hewholurksatthethreshold

The Silent Temple

Quick to respond, Dane and Lex run off to look for orc tracks around the building...

Jancy hesitates a moment as Father Jaden rushes forward up the staircase. Father Jaden advances up the great staircase without difficulty, but as he reaches the top he is dumbstruck by the images before him. (pmed message to Jaden until others get a good look).

Rurik is as hesitant to follow Father Jaden's orders as Alastair, and both refuse to advance on the fountain.

Karl sees nothing wrong with such orders, but as he advances on the basin the pulsating mass of flesh whips out awful appendanges made up of melded together arms, legs and torsos. Karl raises his shield just in time to deflect a bloodsoaked disgusting blow and falls backwards out of the reach of the fleshy monstrousity.

"That is some sort of undead beast!" Karl shouts and draws his sword.

"Alexios have you found anything, I have found nothing myself. Though truth be told I am not very skilled at looking for tracks and things." Dane enquires.

Rurik: Seeing Karl knocked backwards and hearing his outcry, Rurik unlatches his warhammer as he rush forward yelling Moradins Arm serve me well, then hurls the wathammer at 1 of the severed heads.

Elias

"Not yet Dane, but that doesn't mean we won't." Lex then spots something on the ground, and after a few moment's contemplation he turns to Dane. "Dane, may I look at your soles please."

"Sure." Replies Dane, he then lifts his legs up to show his companion the soles of his boots, they are quite elaborate with intricate designs running around the trim.

"Okay. Well, Ive found where you were a couple of minutes ago." Says Lex after literally moments looking at Dane's soles. He has a slightly silly grin on his face, and after a minute or so he goes back to his searching.

Dane chuckles lightly at Alexios' comment. "So we have ascertained that I have been here, I would ask to look at yours but I doubt I will be able to tell the difference between your shoes and an Orc's boots."

Jancy takes a few steps towards the staircase, but when she hear Karl call out she turns to see what is going on. Seeing the strange monstrosity tendril curling back into itself she calls out to Jaden "Hey! that 'thing' in the fountain just attacked Karl!" And she turns to head back towards Karl's position. "Back away from it!" She calls out. "Get out of it's range if you can." As she get's closer she continues on saying. "We really have two choices Tale it out now, and hope we aren't daming any souls to some foul plane of exsitence, or fix what's wrong woth the temple and see if that makes it go away. And if it doesn't go away. Take out when we get done inside."

LT

"Well it's only fair, and apt as well." Says Lex as he lifts one of his feet to show Dane the soles of his shoes. They're very plain, with a tread pattern which looks like a series of arrows.

*What is this priest raving about? , Alistair wonders. Standing amused as the others scurry off to do the biddings of Jaden, he watches Karl approach and sees the sudden attack. Drawing his rapier he stands, poised and ready, although he is equally prepared for combat or rapid flight.

(( Mentally prepared to cast Expeditious Retreat on himself, although he has not begun to do so))

Ruriks hammer knocks one of the heads clear off of the basin then comes flying back right into his hand...the head launchs into the air and flops onto the ground, a crushed pile of goo, a few metres from the fountain.

Karl listening to Jancy clears a good distance from the beast and looks to Father Jaden for instruction. "Should we slay this unclear spirit Father?"

Dane and Lex are busy joking about their shoes while hearing a number of shouts behind them. The seem unaware of the situation desipte being more than close enough to witness it all personally. They were ordered to find tracks after all and it will take more than a few seconds to find tracks. If only those people would keep it down so they could concentrate.

On hearing another shout Dane looks up until now he had assumed they were more religious cries from Jaden, however this last shout had a different pitch and cry about it. Initially he sees nothing that unusual then however a tentacle rises up from the basin and he realises that Rurik is attacking it. "Alexios something is attacking the others, though I have little idea as to what it is." As Alexios looks up Dane points at the tentacle in the basin. He then reaches into a pouch and pulls on some gloves. With that he runs towards the basin ready to attack the creature whatever it is.

*Alistair approaches to be in a position to do something useful if things go awry for the paladin, while maintinaing a watch over the surounding area. His primary focus will be the events unfolding w/ the paladin, but he will not neglect to "check his six" from time to time, unless the need to become involved in rescuing the paladin should arise.*

Rurik: with his warhammer in hand continues to rush forward, just before hurling his warhammer once again at another severed head he can be heard saying "Moradins Arm fly swift and true.

Elias