Sign in to follow this  
Xiwo Xerase

Catalyst Game Labs: BattleTech Clan Invasion box set

I was at the track all weekend, so just watched the tracker go higher and higher.

Stayed at Star Colonel but have enough pledged for x2 or whatever the next level is, or just many add-ons (or all the Urbanmechs!! ).

Hope it all goes smoothly from here.  Big stompy robots and multiple waves makes me slightly nervous for some reason.... (Robotech)

• Like 3

I expect CGL to do a better job of this than Palladium did.  I also expect CGL to do a better job of this than they did for Sprawl Ops.  Not only have they learned from that KS but this KS is really important to the future of the BattleTech line (whereas Sprawl Ops looks like a side project for the Shadowrun line).

(Although I also expected Ninja Division to ship Relic Knights, so I don't have the best track record here.)

• Like 3

The fact that CGL listened to the problems from Sprawl Ops and changed things is a good sign. While nothing and no one is perfect, they are at least trying to make this work better.

• Like 1

I'm not exactly a fan of the dual waves of shipping since it means I'll be paying an extra $25-30 USD on top of the previous $50 USD, but on the flipside if it gets me the first quarter or third of my things, it does let me get started on building up a force... 

I just hope I can shoehorn a few of the books into that first shipment, as I like larger books and need something new on the shelves ^_^

Now if only I could be fully decisive about what I'm getting and who I'll be painting O_o 

• Like 2

Well I doubt that the shirts in the fan pack will come in my size, so a friend will be getting mine. Wish we could swap that out for mech credit!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Well I doubt that the shirts in the fan pack will come in my size, so a friend will be getting mine. Wish we could swap that out for mech credit!

Shouldn't they come in Light, Medium, Heavy and Assault sizes?

• Haha 6

45 minutes ago, Corsair said:

There was mention of eight SKU's, so hopefully they have some of the larger sizes ^_^

I'm looking forward to my two shirts, although now I'm debating between Coyote and several others (kind of contemplating Jade Falcon, oddly enough) 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

I expect CGL to do a better job of this than Palladium did.

No knock on Catalyst, but that's a reeeeeally low bar.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Okay, I might have to look into a few more packs than originally expected...  These are gorgeous... 

085522a700808b50c43dbfc65ef75bdd_origina

5e6d3688ca67be9d811764df6ce11118_origina

Especially that Nova Cat and I don't remember what it's packing... 

Edit: okay, that's a hefty hook it packs... 2x ER PPCs and 3x ER Large Lasers, niiiice. 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Okay, I might have to look into a few more packs than originally expected...  These are gorgeous... 

085522a700808b50c43dbfc65ef75bdd_origina

5e6d3688ca67be9d811764df6ce11118_origina

Especially that Nova Cat and I don't remember what it's packing... 

Edit: okay, that's a hefty hook it packs... 2x ER PPCs and 3x ER Large Lasers, niiiice. 

Novacat Primary was 2 ER PPCs and 3 ER Large Lasers. Yeah, you could cook yourself right off!

• Like 3

I quite like the Linebacker too, although the lower legs seem a bit weird.  I like the big bulky mech look though.

My decision process for what to get will be to start with one of each and go from there.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

Novacat Primary was 2 ER PPCs and 3 ER Large Lasers. Yeah, you could cook yourself right off!

Park lower half in water, alpha strike doesn't burn you up as much? :p

37 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

I quite like the Linebacker too, although the lower legs seem a bit weird.  I like the big bulky mech look though.

My decision process for what to get will be to start with one of each and go from there.....

That's pretty much my thinking.  Problem still is do I paint one faction per side, or multiple. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

The Linebacker has always been weird. As concept art, I’m calling this an improvement that doesn’t abandon the original look.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dan d'Lyon said:

I'm going to have SO much trouble deciding.  Those look fantastic!

This for me too. Kind of wanting to get them all....

• Like 3