Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
So this is the first time I tried painting freehand on the shield This is the end result of the conversion:
And for the conversion part, I didn't like neither this minis pose, nor its weapon choice (pickaxe really???), nor its commie looking (???) sigil on the shield. So I removed the weapon and sanded the shield. I also think that his pose looks a lot more natural as a spear throw than a pickaxe swing.. Also gave him some simple terrain and a quick paint Thanks for looking!
Hi everyone, here is a group picture of my Bugbear raiding party. I painted most of them last year and mounted them on 40mm diameter base last week. These are all Reaper Miniatures models; 77233 Kegg the Bugbear Hunter, 02603, Skrug the Bugbear Shaman, 77015 Bugbear Warrior, 77232 Mogg the Bugbear Warrior and 77231 Rugg the Bugbear Leader. They were all sculpted by Tre Manor, except for Skrug the Bugbear Shaman that was Sculpted by Ben Siens. I used Reaper's MSP acrylic paint.
******EDIT : Jump to Show-Off thread
Everyone, meet Viridius.
He's a hefty boi. No Ma'al or Kalladrax, but still pretty big. He doesn't even fit in my light box, as you can see.
I've thought a long time about how I was going to paint him up, I don't think I'm going to go with the standard green dragon look. Instead I'm going to take my inspiration from the time of year, and make him an autumn forest dragon, whose coloration changes with the forest around him. So I'll be doing him in mostly golden yellows to oranges and reds, but keeping some greenish tones as the base of scales and other places, to kind of give a reminder of the verdent glory he was before.
One thing I'm choosing to see as an opportunity is that the tops of his wings are very smooth, ideal for some freehand work. The question is, what to do? Some kind of leaf like pattern, or perhaps a butterfly like eye pattern (in the leaf colors, of course)
Out of the box bag he was in pretty good shape. The usual mold line cleanup, though he has some gaps that will need to be filled. I followed up with reshaping the wings a little with some boiling water. I forgot to get a complete before picture, but below you can see the before and after for the right wing
I've had to fully assemble him, I don't like the way the wing joins look without greenstuff, so that's going to be the first order of business. So painting around the wings might be a chore, but it's nothing I haven't dealt with before (Although, not in recent history)
I begain the gapfill on the right side, but after sticking a finger in greenstuff twice and having to flip him back to touch up the texture, I decided to call it a night and do the left side gaps later.
Who's Online 19 Members, 2 Anonymous, 139 Guests (See full list)