 

...and yes. From the minute she walked into my to-do list, I could see that dame was Trouble. Her patience with fools was shorter than her skirt, and barely hidden better than the stiletto that said she meant business.

• Haha 2

I love both of these - those pulp figures are too much fun!  Xiang Lung looks like the insidious Dr. Fu Manchu to me, the product of too much lurid pulp literature in the days of my youth..

• Thanks 1

On 6/26/2019 at 1:15 AM, Warlady said:

I love both of these - those pulp figures are too much fun!  Xiang Lung looks like the insidious Dr. Fu Manchu to me, the product of too much lurid pulp literature in the days of my youth..

TOO MUCH lurid pulp? No such thing, soldier! :lol: 
(It's certainly possible to overdose on pulp-era bigotry and bad prose, but two-fisted action and Weird Tales schemes an sich? I dunno!)

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this