Catalyst Game Labs: BattleTech Clan Invasion box set

Xiwo Xerase

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Anyone else still get a troubling feeling at the mention of Wave 1 & Wave 2?  As if millions of dollars of Robotech money cried out and were silenced.....

Sadly the couple unseen mechs I have are no longer worth their weight in gold. Not that I was selling them anyhow.

50 minutes ago, Corsair said:

More likely they were overwhelmed at the response. I think they expected the Wave 1 stuff through the KS run, and hoped for a Wave 2, but let's face it, they admitted that they did not expect the tidal wave they got hit with.

As far as I know overwhelming success has ruined a few KS. Hoping this isn't one of them.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Zink said:

As far as I know overwhelming success has ruined a few KS. Hoping this isn't one of them.

I think they have done a smart thing by going to 2 waves. This allows them to focus on completing the first section, then the rest. Especially depending on where the minis will be produced and then shipping, etc.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Corsair said:

I think they have done a smart thing by going to 2 waves. This allows them to focus on completing the first section, then the rest. Especially depending on where the minis will be produced and then shipping, etc.

It will also allow them to show various things, like being committed to things, but also not wanting to wait a year and a half to get everything to backers. 

I really can't wait to see more about the maps... Even if hubby has his way and I wind up getting Heroscape tiles to play on as well, I still plan on doing a few things to add 3D elements to the standard hex maps ^_^;;;

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

It will also allow them to show various things, like being committed to things, but also not wanting to wait a year and a half to get everything to backers. 

I really can't wait to see more about the maps... Even if hubby has his way and I wind up getting Heroscape tiles to play on as well, I still plan on doing a few things to add 3D elements to the standard hex maps ^_^;;;

I'm not gonna mention that there are miniature non-hexmap rules, even a rulebook about about it...

Nope, not gonna mention it...

Or how much more fun it is to play like that...

Not gonna mention it...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Corsair said:

I'm not gonna mention that there are miniature non-hexmap rules, even a rulebook about about it...

Nope, not gonna mention it...

Or how much more fun it is to play like that...

Not gonna mention it...

I have to wean him on hexes first, then build towards "tape measure are good and don't bite" first ^_^

I personally prefer hexless, simply because of the flexibility it offers.  It would also allow me to focus more on mechs instead of the battlemats :p  I can definitely see why he likes the hexes as an idea though. 

• Like 2

Just now, Jasper_the_2nd said:

If you'd get your 3D printer up and running.....  <_<

That wouldn't help with these, I need them with no ridge around the exterior for these 3 mechs.

However, you are right about getting it running, I have to do a Bruin once it is ready!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Corsair said:

That wouldn't help with these, I need them with no ridge around the exterior for these 3 mechs.

However, you are right about getting it running, I have to do a Bruin once it is ready!

When I made my 40mm bases, it would have been easier without the rim.  Super easy to make an appropriate sized solid hex in tinkerCAD (or pretty much anything else).
I'd never be able to cut one out that was even on all the sides, unless you have a template already made.  I can measure repeatedly and still mess up the cuts.....

• Like 2