Sign in to follow this  
Rigel

Artizan's Erwin Rommel

Didn't order this fella; there was a minor mixup in my order (which was corrected, I must say, with incredible speed--thank you, North Star/Artizan customer service!). BUT--I'll not complain about more pulp-era characters to paint! The Desert Fox is pretty useful for a variety of campaigns of varying pulp levels.
Tried to make the colors match his official portrait. Here he is in a North African setting, with a toy car that is historically inaccurate but a good color match. A tank would have been better, but as we all know, a field-marshal goes to war with the army he has, not the army he wants.

DSCN6720.thumb.JPG.9f8cf6a9141d6dcb5fe6a94706c4d146.JPG

Other angles below.

Spoiler

DSCN6718.thumb.JPG.41934582529d789105e3f716ccccf16c.JPGDSCN6717.thumb.JPG.4b55ff5cad812354acbcd546198b6f7b.JPGDSCN6716.thumb.JPG.2443896b3694883c3703af93d8e9e1a0.JPG

I call this one "Erwin Has A Bad Day." Special guest appearances by WWWOz Lion, Zenith, and Frank Buck. 
DSCN6722.thumb.JPG.445099f1b552062779319e346b9b9c50.JPG

• Like 13

Looks like another great setting - you have a wonderful imagination. Nice paint job with expressive face and his pouches look just right.

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Standifer
      It is never a good idea to play a alternate history video game when you own a 3d printer and love history. My first mini off the the printer is the T95 tank destroyer It was an American prototype. This is in 1/100 scale and it is big for that scale.
      It will need to be cured tomorrow and cleaned up for assembly. 
      Here it is mock assembled next to a Flames of war 76mm Sherman.

Currently working on tiger 2, 105 Pershing and E-100 Turrets. The hulls will come after that.
      Now to find a good looking Maus Stl .
    • By Heisler
      I finally finished some of the WWII German tanks that I have in the stash. These are a bit on the unusual side even for the Germans. The 21st Panzer Division was part of the German’s D-Day defenses but had not really been properly equipped. Major Alfred Becker converted Obsolete French tanks and carriers to help equip the Division.
      These are from Mad Bob Miniatures, they are all resin and only require a bit of assembly. The resin is a bit on the soft side and the longer gun had to be straightened. The castings are a bit rough as well but since they are gaming pieces I didn’t take the time to smooth things out,  just normal prep. I would have liked something a bit more detailed but, for the price and the amount of use they will see, they are about perfect.

Here are the ones I have completed so far:

Starting off with the mSPW S307(f) with a Pak 40 ATG

Then 3 self propelled artillery pieces, SdKfz 135/1 “Lorraine Schlepper”

These are relatively small vehicles so they don’t need a lot of storage room. Since they are open topped they will be getting a few crew figures at some point as well. The 135/1 should have a blade in the back to absorb recoil when the gun is fired. I’m still considering scratch building these because they seem a bit incomplete right now.
    • By Green Eyed Monster
      Today marks the 76th Anniversary of what has been dubbed "The Longest Day", when the push to liberate Europe from NAZI Oppression and predation set foot on the beaches of Normandy, France.
      Please keep all the brave men [and the corp of Nurses who didn't have to but volunteered anyway] who sacrificed so much for all of us in that and the subsequent days and months.
      GEM
      Proud to be a US Navy Veteran
    • By SisterMaryNapalm
      Yes! We can do it again! Let's make a tank! Let's make a beautiful tank!

Once again, it's a diorama project based on a game scene, once again, it's Combat Mission.

In this particular diorama, the commander of a Panzer III M is a reallylucky  person. In a shootout during the Let's Play of German wargaming channel "TaktikfuchsTV", his Panzer III got hit around 20-25 times, prompting everyone to believe that this particular tank was dead. And I mean ... DEAD!

But to everyone's surprise, the crew reentered the vehicle and drove away - going like:

Here's the scene:

Kauder reenters his tank (In German)

So I got me a commanders figure and a tank ...

First off, some pictures to see what this project will look like:

So I got me a Panzer III from Tamiya and started to do some minor conversions ... and over the course of one afternoon, this vehicle was finished.

I am really proud of those selfmade smoke launchers.

The vehicle will be displayed with open hatches. That's a challenge due to the really lame interior, but that's not a problem. I'll use colors to make the less detailed parts dark and the detailed parts white - I hope that will work!

Tomorrow I'll go over the armor and do the shell damages. The only thing I am not certain about is the frontal armor provided by the spare tracks.
      I don't know how those look when they are hit. They are pretty massive and I simply cannot imagine them looking the same way as a normal armor plate when hit.

I've got to dig deeper into it.
    • By Rigel
      Eureka has a two-pack of figures in their Pax Limpopo line called "Hench and Coach," and they are the most corpulent double-chinned British spherical bastards imaginable; Dickensian caricatures after the style of Nast or Tenniel. I had to have them. Didn't bother affixing the coachwhips. They are about halfling-sized in 32mm scale, and walrus-like giants in 15mm scale. You should be able to hear a bassoon-and-tuba soundtrack when looking at them. 

I'd also painted up some minis from Artizan's "Thrilling Tales" line: Miss Greentree, Private Campbell, and Tankie Bob. Each of them is full of personality. Greentree I painted as an Agent Carter-type. Campbell was where I found tartan is not my forte. Could have come out worse. Bob is a scruffy fanatic and I love the sculpt. I figured Ungentlemanly Warfare was a good setting for the three of them.

More pictures below.

• Who's Online   8 Members, 1 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)