Sign in to follow this  
Rigel

Artizan Apache Characters 2 and Desert Thing (91008)

The West, both Wild and Weird, was a diverse place! Apache tribes featured prominently in history and in fiction, but not on my shelves...until now!
Artizan has some good Wild West figures, and a 3-pack of Apache characters suited my purposes perfectly. 

Especially this guy: DSCN6734.thumb.JPG.658a00838c163e5e9e72ca122d28f261.JPG
DSCN6735.thumb.JPG.51fa7ef2b9bd264af829d1ed0020eff6.JPG
What a great face. So much caution, circumspection, and tired-of-this-bullbroccoli-ness. 
More: 

Spoiler

DSCN6737.thumb.JPG.a03a57945d0c21244ed7dda3aac5789d.JPGDSCN6736.thumb.JPG.d5980ef37d8729e6b107cdacd7348c31.JPG

Here are the other two, warriors and men of renown. Gave them a little more color and pattern, as well as the classic line across the face. 
DSCN6733.thumb.JPG.7c0eaa76339811a8595408470df65d47.JPGDSCN6725.thumb.JPG.20521f55e6c2d76f6d9699496db56df3.JPG
More:

Spoiler

DSCN6732.thumb.JPG.be93b779ee1fd34026a7a573b50f8066.JPGDSCN6730.thumb.JPG.dcce9997889bc7882acd6592bec5e617.JPG

(I fixed the hair and feathers on the kneeling one after taking the picture.)

And because Deadlands monsters are literally made for Weird West settings and these fellows are clearly urging caution regarding SOMETHING, here is Some Thing. A Desert Thing, Bones version (91008). It's delightfully horrid. You want no part of this Thing. Painting the horrible slick teeth and gums of the inner jaw was a treat. DSCN6741.thumb.JPG.aad9e8d5ebdfe392e78a35f308e589b7.JPGDSCN6743.thumb.JPG.f0c1f4af79b3370f1b4c4636b5c31409.JPG

• Like 17

Nice freehand on them!  And though I've had several close encounters with local desert critters, none of them looked like this Thing!

• Thanks 1

Really like the colors on the dessert thing -  the blue on the tentacles is a nice touch, makes it extra creepy!

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By darkwing
      First post.   
      Hellboy (Wizard of Oz Lion) 50312.   Of course it's Hellboy, down to the shaved horns!  The tentacles are from plastic Goloroth shark thing (77343) and Desert thing (91008) around the leg
      Base is Tamiya brick wall and Fimo polymer clay

• By Rigel
      A return to the Weird West setting! These ladies are wonderful townsfolk, or suitable for magic-users or fancy rogues. The young lady in orange is from Eureka (one of their Hyde Park Hypostyle figures if memory serves), while the ones in yellow and pink are from Reaper's Victorians (80068. The Victorian gentleman is still in progress, on the back burner). 

More angles, but the sun was not quite right

And a guest! 80065, the Physician. 

• By Rigel
      My Weird West campaign included the town of Lovelace, a steampunk bastion of order run by a Babbage engine of limited omniscience. Several of the citizens were clockwork-and-punchtape automata. 

Meet Citizen Rustbuckets, one of the oldest inhabitants! I love Stonehaven sculpts almost as much as I hate paying for them. Look at that benign goggle-eyed face and its genial steam-shovel underbite! He's here next to HLPr-bot, featured previously.  

And here's Marshall Crusher, the very long steam-powered arm of the law. I tried to make it look like he's got a boiler in there.

Here's a sampling of the human and automaton population (in two shots because focus is hard).

• By Rigel
      It was getting along for sundown when the turtle moseyed into town.

(click for turnaround)

Now, round these parts, we don't ask questions about a man's past. But every man's got a past, and sometimes the past got a long shadow. 

(Special guest appearances by Bombshell's Raferu-san and some modified Troglodytes.) 

I will glue a grommet top hat to anything, anything. 
      Something about the poncho made me think of old Spaghetti westerns, and things snowballed from there. 
      Hope you enjoy!
    • By Rigel
      Eureka has a two-pack of figures in their Pax Limpopo line called "Hench and Coach," and they are the most corpulent double-chinned British spherical bastards imaginable; Dickensian caricatures after the style of Nast or Tenniel. I had to have them. Didn't bother affixing the coachwhips. They are about halfling-sized in 32mm scale, and walrus-like giants in 15mm scale. You should be able to hear a bassoon-and-tuba soundtrack when looking at them. 

I'd also painted up some minis from Artizan's "Thrilling Tales" line: Miss Greentree, Private Campbell, and Tankie Bob. Each of them is full of personality. Greentree I painted as an Agent Carter-type. Campbell was where I found tartan is not my forte. Could have come out worse. Bob is a scruffy fanatic and I love the sculpt. I figured Ungentlemanly Warfare was a good setting for the three of them.

More pictures below.

• Who's Online   27 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)