Sign in to follow this  
DocPiske

Has the pre-painted line Legendary Encounters been discontinued?

I cannot find the pre-painted Legendary Encounters line in the new web site. Maybe my search abilities are just weak.

I sent a question to Reaper Live about the long rumored LE Kickstarter, maybe they will give us an uodate on the line.

I would strongly suspect it has been discontinued. Given the lack of news regarding LE, the success of the unpainted Bones line and the number of competitors in the pre-painted market (abet most of them produced by the same manufacturer), it does not seem like a good market to get into. Further evidence might be WizKids move into unpainted miniatures with a D&D line, a Pathfinder line and  their own generic fantasy miniatures and terrain. The LE line never really seemed to take off; it had something of a wide range of minis over a short time, but lacked depth (only single models of most monsters or race/class combinations). Bones has been a major line for Reaper, and must certainly be easier to produce. Those old enough to remember Merric's law know it's truth, no one has ever managed a way to do all three: Non-Random Packaging, Cheap Prices, and a Large Range of Figures: Choose two.

• Like 3

Got an answer (sort of) on Reaper Live. The line is not discontinued but with everything else going on it's not a priority. "100 percent maybe" for returning to production, a Kickstarter is not planned at this time.

Edited by DocPiske
  • Like 1

On 6/27/2019 at 2:57 PM, Rhydur Meith said:

Those old enough to remember Merric's law know it's truth, no one has ever managed a way to do all three: Non-Random Packaging, Cheap Prices, and a Large Range of Figures: Choose two.

Specific to prepaints, right? Because the various Bones lines accomplish this.

11 hours ago, Talae said:

And yet they laughed when I told them that an unpainted line of miniatures would be a huge success! Laughed!

But I'll show them! I'll show them all!

Especially those fools at the academy!

Muwahahahahahaha! *Thunder*

The Auld Grump

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 7/3/2019 at 12:15 PM, Talae said:

Yes, it was specifically addressing prepainted miniatures. Bones has certainly been able to do this with unpainted miniatures, to the point that WizKids copied the format.