Sign in to follow this  
Xiwo Xerase

Catalyst Game Labs: BattleTech Clan Invasion box set

2 hours ago, Weird-O said:

And if your FLGS doesn't have it, it's back in stock at the CGL store. :)

Back on the kickstarter itself, a preview of the Gladiator/Executioner model:

https://youtu.be/GGe3ZLtQa9o

The kickstarter itself will be going live this Wednesday at 1:00 PM EST.

OK. That's pretty elfing sweet.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

FYI, the most event update for the Sprawl Ops KS included:

And yet another error on PSI's part.  Some of you may have seen retail versions of the game Sprawl Ops in LGS's.  (Local Game Stores).  I was asking people about it and noticed that retail versions were released to stores by PSI.  Catalyst did not sanction that release.  Their instructions were to wait until all or the majority of Kickstarter backers got their product.   

So it’s possible the release to retail wasn’t directly CGL’s fault.  A misunderstanding seems likely (see the commitment to July) but I’m not a privileged observer.

If CGL uses PSI for this KS, we might see similar mistakes.  We might not.  (I expect some safeguards to be put in place.)

See that's the exact problem with this KS; it's been a constant barrage of contradictions and finger pointing. Catalyst said something (we told them not to ship until July), that exact thing happened (they shipped in July), and then they say that's not what we meant! It's not our fault! And at this point the contradictions have fallen on CGL's side of things way too often for me to believe anything that they say at this point.

On the bright side, maybe a different employee will run the BT KS and you guys won't have any of these problems. (I wholeheartedly believe that this all comes down to just one seriously inexperienced/inept employee running this KS.)

Edited by Chrome
  • Like 2

May 13, 2019
Catalyst has placed a hold on all retail sales and distribution until July so that the backers get their games FIRST.

July 15, 2019
Their instructions were to wait until all or the majority of Kickstarter backers got their product.

This is the very definition of a contradiction.

Edited by Chrome

The first says they gave instructions to not sell until backers got their stuff first.

The second says they gave instructions to not sell until backers got their stuff first.

Still not seeing it. But seeing as how I fight take part in the Sprawl Ops campaign, I'm going to move on and focus on the Clan Box.

I don't really want to keep harping on the Sprawl Ops issues but I acknowledge they're relevant to this KS since it's the same people.  Can we summarize the issues as the following?

• CGL is currently fulfilling a KS for Shadowrun Sprawl Ops.
  • CGL made decisions during the manufacturing process that were not communicated well and effectively gave add-ons for free to backers that others had paid for.
  • CGL has not been very good at communication in the campaign, even with another company (Lynnvander) helping with KS updates.
  • The fulfillment has suffered numerous issues and some backers (especially European backers) are seeing major delays as a result of them.  Most of these issues were caused by CGL's warehouse provider, PSI.
  • The Sprawl Ops boxed set has been released to retail even though non-US backers have not yet received their product.

Relevant to this KS, the following is unclear at this time:

• What actions have been or will be taken to prevent a repeat of the issues with PSI.
  • Whether or not communication from CGL will be handled by the same people or by different people.  (The BattleTech line developers are different from the Shadowrun line developers.)

58 minutes ago, Xiwo Xerase said:
  • CGL made decisions during the manufacturing process that were not communicated well and effectively gave core pledges and add-ons for free to backers that others had paid for.

Agreed, except for this and that I don't believe much about what Catalyst has said about PSI. There's evidence out there that they've twice blamed PSI for things that were there own fault, meanwhile PSI has apparently admitted some fault in this. Meanwhile despite their claims about PSI's total incompetence, Catalyst's higher-ups are content to continue using them as their distributor and the fulfillment center for their online store.

Oh, and also one of the items has a lower MSRP than we paid for it as backers.

Edited by Chrome
Added that backers paid more than retail prices.

Can we PLEASE drop the subject and stick to THIS Battletech Kickstarter? Thank you! There is a thead for multiple projects and another for pending/waiting/delayed KS.

19 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Can we PLEASE drop the subject and stick to THIS Battletech Kickstarter?

Sorry, but this is pretty common practice here when a KS creator with troubled history starts a new KS. Especially when they're overlapping. The whole point of these forums is to inform people about the pros and cons of these KickStarters. They're not just free advertisements for the creator.

If you don't want to see what I've said you can hover over my username and click Ignore User. But what's gone on during the Sprawl Ops KS has gone way beyond the KS norms of delays and missing pledges and I've got too many old friends around here who are interested in BT to not say anything about it.

Anyway, the project is up. The price looks like basically retail. and the inclusion of random blind box mechs does not make me happy. I think this is a wait and see if it materializes at retail for me.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Brother Jim
      Right now it's just a Notify Me page.
      Not sure when it goes Live, but it's set to let me know.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/legionsofsteel/classic-legions-of-steel-scifi-35mm-metal-miniatures?mc_cid=0895778c30&mc_eid=38a9aa806c
    • By Knight of the Dinner Table
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mapalchemists/rpg-community-moral-support-maps-and-art-packs-for-5/description

Nice guy, his maps are good (backed him before) and doing a good thing here.

