Happy pride 2019 ^^ a mini hommage

NyarlaBcn

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Straight Pride" Parade? You'll get straight pride! My Axe straight through your face as I beam with pride at me hubby! Someone bring me another ale and slice o' rainbow caek for me hubby!

Our world really needs gay dwarves. Haters would be seriously hesitant of voicing their hate if their was a significant possibility that they could get an axe to the face if they did. And an arrow from the dwarfs elven hubby too.

GF

Also, this is more Morality than politics, I think. The only tangential link to politics is that certain political "leaders" think they can impose their moral beliefs on the rest of us and exclude those that don't fit their morals or lack there of.  But if the mods have problems with such things as, say, condemning hate groups for their abuse and violence against innocent and decent people, i will understand. I will not like it, but I will understand.

• Like 13

33 minutes ago, Generic Fighter said:

Our world really needs gay dwarves. Haters would be seriously hesitant of voicing their hate if their was a significant possibility that they could get an axe to the face if they did. And an arrow from the dwarfs elven hubby too.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

-  Robert E. Howard

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Generic Fighter said:

"Straight Pride" Parade? You'll get straight pride! My Axe straight through your face as I beam with pride at me hubby! Someone bring me another ale and slice o' rainbow caek for me hubby!

GF

Also, this is more Morality than politics, I think. The only tangential link to politics is that certain political "leaders" think they can impose their moral beliefs on the rest of us and exclude those that don't fit their morals or lack there of.  But if the mods have problems with such things as, say, condemning hate groups for their abuse and violence against innocent and decent people, i will understand. I will not like it, but I will understand.

+1 to almost everything you said ^^

• Like 7

On 6/29/2019 at 5:52 PM, Madog Barfog said:

I see I'm not the only one wowed by the base. Those blue/purple flowers are awesome. What the heck are they?

Thanks! 

Those are "Barbed bracken" from Games Workshop. I frecuently use them, painted as your palette require  are really versatile. Here I tried the Bi flag to add on the inclusivity ^^

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By R2ED
      Since i didn't have my paints with me while on break, i was hungry to get back to it.  I guess i wasn't as full of turkey and stuffing as i thought. 

As I'm posting this, i saw on his left leg that he's got an unpainted seal.  Dang it! 

I made the bands on the blade smaller. 
      Added more metal details. 
      Added more accent color. 
      Tested two new paint color (silver grey, red. And German Grey). Each did great. 

His backpack gave me some trouble.  I was gluing it on, but the post didn't push in and then it broke off.  Ended up doing some surgery back the but it's on. 

• By solomon_kane
      Or, as I like to call him, Smaul Hollywood. 

• By R2ED
      So, i don't know if this is okay or not, but i wanted to share them.  I had never painted any warhammer stuff.  Both because of the cost and the fear of getting caught up in that universe.  Well... it started. 

I bought my first set of intercessors back in January, but never touched them because i just didn't feel able to take them on.  There's some amazing painters who do these and i always felt inadequate.  Gotta start somewhere though.  I started watching a ton of videos on them and put some ideas together. 

Here's my first ever 5 painted.  I tried to test two paint schemes green and blue. I think they both came out great. 

having never got into these before, i now see the reason people like these so much.  Very fun but very time consuming.  

Would love your feedback. 
    • By R2ED
      Last day for October, but still got one in. 

Battle Report!

I realize this is not a halloween type mini, but the thought was there.  I was testing a few things here, but can't believe what came out.  I should have been taking photos as i went to articulate this point better, but I'll do my best to explain. 
      Mistake #1.  I thought i grabbed my bottle of black Stynlrez primer, but it turned out to be my black wash.  It ended up making a cool effect on the model with highlights being untouched.  Since this is a bones USA model, the material takes to paint and primers really well.  Mistake turned into a win, but note the paint didn't grab the wash as well.
      Mistake #2. Tried to do a contrast paint effect.  Didn't work.  The contrasted area turned into a great template for me to work with in laying my next colors down, so not all a loss.  The model looked muddy and i nearly just put it down. 
      Mistake #3.  I had to keep in mind, it never looks good at the layering point.  KEEP GOING. Putting more color down, adding depth, and touching up with highlights makes a big difference. 
      Now i felt like i was making progress and could see hope.  I did the hair, and that made me feel way better.  The brightness in the hair made me feel like i had some "pop" to it.  Now we're getting somewhere. 
      Overall, i added more layers, edge highlighted, black lined, and shaded in areas.  He came out looking decent.  Last model for October and I'm happy with him.

• By Lidless Eye
      And here are some of my other works keeping in the spooky theme.

Since he was metal and not Bones, Rotpatch went here.

@MattParody was nice enough to include this Radukar the Wolf in our last trade box.  Who doesn't love giant Cossack Vikings?

a Death Tyrant from Nolzur's 

Some Spiders from Wargames Atlantic, also the most likely to hit a table soon for RoSD

• Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)