hewholurksatthethreshold

The Silent Temple

Father Jaden steps forward and swings at the translucent undead with his mace forcing it to fall back or risk annihilation. This gives Karl enough time to recover and he jumps to his feet again swinging his sword through the undead’s ethereal chest.

“Fools!” The quickly fading creature shouts. “Go to her then. I let you pass. Your souls will do more than the ritual ever could.”

“Fall beast and be banished by the light of the Sun Lord!” Karl shouts as his sword strikes down one last time and the translucent fiend fades away.

Meanwhile Lex continues to frustrate the remaining ghast parrying its blow. The bard hesitates with Jancy. As Dane rushes passed he lets one blow into the ghast and it collapses to the ground. The last undead gone the battle is over.

Karl quaffs a potion which seems to restore his vitality.

"Well, that was interesting. You think our see through freind could have at least told us 'which' direction to go to meat the 'mistress' of his. After all he seemed pretty sure she would want to meet us." Shrugging, she looks back at the rest. "So, which way now?"

Karl looks around the chamber nodding. “this whole place is likely to be infested with undead…” Karl steps up to the podium from which the ethereal creature was speaking.

“Do you know how such a thing could have happened Father?” Lex asks.

“Whatever caused it is truly evil my child,” Jaden replies. “And it must be destroyed at all costs. Make a quick search of the room.”

Lex sets off to look around.

“We must burn this evil book.” Karl says looking down at the black book upon the stand then turns to the statues. “These blasphemous statues will have to be knocked down as well. But first things first,” he prepares to pour a flask of oil upon it.

Alistair skulks at the entrances mumbling incoherently to himself. “There are no songs left…no songs…”

Jancy looks up impatiently from where she is standing "Fine! Burn the thrice damned book and let's get on with this!" She moves towards one exit then the other, glancing down both for something interesting.

Meanwhile Alistai moves over to Rurik and does his best to help hi, "Just relax, the effect should wear off shortly." He props the dwarf up as best he can and then begins a search of the room, looking for anything that maybe of use, hidden doors traps etc.

LT

Father Jaden who has been ignoring most of the conversation, lost in his own dark thoughts, hears the comment about burning the book. Looking up his eyes widen as he sees Karl about to pour oil over the book.

"Stop!" he practically yells to the young Paladin. His voice softens a bit as he sees the look of alarm cross Karl's face. "We know nothing of what is in that book, nor if it is magical in nature. Some evil artifacts cause more damage in the attempt to destroy them then in leaving them be. However, we can not leave that book here. Dane, can you please take a blanket out of your pack and wrap the book up in it. Please be careful not to touch it, we can not risk trying to destroy it but we will not leave it here for the rest of these creatures. When that is done I would like you Dane to scout the doors leaving from here, check to see if there are any traps."

Making sure that his orders are carried out, Father Jaden soon falls back into an uneasy silence.

Dane does as ordered by the priest. Grabbing a blanket he goes and tries to wrap the book up in it and then puts the wrapped book into his pack.

Once done he goes to the door and tries to spot any traps and the like. As he does so he thinks to himself 'I wonder what traps look like, yet another failing on my part. Still I shall try my best as instructed by our leader.'

Alistair moves over to Dane and whispers "Here let me check the doors for traps, But you are more than welcome to watch my back in case soemthing jumps out at me." He adds with a wry grin, "After all, I will be hard pressed to react if I am setting on my duff from jumping backwards!" AListair moves to check the doors "So, as a monk what exactly does your training encompass? " He askes to pass the time.

LT

"Maybe that would work better I must admit I have little knowledge of traps and their workings. Thank you. My training well we spend a lot of time meditating and trying to find a oneness with the universe. We learn to fight but only so that we can defend ourselves and those that need our help." While he explains further Dane also readies himself so that is anything does happen to Alistair he is ready to pull him to safety.

Alistar finds no traps. Eventually the dwarf recovers from his paralyzation.

Lex looks at him wondering why nobody asked him to look for traps and then shrugges his shoulders staring blankly about the room.

"But Father, we must destroy these evil books," Karl continues to argue with Jaden.

Soon Alistar is busy searching about the room. After careful examination of the statues he touches what he thinks might be a a sign of a trap door at its feet. As he does the fleshy statue suddenly slams its fist down hard upon his back. Alistar shrieks in pain.

Karl and Jaden forget their argument. Dane leaps from his meditation ready for battle. Jancy whirls from routing through her bags of components. All of you look in horror as each of the three statues begin to move. The great stone statue in the middle roars out and everyone suddenly feels they are moving much more slowly.

Lex stares blankly then draws his sword.

Rurik starts to feel the use of his limbs returning, first his legs then his arms, it’s not long when he feels in control of his entire being. Seeing that his weapons are at his side he places his pack in front of him and proceeds to find a potion bottle. Just as he pops the cork he hears a loud roar coming from the direction where Karl and Jaden are standing, as he looks over he see that the statues have begun to move. He drinks down the potion (CSW) and notices that his actions have been slowed.

Not again he thinks

ERL

Scrambling backwards a bit Jancy tries to think of any spells she has left that might be of use, in the meantime she elts loose witha volley of magic missles at the staute that pounded Alistar.

Cursing to himself Alsiter does his best to roll away from teh attacking staute Fool! he thinks That's what you get for showing off agian. You know nothing of traps! What in the nine hells was I thinking?!?!? Once he regain his feet he will draw his weapon and prepare to attack at the first moment possible.

LT