72moonglum

Ral Partha female rogue adventurer

I absolutely love your paint jobs on these old style minis.

• Like 1

Just now, Loim said:

I absolutely love your paint jobs on these old style minis.

Thank you very much Loim, I really enjoy painting them!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fencig said:

fantastic!

wish i could blend and shade that well even at twice the size

Ah, the sweet skills I somewhat possess that are slowly blinding me..  

• Like 2

She is one of the Ral Partha pieces that I hadn't seen before. The LOVELY Little Rogue painted up into a  BEAUTIFUL creation. VERY WELL DONE as always!

• Like 2

Thanks again all for such nice things to say about my little lady!

She was another figure whose eyes were pretty easily accessible, and her, as well as the other barbarian were sculpted I think more towards the latter eighties and with these, the sizes were a little larger.  I think (not 100% sure) that this one is also a Dennis Mize sculpt, and he had done way back in the day in his Children of the Night series a thief somewhat similar to this,I think in 1979, this one:

Rp-13-015b.jpg.879a620699fc51c4e6d8987b741fae5b.jpg

that I painted years and years ago already, made with about 3/4 the lead.  A little bit of size creep over the ages.  If I get around to it, I'll post the two minis together.

• Like 4

There is always a lot to like, but your darklining here and elsewhere are very controlled and subtle yet important.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Madog Barfog said:

There is always a lot to like, but your darklining here and elsewhere are very controlled and subtle yet important.

Thanks Madog, I’ve been trying to make sure to remember to darkline in necessary places. Sometimes I forget but I think I’m getting better.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Hello again!

here are two more Partha figures I've been working on, two half-elven Rangers sculpted probably by Jeff Grace way back in the nineties.  I'd actually started painting these figures years and years ago, but the eyes turned out horribly wrong on both of them, so I threw them into Pinesol. Recently though, they were sitting on my desk and I got inspired, so started painting them up.  They were pretty simple paint jobs, and once again, because I'm lazy, used the same paint scheme for both of them.  

And here they are together:

• By Rigel
      Forgot to post this fellow earlier! 
      The Pathfinder line Plague Doctor, a pretty direct riff on Doctor Schnabel von Köln. Skinny and unheimlich, with a vial of GLOWING FLUID. Is it a cure? Plague tincture? Reanimation serum? Acid?  Phosphorus? Depends on the game. 

Orrrr...maybe the luminous tonic is a Hyde Formula? 

(Guest appearance by Clay Golem as Mister Hyde.)

You know who benefits from the chaos of a pestilential epidemic? No, besides Father Nurgle? Thieves! Thieves with robust constitutions and/or amulets of health. 
      Here's my take on Daschelle, 44009, the September mini inspired by Kurff the Swift. 

• By 72moonglum
      Hello again!

here are the other two that I just finished, two elven fighters that Ran Partha did a while back.  They had a couple neat ideas, one was to have a male and female version of a race and class, and these two are the miniatures that are for the Male and Female Elven Fighters.  Not sure who the sculptor is on these, should probably find out.  

I did them both with more or less identical color schemes, partly in the thought that it's the same adventurer just in a different male or female version and then also because it made my life easier with one color scheme instead of two.

and here they are together:

Anyhows, hope you enjoy!

Mark
    • By Inarah
      Picked this guy up at a paint and take somewhere.  He was primed black and this is as far as I got without my glasses. 

Fiddled around with him some more recently.  Experimented with some Contrast paints and various glazes.  Calling it done. 

• By 72moonglum
      So I don't know much about Battletech, more of a fantasy guy myself, but I do like these figures which are some Mech Warriors that were sculpted back in the eighties by Bob Charette that Ral Partha just recently re-released.  They have eight per pack with different poses, and I got these first from the Liao Faction/Clan/Family.  Going to eventually get through the whole group and I'll eventually photograph the whole group together, which is why I haven't based them yet.  I've been told these are the pilots for the Mechs and it's very hot in the cockpit, which is why they are pretty scantily clad.

These are eighties Partha, so they are some pretty small  25mm sized figures.  More to come later as I finish them!

Enjoy!
  • Who's Online   27 Members, 1 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)