Catalyst Game Labs: BattleTech Clan Invasion box set

Xiwo Xerase

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Reality is annoying when it gets in the way of our hobbies....

Won't lie though, it has been tempting to cash out one of my smaller investing accounts for such, but... I dunno.  That seems like a risky thing to do just to get a parcel or three in the future. 

It would mean I'd actually buy the things though... 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

And hopefully we'll see an update soon. I guess they are doing some updates to the main page.

They got the last handful of stretch goals that were met updated, and did some housekeeping, at least.

I'm not sure we'll see 1.5 today; my bet is day after tomorrow (they've been going about 25k a day, give or take..). 

Them hitting 1.5m is the point where Mr. Thorne and I start reassessing pledge levels...

• Like 5

On 8/5/2019 at 10:34 AM, Corsair said:

I do wish we could use Paypal on this, but it is probably not a good idea as I don't want to be tempted to go all the way to Star Colonel...

15 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Now I'm debating about going from Bloodnamed to Star Colonel...

:rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:
On 8/5/2019 at 9:34 AM, Corsair said:

I do wish we could use Paypal on this, but it is probably not a good idea as I don't want to be tempted to go all the way to Star Colonel...

54 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Now I'm debating about going from Bloodnamed to Star Colonel...

:rolleyes:

Yup, that's about how this goes.  :B):

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just over $30k before the $1.5 mil stretch goal.  Given the campaign has gained about $15k in the last eight hours, we should reach $1.5 mil by the end of the weekend.  (We might see it tomorrow.  Saturday is more likely.)

I believe we'll see some fluctuation around when the campaign reaches $1.5 million as people increase and reduce their pledges to take advantage of that stretch goal.

• Like 3

Just found out that at the Star Colonel level, it no doubles the additional box as well. 12 Stars/Lances plus the Starter 5 mechs. Now I have to decide on another Star of Omnis and an IS Lance as well [maybe a 3rd Comstar Level 2]?

This will give me 4 full Battalions on IS mechs, 2 Trinaries of Clan Second Line mechs, 3 Trinaries and a Binary of Omnis. Also 13 Points of Elementals [anyone willing to spare a couple?].

Edited by Corsair
  • Like 3

Star Colonel becomes very interesting after the $1.5m stretch goal, but I am not sure I want to drop that much cash on this project. With the maps I would like to have, that would be come a very hefty investment indeed.

31 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Just found out that at the Star Colonel level, it no doubles the additional box as well. 12 Stars/Lances plus the Starter 5 mechs. Now I have to decide on another Star of Omnis and an IS Lance as well [maybe a 3rd Comstar Level 2]?

This will give me 4 full Battalions on IS mechs, 3 Trinaries of Clan Second Line mechs 3 Trinaries and a Binary of Omnis. Also 13 Points of Elementals [anyone willing to spare a couple?].

What? No consideration for assembling a Comstar III-Alpha out of 6 boxes of 'mechs? :rolleyes:

I once had ambition to paint up a full L4, but then I turned 30, and reality took over. :zombie:

• Like 2