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/greebo-games/necromals-eternal-lethargy?ref=ksr_email_user_new_friend_project

Story
        Depending on the amount of orders received for each project, delivery dates might vary. The initial shipment dates indicated are not final, and even though we're committed to giving all our customers the best service we can, sometimes the amount of orders received might make the final shipment date vary compared to our initial estimates. Please keep this possibility in mind before placing your order.
      Regarding both the bundles and the stretch goals described above, no swaps of model of any kind are allowed. Therefore, please don’t ask us to swap any stretch goal with other add-ons or any perk models with other miniatures, because that cannot be done.
      We created something for those who like to not take themselves too seriously, for those who would like to relax while painting - with less details, but by no means not enough of them - for those who love their minis with a side dose of cuteness overload and, finally, for those who might have children to introduce to miniature gaming, by giving all of these people something that players will love (or hate, as the case may be) no matter their age!
      Wait a minute… delivery estimated after only two week after the campaign ends? A Greebo campaign?!
      Oh yes, and here’s why: because we’ve started production already! We’re convinced that we can reach the campaign goal, at the least, and that’s why we started the manufacturing process of everything. Therefore, the second you complete your Pledge Manager (let us remind all of you, if you don’t complete it, there will be no shipment, so do it!) your package will be processed and sent, just like that.
      We want to open and close this campaign in record time, and we’re confident that we can do it!
      Physical Prototypes Size Comparison     *Meatwork will come in Resin and metal parts             *Meatwork will come in Resin and metal parts
    • By Disciple of Sakura
      http://kck.st/2OP1igG

Kobolds Vs. Goblins is a game designed, tested, built and played by my son Max and me (You saw him in the video).  The concept was something we came up with for a contest on The Game Crafter using roll & write mechanics.  What we ended up making was a fast and fun game that can be played by people of any age.  It's quick and easy to learn and setup is as easy as opening the box. 
       Max and I decided that people shouldn't be forced to buy our game just to play it.  So, you are free to download the full color print and play version of the game using this link.   FREE PRINT AND PLAY  (including solo mode) You'll need 6 normal D6 dice and something to mark the paper.  (For prototyping, we used clear cubes, but pencil with eraser will work also)

I'll admit... I have no idea how those of you who share KS from others include all the details and fancy stuff. I clearly didn't do this correctly. Munchkin Metropolis traditionally does woodcrafting, and I've been very satisfied with the quality and production time that's come from my prior interactions with him. Figured I'd try and get the word out about his current KS, which he developed with his son.
    • By brushmistress
      A message from Secret Weapon:

Big news time everyone!
      As many of our pledgers know, we need to adjust the Kickstarter - On the positive, we have a good amount of backers and we know that MANY of you are waiting to up your pledges. We have had a really positive response to the product itself, and lots of interest on the customer and retail side. We deeply appreciate this and your support.
      BUT - we have a good amount of backers who are opting to wait on their $1 pledge. This is entirely our fault. We caused this when we locked our core offering behind stretch goals. There is no single item that is core. ALL the options are core. We made it so that many of you had to wait around to buy what you already knew they wanted.
      That's a big boo boo, but it was made with the best of intentions. The system was set up so that there was no mandatory amount, and you added what you wanted and nothing more. We thought that this was better for the customer, but it quickly became obvious the vast majority of backers want jump-in points at set amounts like a usual KS... and weren't entirely sure about a pledge manager that was open during the campaign.
      So, what are we going to do to fix this for you?
      We are going to close the campaign, and relaunch it next week. That sucks and it's embarrassing. But ultimately everything else that happens is great for EVERYONE, because this is what happens next:
      1.) ALL themes will be shown and unlocked right off the bat. If you want Urban Streets or Infinity, you just go get it, no hoops or delays to choosing what you want. You also know exactly what is on offer.
      2.) There will be pledge levels: $50(+), $100(+) and $200(+). The 100 dollar + level will include a set of 3 weathering pigments (really really good ones too - Burning Sands, Dark Earth, and Rust Orange), and the 200 dollar + level will be the pigment set, and a set of 3 genuinely awesome paints. Secret Weapon's Rubber Highlight, Rubber and Tire Black, our most popular colors! At the end of the campaign you will use the Pledge Manager, as usual, to make whatever specific choices you want based on your KS pledge. The Pledge Manger will be available during the campaign for those that would like help figuring out a total pledge level, but that is optional, and you can wait until the end of the campaign to sign up.
      3.) Each of the $50(+), $100(+) and $200(+) pledge levels will have 3 shipping zone options
      Americas, Europe (NOT UK)
      AU, NZ, Asia, Pacific
      United Kingdom (NOT Europe)
      4.) Any extra themes that are developed during the course of the KS will be added immediately, no stretch, we just give you the option as soon as it is available.
      There will be 17 themes live at the time of launch, which doesn't count the licensed product from Corvus Belli and CMON Zombiecide.
      PICTURE TIME

• Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)