Catalyst Game Labs: BattleTech Clan Invasion box set

Xiwo Xerase

Fortunately, I have a friend that I can ask about these KS projects.  I just typically don't.  So I'm not planning to stop buying stuff completely, just be much more selective in what I back and/or buy for awhile.  The plan is to be restrictive for a year.  That being said, I'm at least in for Star Colonel here and could be (much?) more.

Oh, as part of my last hurrah I am backing the Desert of the Dead campaign too.  Bones 5 could be dangerous, but I surprised myself by only pledging/spending $1 on Bones 4.  But oh how I wanted some of those dragons....

• Like 4

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dumb question time. I was a late backer so haven't found this info yet. What's the deal with the 2 waves for shipping? Anybody got a link or short summary? I'm reading a bit in the updates about them but not really understanding the differences.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Zink said:

Dumb question time. I was a late backer so haven't found this info yet. What's the deal with the 2 waves for shipping? Anybody got a link or short summary? I'm reading a bit in the updates about them but not really understanding the differences.

They haven't really fully clarified such yet, but essentially it's to allow us to get some of the stuff March 2020, and then the rest will follow at a later date.  Salvage box mechs will be from wave 1, which will be Clan Invasion box set plus 2-4 of the clan stars, but they haven't precisely said which ones will be wave 1 just yet.

If I remember correctly, I think they were hoping to have a more defined list of what will fall into which wave by the time the Crowdox fully opens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Zink turns out there's more info recently posted in the comments!

161840717_BattleTechWaves.jpg.3e3355385b6bafdfea32f0f48071bf05.jpg

And to pull info from one of the AMA's in my terribly organized notes...

More than likely the Wave 1 boxes are going to be (they were very confident about these ones:

• Clan Command Star (Dire Wolf, Summoner, Stormcrow, Shadow Cat, and Mist Lynx)
  • Clan Heavy Star (I think I have this one written down wrong, as second on the addons list is Heavy Strike Star, but....  Behemoth, Supernova, Marauder IIC, Warhammer IIC, and Hunchback IIC.  If my old notes are wrong, it would be Gargoyle, Hellbringer, Mad Dog, Ice Ferret, and Viper)
  • Inner Sphere Command Lance (Marauder, Archer, Valkyrie, and Stinger)

Hoping to sneak in (2nd AMA's wording was different, but sounded more hopeful but still not fully committing them to wave 1):

• Clan Fire Star (Warhawk, Nova Cat, Cougar, Kit Fox, and Fire Moth)
  • Inner Sphere Battle Lance (Warhammer, Rifleman, Phoenix Hawk, and Wasp)

Yeah, given the order things are listed in the add-ons, I'm about 95% certain I forgot to write a word or two in my notes.  It would not make sense to have a pack full of IIC designs in Wave 1, and the salvage boxes, while people would be rather happy to see a Mad Dog in a salvage box...

• Like 2

The Clan Heavy Star was later. I think the others are the ones we will see as those are the ones that had the original 3050 TRO mechs from the first wave of the invasion. The Heavy Star Second Line mechs didn't show up until the 3055 TROs and later.So that would be the ones most likely to be used for Salvage boxes. Hopefully the IS stuff would also have the Warhammer, Archer, Phoenix Hawk Wasp pack. The first 2 IS packs were in the 3050 TRO as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

The people whining that we got an update to let us know that they have been busy and nothing new seem rather petulant. At least they are not ignoring us like so many other KS do.

While I was annoyed at first about a Tuesday update including effectively nothing, I then realized that hey, they promised weekly updates, and were apologizing for having missed an update due to a con and labour day weekend. 

I think those complaining don't realize just how much work a con weekend is for various staff, doubly so when a lot of responsibilities are added in alongside everything else they do.  I don't remember his job title, but I'm rather certain Talon does more than just be "a pretty face and a nice voice" for the update videos. 

And yeah, it's nice to see regular updates, I'm looking forward to the update from a different company that will be posting their update soon (after they recover from the con they were at this past weekend). 

I just wish I could figure out what my plans were for the pledge manager, but I've got plenty of time to work that out - my main thought process right now is curiosity over what will be in which wave, and focus will be on wave 1 stuff, assuming we can divert wave 2 purchases to the second opening of the pledge manager.  Really hoping to acquire at least two of each clan mech, and one of each inner sphere mech, but preferably two of everything... 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Weird-O said:

What second pledge manager opening?

They've mentioned a few times that in between wave 1 and wave 2 shipping that they will re-open the pledge manager.  No confirmation yet as to how long such will be for, and if you can add in a second full pledge level though (I'd specifically asked about adding in a second Star Colonel). 

Such was mentioned and talked about a good amount during the second AMA.  Hence why I'm hoping for two things... The first is the teased 120 days of initial pledge manager.  Most common timeframe they've said though is 90 days.  The second is for full availability of things for the second opening of the pledge manager, which I hope to also be for at least three months. 

• Like 2

I'm ok with waiting longer to get my toys if it gives me time to scrape up the money to buy everything I want. Worst case situation would be a quick pledge manager starting soon. I'm hoping to be able to upgrade to Star Colonel while the pledge manager's open.

• Like 3