Catalyst Game Labs: BattleTech Clan Invasion box set

Xiwo Xerase

Spotted in the comments....

Greetings!

There will be a full update on the Pledge Manager this week. I know it's the quesiton foremost on most backers' minds. Us too, :)

We are still working on the snag discovered between QML and CrowdOx. I have no doubt we will iron it out. Will explain in detail once we understand the full extent as well. But basically, our insane number of options and configurations may have stress-tested the system and blown a few holes in it.

Tested under fire.

YEah, that sounds like BattleTech.

Sounds like we'll know some more with Friday's update.  I'm curious as to what went boom-pop-fizzle-smoke, but it sounds like it should work relatively well in the end.

• Like 2

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a kickstarter, there's always delays. That projected ship date of March 2020 for Wave 1 and such? As long as it ships at any point in 2020, it's on time as far as I'm concerned.

Besides, the longer they take, the more cash we can save up for when the pledge manager opens. :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The promised Pledge Manager update for this week is out...

First, the bad news: The PM is probably postponed at least another week.

Now, the good news: CrowdOx is devoting their developers to improving their system for the campaign's PM.  A side effect is that backers can opt to postpone their wave 1 rewards until wave 2 and have everything shipped at the same time.  (Although this will probably only help people who can fit everything into one box.)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

Now, the good news: CrowdOx is devoting their developers to improving their system for the campaign's PM.  A side effect is that backers can opt to postpone their wave 1 rewards until wave 2 and have everything shipped at the same time.  (Although this will probably only help people who can fit everything into one box.)

I'm not 100% sure I take the latest update as good news.

What it says to me is that they picked a PM vendor, which I have to assume was cheaper than the alternatives, without fully vetting their capabilities. Now that team is scrambling to take a platform which is not designed for this level of scale or complexity, and to make it ready in a few short weeks so they can keep a lucrative contract.

I like that they are communicating, but I am concerned over the resulting stability and reliability of the system.

• Like 3

I was originally liking the idea of a single package, but... I think I'll stick with the original two waves idea, and just be a bit more... Selective, or tactical about what I prioritize.  Since they've repeatedly confirmed it will open a second time in between waves, wave 2 stuff will see a much lower priority for me than wave 1 stuff, which let's me spread the cost over a longer period of time, and allow me to not worry too too much about setting aside some of my current goals. 

Just means I won't have as many mechs in the list initially, but I can live with this ^_^

• Like 2

18 hours ago, klarg1 said:

I'm not 100% sure I take the latest update as good news.

What it says to me is that they picked a PM vendor, which I have to assume was cheaper than the alternatives, without fully vetting their capabilities. Now that team is scrambling to take a platform which is not designed for this level of scale or complexity, and to make it ready in a few short weeks so they can keep a lucrative contract.

I like that they are communicating, but I am concerned over the resulting stability and reliability of the system.

I'm less concerned.  I've been on a couple of KS at least that have used CrowdOx and their pledge manager has worked well.  I see it more as Catalyst changing their plans on the fly during the KS without fully explaining it to CrowdOx, and then CrowdOx looking at it as more of an opportunity to expand their product.  As long as they have a clear plan for what they need to change to implement what they need I expect all will be fine.  And it sounds like they have a pretty good idea what they need to do, and I like that they are taking another week to evaluate their development plans before giving us a timeline.

That said, I'm glad I don't work for CrowdOx...I'm too old for 16 hour a day coding marathons.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1