Catalyst Game Labs: BattleTech Clan Invasion box set

Xiwo Xerase

While the Novacat got some nice freshening up, the Linebacker really is an improvement.

Hmm, with a little juggling, looks like I can do a Ghost Bear Garrison Cluster with 5 Trinaries AND a Diamond Shark Cluster of 3 Trinaries.

• Like 2

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

Throwing enough money at the problem means you don't have to choose...

There's already something like $700 USD planned.  That's going to be a big enough two boxes, I suspect.

Of course, I could just make some hot pink mechs of doom (with black, of course), but that's going borderline outrageousness...

• Like 2

The linebacker does kind of look like he might have a tendency to fall over backwards. Or maybe it's for pop up attacks from a hull down  position? The legs look like they'll extend to double length if the pilot extends them fully.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zink said:

The linebacker does kind of look like he might have a tendency to fall over backwards. Or maybe it's for pop up attacks from a hull down  position? The legs look like they'll extend to double length if the pilot extends them fully.

Yeah, the old mini will fall over without a heavy base to be attached to!

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Zink said:

I agree. It looks like it is posed in a parked position. At a full run, those legs would be extend quite far, and change the look pretty dramatically.

• Like 5

Eep.  I started adding up what certain things will cost.  Yeaaaah, it's going to easily be $200 USD more than I originally expected... 

On the flipside, it's looking like I'm going to wind up with three forces to paint, as with hubby seeming to be more interested in clan designs over inner sphere... I'll be doing two clan forces with all the things, and then Kell Hounds with a selection of mechs. 

...Unless I look at things again, and wind up going 2x Star Colonel but I doubt that.  I still have a while to decide, and of course save up. 

• Like 2

Yeah, I suspect it will be my main big purchase for some time as well, hence why I'm debating so heavily between 2x Star Colonel or the SC+Bloodnamed as originally planned. 

Having enough to field one of every mech for two clan forces and one inner sphere force is... Rather tempting.  That and it solves my Coyote vs Sea Fox canon character conundrum :p

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dan d'Lyon said:

This will likely be my last big purchase for quite awhile.

I've said that before too. I guess technically I was right because I tend to only back one large KS per year but it seems like my hobby budget is always near empty. The only other thing I'm thinking about is Bones 5 and I'm feeling almost satisfied with my Fantasy collection. Sure that'll change once I see some new minis. That's why the last two big buys were spaceships and mechs. Still need to put more thought into what I want in this one. Been reading the digital books from this KS and our old books from the early 90s in the evenings. Not helping with the decisions but it's still interesting. Not sure if I want duplicates of anything right now or grab as many different mechs as possible. 

• Like 3